PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Fortress

Shikaru
10-05-2015, 03:50 AM
So, I need more peeps to do dwarfy things with and stuff. I convinced war to download it and try it tomorrow so ye >_>. But seriously, it's a fun and comple game with hundreds of things to do. You'll want to download this http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125633.0 unless you like ASCII cancer burning into your retinas. (Seriously, it is nigh unplayable with ASCII graphics, use a tileset, any tileset. I prefer Phobeus or Mayday).

Most recent fort I didn't get iron until year 2, didn't notice that to brew my drinks i needed a pot instead of a barrel(For some odd reason despite the starter drinks coming in barrels e.e), ran out of booze, had one die to dyssentery, slaughtered an elven caravan, had an elven animal and a dwarf child go berserk and kill a few people, kid got killed soon after by my military, then a werebear came and wiped out my military and proceeded to lay siege to my to my fort. Oh also a HOARD of immigrants came, I got immigrants every season. Started with 12 dwarves, ended with 60 by the summer of year 2...Seriously. Wish I could edit a file to make fellow dwarves killable and a source of a ton of meat..

Lesson learned, never embark on an area where plump helmets can't be farmed, iron isn't easily available, and with an army using exotic weaponry that's hard to train...

Also never let a miner with a steel pick get enraged or lotsa people will die unless you have a good military, (unless of course, you lock unwanted immigrants into the room with them...).

TL;DR: Embark on places with shallow and deep metals, pay attention to what you need to make booze, and for the love of god don't export a ton of rare goods. The immigrants e.e...

Shikaru
10-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Le bump. #10 chars.