PDA

View Full Version : Starbound!

Magicalfishy
09-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Does anyone else here play Starbound? If you don't have it, definitely consider buying it. It's at least x100 better than Terraria, Minecraft, and any other survival/adventure sandbox game out there even. I'd like to set up a dedicated server of some sorts that we can all play on. Let me know if you'd join it or not. :sweatdrop:

EDIT:
This new combat preview looks EPIC.
http://giant.gfycat.com/GreedyDecentCutworm.gif

MyLegGuy
09-22-2015, 01:49 AM
I bought that game a year and half ago. Played it a bit. Got kinda board in my singleplayer world. Then there was an update. And my saves weren't compatible anymore. Haven't played since. If you set up a server for the game and it had a few people playing on it, I would come back to the game and play on it.

peck
09-22-2015, 03:05 AM
It's good for being unfinished and it has very very fast development as it adds tons of content every update.

The issue is before they were planning to do one massive update but they started to receive negative reviews that they abandoned the game (Despite them putting daily updates on the dev log on the website) and now they release tons of stuff without even optimizing it. Servers are the biggest offender.

The game itself hiccups at the moon base and procedural cave generation despite being equipped with a 970 and 4770k with no driver defects of any sorts. The servers are even worse as it renders land so far away that players cannot see or even interact with, and not the monsters or any entities on the land just being a waste of memory (that the player renders much later anyway so there's no point having it pretty rendered) resetting the sand or gravity blocks will stress the server hardtime and doesn't need to be explained..

The game is so great but so unoptimized even for being a beta. Ehh forget about dedicated servers for this game at the moment... especially since how poorly it handles client interaction (you can still make a simple little mod that closes people's games without saving by swinging a sword)

Polar
09-22-2015, 06:39 AM
Good game but (atleast for me) crashes way too much

Magicalfishy
09-22-2015, 12:06 PM
It's good for being unfinished and it has very very fast development as it adds tons of content every update.

The issue is before they were planning to do one massive update but they started to receive negative reviews that they abandoned the game (Despite them putting daily updates on the dev log on the website) and now they release tons of stuff without even optimizing it. Servers are the biggest offender.

The game itself hiccups at the moon base and procedural cave generation despite being equipped with a 970 and 4770k with no driver defects of any sorts. The servers are even worse as it renders land so far away that players cannot see or even interact with, and not the monsters or any entities on the land just being a waste of memory (that the player renders much later anyway so there's no point having it pretty rendered) resetting the sand or gravity blocks will stress the server hardtime and doesn't need to be explained..

The game is so great but so unoptimized even for being a beta. Ehh forget about dedicated servers for this game at the moment... especially since how poorly it handles client interaction (you can still make a simple little mod that closes people's games without saving by swinging a sword)

I've also been thinking about that stuff... but I mean it'd be nice to have a tiny private server to play on. :p

iFrostSpark
09-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Does anyone else here play Starbound? If you don't have it, definitely consider buying it. It's at least x100 better than Terraria, Minecraft, and any other survival/adventure sandbox game out there even. I'd like to set up a dedicated server of some sorts that we can all play on. Let me know if you'd join it or not. :sweatdrop:

omg
stop lying :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Areodax
09-22-2015, 12:36 PM
trisha has starbound.....

fishy why do you do this to me

why do you have to hurt me

i play terraria now because piracy told me to

Djcasso123
09-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Seems fancy... imma check it out!

Magicalfishy
09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
trisha has starbound.....

fishy why do you do this to me

why do you have to hurt me

i play terraria now because piracy told me to

I could buy it for you? :sweatdrop:

Areodax
09-22-2015, 09:44 PM
I could buy it for you? :sweatdrop:

Seems tempting...

I might be asking too much? But you can buy it for me if you want tho. I still have my Steam somehow.

I don't even know if she still plays Starbound or GT anymore. :cry:

Magicalfishy
09-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Seems tempting...

I might be asking too much? But you can buy it for me if you want tho. I still have my Steam somehow.

I don't even know if she still plays Starbound or GT anymore. :cry:

You have a kik right? Add me.
MrMagicalFishy

Magicalfishy
09-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Anyone else? :P

GIGeo
09-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Looks like it has alot of fantasy. Not interested.

PURPLE585
09-24-2015, 11:01 PM
last time i checked i had 69 minutes on it

Zfert
09-24-2015, 11:17 PM
hi yes hello i am here it is time to bound some stars

Magicalfishy
09-24-2015, 11:45 PM
hi yes hello i am here it is time to bound some stars

Alrighty, get on steam matey.

Zfert
09-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Alrighty, get on steam matey.

wait, like right now

you have a server like right now

Magicalfishy
09-24-2015, 11:47 PM
wait, like right now

you have a server like right now

I could get one right now. :p

I was talking about Hamachi doe.

Zfert
09-24-2015, 11:56 PM
I could get one right now. :p

I was talking about Hamachi doe.

Ehhhh maybe during the weekend, not feeling sterbernd today

Magicalfishy
09-24-2015, 11:57 PM
Ehhhh maybe during the weekend, not feeling sterbernd today

Did I just hear you correctly? The ultimate space pirate said he was starburnt? : o