PDA

View Full Version : Fork

Luve
10-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Take a look at the forums. When Solorien decided to do what any mom always do: touch thing she shouldn't touch, a new generation has come on the Growtopia forums and all the oldies are here.

JOSHIE63
10-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I cannot see the point in the last phrase. Maybe I am malfunctioning from exasperation of others, but it was a little nebulous. What is it trying to convey?

Blitzkrieg
10-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Why are you lying about yo' flags?

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot see the point in the last phrase. Maybe I am malfunctioning from exasperation of others, but it was a little nebulous. What is it trying to convey?

An exquisite question my friend. But what he is phrasing is that after the reorganization of the forum layout the old players have left the confusing forum layout and gone to the tavern.

ParkourDevil
10-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Am i an "oldie"?

PolarisHD
10-18-2015, 08:43 PM
The reason why the "oldies" are in here is because they don't even try to familiarize themselves with the new forum layout (which isn't hard to do). It's honestly not that confusing. They're just hard-headed.

Edit: Another possible reason is because they're just simply tired of the Growtopia forums.

iCrystalCat
10-18-2015, 09:28 PM
I just found it easier to get around on when more messy and spread out, now it's all organized with like one box leading to 2 more with another box and blah blah, you get what I mean right..?

JOSHIE63
10-18-2015, 09:31 PM
An exquisite question my friend. But what he is phrasing is that after the reorganization of the forum layout the old players have left the confusing forum layout and gone to the tavern.

I feel stupid. I did not make the connection that "here" was stringent on this exact forum, not on the forums in general.

The reason why the "oldies" are in here is because they don't even try to familiarize themselves with the new forum layout (which isn't hard to do). It's honestly not that confusing. They're just hard-headed.

Edit: Another possible reason is because they're just simply tired of the Growtopia forums.

I am partly both reasons. Without the drama sub-forum, there is nothing interesting to debate about. People are too fearful to voice their opinions anymore because the thread is always deleted — without an explanation, if I may add — and anything said, disregarded like a paltry, insufficient payment of a loan.

The forum layout is needlessly complex. The sub-forums that were separated to dissuade threads under the wrong sub-forum could be combined once more, for most of them are stretches of a topic that only pertain a modicum of the myriads of threads posted per day. However, I do like that some sub-forums are less crowded; wherein the past, one would need to bump a thread three times a day.

PolarisHD
10-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I am partly both reasons. Without the drama sub-forum, there is nothing interesting to debate about. People are too fearful to voice their opinions anymore because the thread is always deleted — without an explanation, if I may add — and anything said, disregarded like a paltry, insufficient payment of a loan.

The forum layout is needlessly complex. The sub-forums that were separated to dissuade threads under the wrong sub-forum could be combined once more, for most of them are stretches of a topic that only pertain a modicum of the myriads of threads posted per day. However, I do like that some sub-forums are less crowded; wherein the past, one would need to bump a thread three times a day.

- Bring back the "Drama" sub-forum. I think as long as people are being civil, then it's fine.

* The problem is that they could NOT be civil. If it's not civil enough and GT related enough to be in the Everything Else forum, then it doesn't really belong here.

So basically, you can still create drama as long as you keep it civil and is GT related.

If you think about it, the only sub-forums they "stretched out" are the Marketplace and the Bug Reports and Problems. The Marketplace became more organized now and less people are posting "I've been banned!" threads (I think). I'll say it again, it isn't that hard to familiarize yourself with the new sub-forum.

raqk
10-18-2015, 10:36 PM
So basically, you can still create drama as long as you keep it civil and is GT related.

If you think about it, the only sub-forums they "stretched out" are the Marketplace and the Bug Reports and Problems. The Marketplace became more organized now and less people are posting "I've been banned!" threads (I think). I'll say it again, it isn't that hard to familiarize yourself with the new sub-forum.

Also solorien herself said she was only in charge of the Growtopia sub forums. In fact, there isn't any rule against any drama at all in the tavern. Yet there were threads barely containing drama deleted in the tavern just earlier today...

PolarisHD
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
Also solorien herself said she was only in charge of the Growtopia sub forums. In fact, there isn't any rule against any drama at all in the tavern. Yet there were threads barely containing drama deleted in the tavern just earlier today...

Solorien isn't the only moderator that can delete threads. Simple, if it wasn't deleted because of drama, then it got deleted because it's in the wrong sub-forum, or it's considered as spam, or it contains inappropriate content, etc. Drama isn't the only reason why a thread gets deleted.

raqk
10-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Solorien isn't the only moderator that can delete threads. Simple, if it wasn't deleted because of drama, then it got deleted because it's in the wrong sub-forum, or it's considered as spam, or it contains inappropriate content, etc. Drama isn't the only reason why a thread gets deleted.

I should start adding threads to the internet archive wayback machine... The specific thread I am referring to not only had no drama, but was also not innapropriate, in the wrong subforum, spam, or anything else that would cause it to be rightfully removed. And I don't care if it was by solorien or not, it should have stayed.

