PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Growtobecool
10-10-2015, 02:00 AM
After Thanksgiving, my class have to present our books created in iPads (In our school, we often use iPads to learn).
Everybody may seem to not have a problem presenting, but I do.
For the pas 2 years, I've cried in most projects/presentations I've done. It's driving me nuts, and it's embarrassing to see a 7th Grader cry infront of a 7/8 Class, ESPECIALLY that you're 2 years away to high school.
I dunno what it's called, but I have HUUUGGEEE stage fright (or something).
I'm always so shy, and you live in the world where anyone can make fun of you/judge you. I want to be strong, but I can't.
It's one of my most personal problems I'd ever had. I tried talking it to my teacher, but she never have time (Photocopy, Lunch, Marking, bleh bleh bleh).

So I thought you guys can help me?

OLiVERi
10-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Just be confident.
Don't force yourself :D

but sometime you should learn how to present, but I'm sure you can do it.

Good Luck!:hat:

|ThyLuigi|
10-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Imagine them all n—SHUT UP!

Okay, simply act as if you are talking to yourself. Loudly.

ElectroDream
10-10-2015, 02:52 AM
They're all your friends. There is nothing to be afraid of. I've been presenting things since I was a kid in front of my family and classmates, ranging from singing in front of them until presenting science stuff. If you forget about what you're about to say (due to stage fever (that's how we say it in Indonesia)), laugh along with them and feel the joy. They are the people you have known, so there's no reason to be afraid. They won't like, gossip it for ages after that happened. They will forget about it soon if you make a mistake. So, don't be afraid of making mistakes.

And this is the second tip which is really efficient if you're facing strangers. Look at their foreheads. Don't look them in the eye, it drives nervousness. That's just a tip our teacher told us. Eye contact is really important in presenting, however if you can't look in the eye, just look at his/her forehead.

Just be calm, take a deep breath before presenting, make sure you are prepared for them the previous day to not drive nervousness in case of unready.

A few times and you should be used to presenting. My school gives us presenting skills, because it's really a handy skill to use later on in real life.

Indicative
10-10-2015, 02:58 AM
Try to redefine your audience. Redefine your audience generally means changing how you see your audience. Instead of seeing them as someone who is older than you like the 8 graders or someone who is evaluating you for example your teacher, maybe you can convince yourself that they are all fellow students who are in queue to present after you. They are all equally nervous so there is no reason why you should be too.

Or perceive them as long lost friends that you haven’t seen for 10 years. This way you can maintain eye contact trying to figure out where you have seen him before. To the audiences, they will see a very friendly and personal presentation.

Do not try to convince yourself that they are babies in diapers or that nobody is around as suggested by some people out there. It is very hard to convince yourself that no one is around when you are actually speaking to them.

:rolleyes:

inkorrect
10-10-2015, 03:02 AM
Imagine them all n—SHUT UP!

What he meant to say is, imagine them all nice. That way, if you screw up, they'll be really nice about it.