PDA

View Full Version : Wow...just WOW...

Boomer
10-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm the proud owner of a Nintendo DSi. I got it for Christmas back in 2009. Over the years, my R button received heavy usage from using it as the nitro button on Asphalt 4. Finally, 3-4 years ago, it broke. I called Nintendo about it, and since it was out of warranty, it would cost about $60 to repair it.

Flash forward to the present. Now, my L button is going. Not sure how much it'll cost now, but I'm thinking its around the same price as it was 3 years ago.

So, for 2 buttons, I'll be spending a whopping ~$120. What's worse, I can buy a brand new 2DS with Mario Kart 7. A brand new system with better graphics, better hardware. A brand new game. All cheaper than 2 friggin pieces of plastic.

ಠ_ಠ

Shadin Siddique
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Never underestimate the power of Nintendo staff - repairment prices. :whistling:

Conan
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm a proud owner of the first gen Nintendo DS that has broken speakers and backlights.

Just to add, IT'S EXACTLY 10 YEARS OLD LAST SEPTEMBER OMG. TIME FLIES SO FAST.

lol

Ill buy that DSi for cheap and repair the buttons in under 10-20$ (insert lenny)

Mr T.
10-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Rip my nintendogs

Legomaster
10-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I was thinking about all the Nintendo stuff I have bought.

First generation DS - don't even talk about it. NO. It was a chunky old thing but was good fun, bad thing was it broke in like 5 months.

DSI - was a very good console, had it for a good couple years, after I dropped it and its screen cracked. Then it took me like 100 Euro to get it fixed. NUUUUUUUUU :cry::nope::cry:

Wii - haha, what a legend. Still works, and bought 4-5+ years ago. BEAST!

3ds - don't use it much but I hope it doesn't break somehow like my other ds's :panic:

Boomer
10-07-2015, 04:43 PM
I was thinking about all the Nintendo stuff I have bought.

First generation DS - don't even talk about it. NO. It was a chunky old thing but was good fun, bad thing was it broke in like 5 months.

DSI - was a very good console, had it for a good couple years, after I dropped it and its screen cracked. Then it took me like 100 Euro to get it fixed. NUUUUUUUUU :cry::nope::cry:

Wii - haha, what a legend. Still works, and bought 4-5+ years ago. BEAST!

3ds - don't use it much but I hope it doesn't break somehow like my other ds's :panic:

Let's see, my first system ever was a GBA. Loved that thing, until I broke the screen because I was raging at Game of Life (yes, seriously). Didn't have any games for a while, until my grandfather gave me his GameBoy Color. Still have it, still works fine. Don't play it much, though. A few years later, I got my DSi. Aside from said L and R buttons, it still works great. About a year after that, I got a Wii. Still works, and I still play it from time to time. My dad brought an iPad 2 home from work a couple years ago because I had been playing Tanked on the family HP Touchpad. I still have it, and use like half the day when I'm not grounded from it (currently am). Then, back in February my dad's coworker brought in his Xbox 360 and gave it to my dad. I got Forza 4 a couple days later and have been happy, even without Xbox Live.

- - - Updated - - -

and repair the buttons in under 10-20$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Teach me Senpai....I'm making a Flipnote animation and I need my L button to make life easier D:

Conan
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Just get some parts and fix it yourself @Boomer lol
My first gen DS worked for years. (Backlight and speakers broke because my grandma hid it yearsssssss ago and small ants and humidity broke it I think.
Though I can still play games without the speakers and lights. (Hard though. earphones works)

My sister's 3DS is running since 2012 AFAIK. 3DS is pretty damn good.

ElectroDream
10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't know what kind of 3DS I have, but it looks like this:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/dsixlblue6810.jpg

I was a kid when I bought that, so I did not bother to check the specs and stuff. Aah, old times. I'm thinking of buying their chargers (PSP 2006 and this 3DS) and play games on them again. :whistling:

EDIT: It's a DSi XL, meanwhile I don't know what it means still. Ha.

Boomer
10-08-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't know what kind of 3DS I have, but it looks like this:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/dsixlblue6810.jpg

I was a kid when I bought that, so I did not bother to check the specs and stuff. Aah, old times. I'm thinking of buying their chargers (PSP 2006 and this 3DS) and play games on them again. :whistling:

That's a DSi or DSi XL, not a 3DS.

This is a 3DS: http://i.neoseeker.com/n/8/nintendo_3ds.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just get some parts and fix it yourself @Boomer lol
My first gen DS worked for years. (Backlight and speakers broke because my grandma hid it yearsssssss ago and small ants and humidity broke it I think.
Though I can still play games without the speakers and lights. (Hard though. earphones works)

My sister's 3DS is running since 2012 AFAIK. 3DS is pretty damn good.

I watched some videos and it looks fairly easy. I'll try the air duster cleaning thing first though, and hope that works. If all else fails I might convince my dad to let me order some buttons.

Conan
10-08-2015, 03:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I watched some videos and it looks fairly easy. I'll try the air duster cleaning thing first though, and hope that works. If all else fails I might convince my dad to let me order some buttons.