PolarisHD
10-18-2015, 10:50 PM
I should start adding threads to the internet archive wayback machine... The specific thread I am referring to not only had no drama, but was also not innapropriate, in the wrong subforum, spam, or anything else that would cause it to be rightfully removed. And I don't care if it was by solorien or not, it should have stayed.

Welp, I can't really say anything right now since I have no idea about the thread you're talking about.

raqk
10-18-2015, 10:53 PM
Welp, I can't really say anything right now since I have no idea about the thread you're talking about.

Neither can I. They'd probably remove me just as they did that thread. For no reason, either.

syrup
10-18-2015, 10:55 PM
yeah ik oldies r so stupid go away forum belong to cool kids!!! :cool::cool::cool:

go do taxes old people :mad::mad::mad::mad:

JOSHIE63
10-18-2015, 11:34 PM

I am quite aware of that, but this is the internet. At what point can we extricate any constraint, or evade any attempt to curtail the straightforward rules set in place only anticipating a player to fail. It is almost a false freedom. Threads are usually not civil in any manner; derailment and misguidance is usually the cause of it. Removing that sub-forum did nothing but obscure the limitations and connotations of the word "civil." To add to that, anything is uncivil: mentioning a name, derailing a thread, presenting an opinion too strongly, using any connotated, twisted form of an insult — all uncivil.

Some of the sub-forums are not needed, like the "I've Been Banned!" one. A sticky in the bugs/glitches sub-forum would have sufficed to prove the point of that whole sub-forum.

GummiBear64
10-19-2015, 12:43 AM
yeah ik oldies r so stupid go away forum belong to cool kids!!! :cool::cool::cool:

go do taxes old people :mad::mad::mad::mad:

what??? :confused::confused::confused:

Areodax
10-19-2015, 12:49 AM
It felt that the Everything Else sub-forum became obsolete and nearly filled with threads related to excrement.

In other words, :poop:posters.

SageDeoxys
10-19-2015, 12:51 AM
It felt that the Everything Else sub-forum became obsolete and nearly filled with threads related to excrement.

Wasn't it filled with those already?

Areodax
10-19-2015, 12:54 AM
Wasn't it filled with those already?

Before, it was mostly just some tame posts, questions to the community and stuff.

Now, it's where the :poop:posters come to play with :poop: until they die in their own filth.

SageDeoxys
10-19-2015, 12:57 AM
Before, it was mostly just some tame posts, questions to the community and stuff.

Now, it's where the :poop:posters come to play with :poop: until they die in their own filth.

That's if they don't die from :poop:posting so hard first. Their poor mou... Butts can handle it all.

426 Hemi
10-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Take a look at the forums. When Solorien decided to do what any mom always do: touch thing she shouldn't touch, a new generation has come on the Growtopia forums and all the oldies are here.

Hi I'm an alt

Luve
10-19-2015, 03:21 AM

Exactly...

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 10:07 AM
I am quite aware of that, but this is the internet. At what point can we extricate any constraint, or evade any attempt to curtail the straightforward rules set in place only anticipating a player to fail. It is almost a false freedom. Threads are usually not civil in any manner; derailment and misguidance is usually the cause of it. Removing that sub-forum did nothing but obscure the limitations and connotations of the word "civil." To add to that, anything is uncivil: mentioning a name, derailing a thread, presenting an opinion too strongly, using any connotated, twisted form of an insult — all uncivil.

Some of the sub-forums are not needed, like the "I've Been Banned!" one. A sticky in the bugs/glitches sub-forum would have sufficed to prove the point of that whole sub-forum.

I don't know what your definition of "civil" is (when it comes to drama), but for me, as long as you're not insulting/bashing other people and aren't breaking any forum rules, then that is civil. Welp, I don't really know if people were actually civil or not since I didn't hang out in the Drama sub-forum 24/7.

- Remove the "I've been banned" sub-forum and return it to the description, or just post a sticky about it, or just do both.

* That was put there for a very specific reason. That reason being that no matter how many times we post about it like you suggested people continue to post their bans. We're trying this now. I know it's silly that it's necessary.

It's funny because the Tavern has a lot of :poop:posters too.

Dark_Heat
10-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Was gonna post something but y'know, 2 infraction points and I don't want a ban, so I'll just post,

You are brave Luve. ;)

26FtW26
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
I just tavern and chill, since the Growtopia forums are over flooded with angry little spoiled children.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GummiBear64
10-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Was gonna post something but y'know, 2 infraction points and I don't want a ban, so I'll just post,

You are brave Luve. ;)

There is a difference between being brave, taking things out of proportion and just blatantly complaining. He's doing the latter two.

Dark_Heat
10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
There is a difference between being brave, taking things out of proportion and just blatantly complaining. He's doing the latter two.

I was trying to find something to say because I really don't want to get banned and don't want to get an infrac. for pointless post.

- - - Updated - - -

I just tavern and chill, since the Growtopia forums are over flooded with angry little spoiled children.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mate you stole my words.