PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Sudden High Ping on My Dell Inspiron 14 7447

DeeJays
10-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Need help from PC experts here. I just purchased this Dell Inspiron 14 7447 Full HD 5 days ago. At first, everything was normal. I play games normally with low ping (latency). Just 2 days ago, the ping spiked up to 500-800ms. I thought it would be a problem from my ISP, then I tried to test my connection on my sister's laptop and the ping was absolutely normal. I have no idea what is happening. Could anyone help me identify the problem?

Here is my pingtest.net result:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/132095567.png (http://www.pingtest.net)

DeeJays
10-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Just use speedtest.net and pick your favorite server. pingtest.net can't even show any servers in my country, so it's crap.

Yes, I know. But on my sister's laptop, the latency is only 40-50ms. Which shows problem on my newly purchased laptop.

golddash
10-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Call your ISP. It happened to me with Comcast as well and it was fixed in a few hours.

Festivity
10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
probably the dns or what? maybe the network adapter needs to be reset? Or try turning off the router.

DeeJays
10-05-2015, 11:51 AM
CPU and RAM usage not even 30%. And I learn that when I tried to ping google.com, it said "ping request could not find host". I can ping IP Addresses though. I can browse well, I watch youtube with no buffer as normally. But my latency keeps spiking to 500-1000ms in pingtest.net or online games such as TF2, CS:GO :/

DeeJays
10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Power saving mode.

Unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn this off to save power" thing from my network adapter. But still the same high ping. Is restarting the pc required? I'm unfamiliar in these kind of things, just to let you guys know.

Lom1s
10-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Maybe your laptop is just hungry. Go buy her a pizza.

Brys
10-05-2015, 01:06 PM
CPU and RAM usage not even 30%. And I learn that when I tried to ping google.com, it said "ping request could not find host". I can ping IP Addresses though. I can browse well, I watch youtube with no buffer as normally. But my latency keeps spiking to 500-1000ms in pingtest.net or online games such as TF2, CS:GO :/

Is anyone else in your house watching TV/Playing/downloading games

If so that could be the problem?
Probably not but it could be a simple fix.

DeeJays
10-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Is anyone else in your house watching TV/Playing/downloading games

If so that could be the problem?
Probably not but it could be a simple fix.

They use the wifi as well from the router but I tried plugging my laptop directly to the modem, still the same high ping. My networking drivers both realtek and wireless are up to date as well.