PDA

View Full Version : Android 4.1.2 problem!

Shadin Siddique
09-26-2015, 07:43 PM
So I downloaded this strange application, and it gave me ads on my android so I wanted to delete it.
I couldn't delete it then. And the application was outside Play Store. Turns out to be an administration device app.

I went to SETTINGS > Administration Device App something and tried to deactivate it but it locked my screen, after unlocking it, I tried to deactivate again but it still locks my screen.

I have been searching Google for hours and can't find the answer to this solution! Please help!

DahUnikorn
09-26-2015, 07:45 PM
android customer service kinda helps believe it or not :/

Shadin Siddique
09-26-2015, 07:46 PM
android customer service kinda helps believe it or not :/

I'm new to android and do not know any gizmos of this wicked application. (Or partially anything)

How to or where to find this android customer service. :crazy:

DahUnikorn
09-26-2015, 07:49 PM
I'm new to android and do not know any gizmos of this wicked application. (Or partially anything)

How to or where to find this android customer service. :crazy:

search up their customer service # and it should tell you things like "press 1 to contact ____"

Shadin Siddique
09-26-2015, 07:50 PM
search up their # and they'll be like "press 1 to contact wjdwjbfwjbfjw" or "or press 3 to wejdsnvwejnvwejnv"

Don't want to say them that my brother downloaded some inappropriate application called "Hot Girls"
(Yes I said "I" There so I don't want to ruin my brothers reputation. Meh.)

MyLegGuy
09-26-2015, 08:05 PM
What is an administration device app?

Also, are you rooted?

Bruce Wayne
09-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Don't want to say them that my brother downloaded some inappropriate application called "Hot Girls"
(Yes I said "I" There so I don't want to ruin my brothers reputation. Meh.)

There have been reports of apps like these messing with the operating systems priorities. Try to contact your brother and see where he got it, off Play or just on a website.

If he got off the internet (browser/Google Chrome), then your device may be at risk. Try to back up your device next time.

If you ever let your brother use the device, go to this Chrome website "chrome://flags/". Do not put .com, try to find "Enable app install alerts," enable it and reset the browser (It will open a little box at the bottom, press "reset.")

Also download an anti-virus application FROM the Google Play Store. Scan the app, if you can get into the device.

(THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE DEVICE VERSION)

MyLegGuy
09-26-2015, 08:50 PM
If you end up not being able to figure it out, I suggest doing a factory reset.

TheKill69
09-26-2015, 08:55 PM
What app is it?

What you can do is :

Get on a PC (Windows)
Install your phone/brand android drivers
Enable USB Debug on settings
Get ADB Tools if not included with drivers
Open the folder with adb.exe and do Shift+Right Click and open a command window
Do adb uninstall <package/app name> (Use this (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gijoon.pkgnameviewer&hl=en) app to find your app package name)

Should be gone.

Brys
09-26-2015, 10:28 PM
There have been reports of apps like these messing with the operating systems priorities. Try to contact your brother and see where he got it, off Play or just on a website.

If he got off the internet (browser/Google Chrome), then your device may be at risk. Try to back up your device next time.

If you ever let your brother use the device, go to this Chrome website "chrome://flags/". Do not put .com, try to find "Enable app install alerts," enable it and reset the browser (It will open a little box at the bottom, press "reset.")

Also download an anti-virus application FROM the Google Play Store. Scan the app, if you can get into the device.

(THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE DEVICE VERSION)
Yea what he said. Download CM security. It works well.

Bruce Wayne
09-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Yea what he said. Download CM security. It works well.

** OP downloads it from the Internet, and he complains here again.

Pikasack
09-27-2015, 01:48 AM
Have you tried booting into safe mode, then uninstalling it from there?
Saved me when stuff like this happened.

You can usually do this by long pressing on Power Off in the Power menu.