PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted

JOSHIE63
10-15-2015, 02:31 AM
There is a literature contest at my school. I am contemplating entering, but there has not been a resolution yet. I have been told that I can write quite well (anything I do on this forum is casual…like lying on my bed at 9:00 P.M. casual), but I fear that entering may be a problem. The motivation is that the prize is a $50 gift card of the winner's choosing. The first issue is time: I have hardly any of it — mostly self-explanatory. The next issue is that what I write is deeper than the straightforward meaning, containing multiple themes, relations, and double-meanings. Yeah…the topic is seasonal withdraw. What I write about is much too dark (not like murder, just not daydreams and lollipops) for such a joyous subject, leaving the myriads of what I have insignificant.

All of this considered, they announce the winner's name. In the modicum percentage that favors me as a winner, that does not give one a great reputation in school. Seniors would kill me. :cry:

craft3d
10-15-2015, 03:17 AM
I think you will do fine in a writing competition, your writing level is beyond advanced for your age group, and even if you write on the more depressing side of things, if the main point is clear and accurately depicted, then you should be fine.

If not, well, don't take it as an way to knock you down. Take it as a way of teaching to you "broaden" your writing styles.

peck
10-15-2015, 03:24 AM
It's true your motivation likely will not outweigh the few very dedicated senior writers who do it not for the prize, but the possible scholarships to come out of it. Though when it comes to that kinda school stuff I say you do it unless there's entrance fee. In my life I've seen two very intelligent people come up in seconds what takes me countless pensive hours at home. Chances are at least one of these kinda people are going to show up.