PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Education Debate (Not sure if it's the correct name)

Jaime12
10-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to make some debate! (I'm aiming to make more of these)

As the title says, I'm not sure if it's the correct name, I just translated it from spanish (Educacion Diferenciada). If you don't know what it is, it's the eduaction that's separated by genders. For example, there are 2 schools: A and B. A just has boys in it and B just girls in it. That's it. Just wanted to know your opinions and make some debate.

In my opinion, is a good idea, because girls and boys learn different. Girls usually become mature before boys, and that affects the way they learn. But instead of the usual sexual education, separating the whole schools, they coud just separate the classes, because out of the school, boys and girls may not be accustomed to the other gender.

That's a part of my opinion. As the debate starts & continues I will be adding more arguments to my opinion.

I really hope these is an interesting debate, because is I wrote, I'm aiming to make more.

P.D: Here in Spain, these kind of schools are really bad seen, just organizations like Opus Dei support and make them.

Hans
10-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Sex ed. (Sexual education)

Is the education of sexual intercourse (and the such)

Lmao

Solorien
10-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Sex ed. (Sexual education)

Is the education of sexual intercourse (and the such)

Lmao

It can also be used to mean teaching about the different changes that happen to the different genders as they mature.

Space
10-07-2015, 06:32 PM
I think you mean separate schools into boy- and girl schools?

Not a big fan of this though, opposite genders can learn from each other.

Hans
10-07-2015, 06:46 PM
It can also be used to mean teaching about the different changes that happen to the different genders as they mature.

I'm well-aware that what I said was not the exact definition, and that is why I added "(and the such)", since whenever hearing "Sex education" that is what comes in my mind first.

LyveWyre
10-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I think they should have a seperated class, but they should all learn the exact same curriculum. If they were together, it can be very uncomfortable for all of the students.

Aly
10-07-2015, 07:50 PM
The internet has taught me more than sex-ed.

Wuve
10-07-2015, 08:48 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Areodax
10-07-2015, 09:19 PM
To me, I think it's best for both genders to get comfortable with each other. We could learn instincts from each other and stuff. Women are different than men, but does that stop us from interacting withh each other?

Not just because I make ships, silly OP.

ParkourDevil
10-07-2015, 09:25 PM
To me, I think it's best for both genders to get comfortable with each other. We could learn instincts from each other and stuff. Women are different than men, but does that stop us from interacting withh each other?

Of course not. People are made for interacting with each other. This boy-girl school thingy is just a dumb idea

inkorrect
10-07-2015, 09:26 PM
I think they should have a seperated class, but they should all learn the exact same curriculum. If they were together, it can be very uncomfortable for all of the students.

I agree with this. But still, why should learning about life be uncomfortable?

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why parents are so worried about their kids spending too much time on the internet.

darksnake99
10-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Health class is more of a better term. You really need to know more, health classes can teach decision making in difficult social situations, good diet, STD prevention, etc. more than just learning how to "do it".

Applez
10-07-2015, 09:50 PM
i have never been to a sex ed but internet is an alternative

so is the playground lol

syrup
10-07-2015, 09:51 PM
this is a very important opinion back by science 1000%

Edwardson97
10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Sexual education is always been taught with boys by their self learning and girls learning by themselves. It was interesting when I went through it.

Joshyeh
10-07-2015, 11:13 PM

shrekt boyyyy

Magicalfishy
10-07-2015, 11:19 PM
This is something that their parents should be teaching them... and not at an age as young as 12.

Comment
10-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Sexual Ed is teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys how to do sexual intercourse with a woman, or what will happen during it. It can also be people developing overtime and evolving. Just like Solerien, "mature"

GummiBear64
10-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Internet teaches me more than teachers ever could.

Did you know that babies are made by kissing and then they're delivered in a stork?

|ThyLuigi|
10-08-2015, 02:51 AM

If a student finds it uncomfortable, that is their own problem, as simply being in the same room with the other gender is something you'll have to face in the real world as an adult, whether you like it or not.

COLTONROCKO
10-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Terrible idea. It will cause major problems with social interaction with women as they get older, as they will get used to just talking to guys.

And yes, man can mature just as fast as women, we just don't choose not to.

BoredSozes
10-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Internet teaches me more than teachers ever could.

Did you know that babies are made by kissing and then they're delivered in a stork?

Yes, the Internet has taught me that as well. I learnt more about sex ed on the net than in school aka crane babies.

