PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day Brief History

Comment
10-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Christopher Columbus didn't actually "discover" America, or the "new world". He claimed it his own. When the Native Americans lived there, he tortured them, raped them, enslaved them, and said "this is my land". He is a bad person who didn't discover America because of the things he did to people so it makes people think that Columbus is a hero. But he is not. He is a serial killer of 10,000 Native Americans.

Who Discovered America?
Vikings. Yup. They are real, and they did discover America because of their ships and voyages around the world. People thought that Christopher Columbus got the idea that the earth was round. False. 2000 years ago before he was born, the ancient Egyptians already knew the earth was round, because of the climax changing throughout Egypt.

Applez
10-15-2015, 11:06 PM
Christopher Columbus didn't actually "discover" America, or the "new world". He claimed it his own. When the Native Americans lived there, he tortured them, raped them, enslaved them, and said "this is my land". He is a bad person who didn't discover America because of the things he did to people so it makes people think that Columbus is a hero. But he is not. He is a serial killer of 10,000 Native Americans.

Who Discovered America?
Vikings. Yup. They are real, and they did discover America because of their ships and voyages around the world. People thought that Christopher Columbus got the idea that the earth was round. False. 2000 years ago before he was born, the ancient Egyptians already knew the earth was round, because of the climax changing throughout Egypt.
they didnt tell me is at school

iHateThis
10-15-2015, 11:08 PM
This thread is way too edgy for me.

PolarisHD
10-15-2015, 11:16 PM
If you wanted people to believe you, you should've put the source. The only ones who will believe this are gullible people.

Edit: I don't really care about these kind of stuff. I just wanted to tell you that you need to include the source so people will actually believe you. So don't even bother arguing with me about whether this is true or not.

SageDeoxys
10-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Oh wait, its Columbus day? Everyone just barge into any random person's home and take it as your own!

GrateNPowder
10-15-2015, 11:44 PM
Do you know...
that there is a guy called Chris Colombus?
P.S. He manages Sony/Columbia Pics.

Paintlesss
10-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Critopher Columbus did not do that the royalty and there army did that Christopher Columbus died before most of that stuff happened I'm sure:confused:

Malevolent
10-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Columbus day is controversial. Yes most of what you said is true and he looked at the Native Americans as slaves and etc. But why people celebrate him now isn't because he did all of that, but because he had one of the first most documented trip if not the first. He was the first person to tell Europe what was there and where it was allowing Europe to colonize it and eventually becoming the countries we see today.

I really hope this helps!

Malevolent. :sweatdrop:

iCrystalCat
10-16-2015, 01:09 AM

Who Discovered America?

If your trying to be funny in the first paragraph that wasn't funny at all that's just immature, and where did you get this information off of, the wiki? If not I'd like to see where.

MyLegGuy
10-16-2015, 01:29 AM
"There are three main sources of controversy involving Columbus’s interactions with the indigenous people he labeled “Indians”: the use of violence and slavery, the forced conversion of native peoples to Christianity, and the introduction of a host of new diseases that would have dramatic long-term effects on native people in the Americas."
"Columbus and his men enslaved many native inhabitants of the West Indies and subjected them to extreme violence and brutality."
- http://www.history.com/topics/exploration/columbus-controversy
I think all of what Comment said is true.

Brys
10-16-2015, 01:30 AM
He came in >>>>> Mistreated the natives >>>>>>> Took anything he wanted.

So when there is a Columbus Day sale do I just walk in and take anything I want?

SageDeoxys
10-16-2015, 01:40 AM
Oh wait, its Columbus day? Everyone just barge into any random person's home and take it as your own!

He came in >>>>> Mistreated the natives >>>>>>> Took anything he wanted.

So when there is a Columbus Day sale do I just walk in and take anything I want?

That with this would probably do fine

Aram Sevag
10-16-2015, 02:03 AM
That's technically true.

syrup
10-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Meanwhile in AP World History...

|ThyLuigi|
10-17-2015, 05:23 AM

Who Discovered America?

What was his name...leif erikson?
Yeah, arrived in what is now called newfoundland.