My sister has a pink 3DS which she put hello kitty stickers on it lol.
I downloaded a few apps I tried to play there though. (The 3DS's kanguage is japanese so it's kinda hard for me to navigate it lol)

Disassemble ur DS and clean it from the inside lol

Maybe after I get a pc I'll try to get a 3DSXL or WIi or something from nintendo again.

#NintendoFoLayf

Rockytop
10-08-2015, 03:34 PM
I just realize my 3DS will be 4 years old this month!

ElectroDream
10-08-2015, 09:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Kay, I can't even differentiate 'em. :P

Areodax
10-08-2015, 09:26 PM
My PINK Gameboy Advanced lasted longer than both my DS and DSi. Combined.

Huehuehuehuehue my little pinkie is a trooper.

PvP4MC
10-08-2015, 09:48 PM
I had some DS before the DS and the DS Lite, I've checked all over gamestop, amazon, ebay etc. The name for this DS is unknown, I can't find a picture of it 'cause I don't know the name :p. I have brief description of it tho: Black, Buttons, Speakers :crazy:. I checked in with Nintendo to see how much my R bumper button would cost to repair and they didn't even know about the device. WTH, a company that doesn't know about their own electronics.. Or is it me :p

-KingSonicGT

Linkoftime
10-08-2015, 09:56 PM
My PINK Gameboy Advanced lasted longer than both my DS and DSi. Combined.

Huehuehuehuehue my little pinkie is a trooper.

My gameboy broke years ago sad lief.

R.I.P. link dun remember when it broke or where it is today gudbye my pink bruda

dun ask why i named it im wierd

Aquarious
10-08-2015, 10:15 PM
why must all the l and r buttons on the ds systems suck

sonsoftanked
10-08-2015, 10:50 PM
I still have my DS from 07 haven't used it in 5years or more though omg time flies

ElectroDream
10-08-2015, 11:07 PM
why must all the l and r buttons on the ds systems suck

While you guys are complaining about your L and R buttons, my stylus is gone. Is there anywhere I can buy them?

darksnake99
10-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I have a PSP-1000 with the joystick broken off, leaving just a little peg. Never bothered fixing it. Just buy a new one. Old hardware isn't worth the upkeep, unless you are an enthusiest.

PvP4MC
10-09-2015, 01:59 AM
While you guys are complaining about your L and R buttons, my stylus is gone. Is there anywhere I can buy them?

From me.. :P

EDIT: 1 world lock each.. :whistling:

Magicalfishy
10-09-2015, 03:46 AM
How has your mother still refused you to getting a 2DS? Dang, you poor soul Boomer. I can buy whatever I want now that I have a job.

Aram Sevag
10-09-2015, 03:51 AM

I lost like 4 styluses lol.

inkorrect
10-09-2015, 05:59 AM
I also own a DSi.

I got it five years ago, still amazin'.

mokky
10-09-2015, 06:03 AM
Meanwhile my old game boy advance still works.
The charger is all rusty but still workin fine.

Conan
10-09-2015, 07:54 AM
ElectroDream

I got around 2-3 styluses (Original nintendo ones)

For the first gen DS though. (I have the huge pen like stylus lol)

ElectroDream
10-09-2015, 08:15 AM
ElectroDream

I got around 2-3 styluses (Original nintendo ones)

For the first gen DS though. (I have the huge pen like stylus lol)

Where to get them? I had two (given on purchase), my naughty cousin lost one of them and my brother took the other one since he lost two of his. :sweatdrop:

Is there anywhere I can buy them? My phone has no stylus too.

ScptrX
10-21-2015, 11:08 PM
LOL.

Nintendo 64 much better.

Boy255
10-22-2015, 01:05 AM
I owned a gamecube,never got hold of gameboy advanced.
I got sunshine and a few other games.
But then,wii and nds got released,so we sold our old GCN.(Wii has backwards compatibility)
We got a single wii(that i still play daily)and 4 NDS.1 went missing,2 is with me,1 overseas.
Ok,the one that got missing was first gen.
The 2 with me is DSi and DS lite.
1 overseas idk,but pretty sure its DS lite.Or first gen
For my nds,i have 2 4R rcards,and a mk ds card.Its all still usable,after a decade:yeah: gg nintendo.
(The R4 cards are really good,but one of them is overseas.)

For the wii,i do have Mario kart Wii...only.I have a ton of wii games,but the wii cant load them.Too many scratches?Besides,its a decade,and its disc..
But on the bright side,my sunshine still works ;) and also i have a mario kart double dash.Really cool.played until 2012(?) but couldnt load from there.

So yeah,what should i buy?Wii u and 3DS,or wait for project NX?I see the wii u very expensive,and i still have a wii.so yeah.But i think mario kart 7&8 is pretty,and super smash bro wii u is really cool.Damn graphics.

P.S my broken wii games are
-Super mario galaxy 1&2
-New super mario bros wii(i have it on ds)
-Tama gochi
-MK double dash
-Some other few games
-Super smash bros brawl

- - - Updated - - -

LOL.

Nintendo 64 much better.

Back in the time.Nintendo vs Sega.
Also i own a copy of sm64 on project 64 on my pc.
Rom hacks are too cool.