Nathan Shew
10-08-2015, 07:24 AM
My school is a single gender school (One of the top schools in SG Not naming) It is apparently to let us concentrate on our studies better and not end up in some relationship with some girl (For some reason the top schools in SG are all single gender schools) But according to Chinese tradition it is better to be in single gender schools. But we must accept the fact that we have to meet people of the opposite gender when we grow up.IMO it is better to be in a single gender school as a teen as it is the period when we get in a relationship easiest but after which we should be in a double gender school as it teaches us social schools

Nathan Shew
10-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Last time I was in a boys only school, there were a lot of gays peeping over at each other's penis. :crazy:
Yeah. Forgot to add that the people may turn gay in a one gender school (what I heard at least)

Punch
10-08-2015, 12:39 PM
i'm in an all boys school, no gays at all, it's a catholic school, and one if the best school in Indonesia

Hans
10-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Okay then, since everybody's sharing their thoughts, I'll be sharing a story instead.

I know this guy who studies in an "all-boys" school, and has no clue whatsoever how to interact with women and the such. He's practically scared of going out-bounds with the boy stuff, and doesn't know how to deal with girls in real-life. He's also desperate to get a girl-friend, by the way. It's terrible, actually. They have no idea how to deal with these kind of stuff, so they just do it their way.

We're all driven by emotion, after all, and if you do not know how to control these emotions, you'd end up making a fool of yourself.

Jaime12
10-08-2015, 04:59 PM

*** silly OP, I share that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

My science teacher teaches more of that than the special s-education teacher

That doesn't happen to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that people don't understand what I was refering to with Sexual Education. Read the second pharagraph, pl0x. It-s not education ABOUT sex, it's education classified by genders.

LyveWyre
10-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I agree with this. But still, why should learning about life be uncomfortable?

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why parents are so worried about their kids spending too much time on the internet.

Regarding your reply, and Luigi's, it definitely shouldn't be uncomfortable by just being around the opposite gender, but with such a touchy topic such as this, where in Canada is taught at such a young age in which children are mostly aren't mentally mature to take it seriously. It can either be giggled at, or people could be scared of. I remember back in Grade 7, I for sure didn't like how there were two girls sitting next to me. If I had knew one of them were to be my girlfriend in the future, it probably would've been worse with that mental capacity. Anyways...in high school, I can see it as that people have gotten over it being "weird", but it still weird talking about that stuff while sitting next to the opposite gender, that is for some reason how people have shaped this world. It really shouldn't be awkward...it happens to EVERYBODY!

|ThyLuigi|
10-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Regarding your reply, and Luigi's, it definitely shouldn't be uncomfortable by just being around the opposite gender, but with such a touchy topic such as this, where in Canada is taught at such a young age in which children are mostly aren't mentally mature to take it seriously. It can either be giggled at, or people could be scared of. I remember back in Grade 7, I for sure didn't like how there were two girls sitting next to me. If I had knew one of them were to be my girlfriend in the future, it probably would've been worse with that mental capacity. Anyways...in high school, I can see it as that people have gotten over it being "weird", but it still weird talking about that stuff while sitting next to the opposite gender, that is for some reason how people have shaped this world. It really shouldn't be awkward...it happens to EVERYBODY!

I do agree that the class, sex ed, should be seperated by gender, although for the sake of actual being social, schools shouldn't...
by high school of course, the students should be mature enough to be together.

BoredSozes
10-09-2015, 06:13 AM
I prefer going to mixed gender schools. It is a fact that in society, you're still going to have to mix with the opposite gender over work etc. Separating the genders may also leads to social awkwardness and lack of insensitivity/understanding towards the opposite gender.

inkorrect
10-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Yeah, mixed gender schools are all good. I mean, what's wrong with getting a lil' familiar?:rolleyes:

Edible
10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
TBH I think that maybe 30 years ago our parents won't have known like what like uh *cough* u know *cough* is, but because we r exposed to the net (which is a good and bad thing) we kinda mature in that sense earlier (again, 2 sides of the coin).

Personally, I think it's important that they don't let makes and females attend the same sex-Ed class because they teach different things. Like asking them to prevent themselves from getting their rights violated in different ways and from different people. I study in a girls school, and it's pretty awkward for me to talk to guys (especially if they r from a guy's school) so I definitely agree on your take about having like conversations and contact with opposite gender being important BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY TEENAGE COUPLES.

Which is okay. Until they take things too far and plop stork drops off a baby.

Thus, play safe and don't live on the edge.

PS: my opinion so please keep an open mind and don't get offended!:)