PDA

View Full Version : Possible aliens discovered?

Space
10-19-2015, 08:37 AM
The star KIC8462 has weird patterns: 20% of the star has been dimmed, in comparison: Jupiter blocks about 1% of our light. They found this out by the transit method where a planet blocks light and people can calculate how big the object is.

http://www.iac.es/proyecto/tep/fig1moda.gif

Either KIC8462 has suddenly gotten a massive planet OR they might of made a dyson sphere.
If it really is a dyson sphere that would mean that there are species far more intelligent than we are.
A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure that completely encompasses a star and hence captures most or all of its power output.
Not only could a dyson sphere be used for power it could also be used as a giant galactic billboard to let species know that they are there.

What do you think? Aliens or nah?

26FtW26
10-19-2015, 08:41 AM
We know far too little about space to actually be calling random [insert science] aliens.

26FtW26
10-19-2015, 08:45 AM
and they are not telling us everything.

illuminati is taking over the world omg dank memes insert xfiles music pls omg danker memer
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/20140728/5079552/360-no-scope-by-mlg-pro-o.gif

Space
10-19-2015, 08:47 AM
We know far too little about space to actually be calling random [insert science] aliens.

Scientist aren't saying it are aliens but there aren't saying it's not aliens .

Punch
10-19-2015, 12:28 PM

'Punch'es them in le face

DumbOldDoor
10-19-2015, 12:40 PM
I don't think they would tell the public if they actually found signs of extraterrestrial life.

Its Daniel
10-19-2015, 01:59 PM
And yes, you're late from the news.

syrup
10-19-2015, 02:04 PM
I think people would freak out if another species that came from space would suddenly visit us, people would not take the news lightly, they'd probably try to kill it and end up killing all of us.

Boomer
10-19-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't think they would tell the public if they actually found signs of extraterrestrial life.

People now: "Oh how we wish we knew if there were real aliens out there..." *Gazes at the sky*

Scientists and astronomers: "We found aliens! They're only 3,000,000 miles away! Incredible!"

People once they know aliens exist: "OMG NOOO THEY'RE GONNA KILL US SEND OUT THE SPARTAN SUPER SOLDIERS!!!" :panic: :panic::panic::panic:

ianCSzz
10-19-2015, 04:35 PM
But then, if they DO exist, how would they react to us? Would they greet us with their alien tea or obliterate us completely?

Space
10-19-2015, 04:38 PM
But then, if they DO exist, how would they react to us? Would they greet us with their alien tea or obliterate us completely?

Not, unless if we make a similar structure, you can compare it to a giant billboard.

Also, the time it took from the moment the even happened that caused the dimming of the star has been ages ago (literally),.

Bruce Wayne
10-19-2015, 04:39 PM

They would probably greet us then see how we portray aliens and blast us off the surface of the planet, then blow up the planet.

Pigiuxx_GT
10-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Not aliens but the illuminati! :excl: :nuke: :excl: (Just kidding! I think nah. Because they should visit us. We would chill with aliens! Yeah :cool:)

ianCSzz
10-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Not, unless if we make a similar structure, you can compare it to a giant billboard.

Also, the time it took from the moment the even happened that caused the dimming of the star has been ages ago (literally),.
I know. But if one day our technologies are good enough, and we found a way to get there, how would they react to us?

peck
10-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Said to not be likely but they aren't ruling it out which I find kinda funny.

https://youtu.be/8V-TxYyyLI4

Space
10-19-2015, 04:57 PM
I know. But if one day our technologies are good enough, and we found a way to get there, how would they react to us?

probably not, we might send out radio waves to them but they might use something way better.
our radio waves would be outdated.

Imagine trying to use a telegram while everyone uses the internet. Near impossible.

A meeting with the aliens would be unlikely since they are lightyears away (It'd take ages to go to their system since only an object with mass can move at the speed of light.

Their reaction?

Maybe we are one of the first very intelligent species to go into space (unlikely if you look at the age of the universe)
There's also a chance they just don't care about us, but why wouldn't they be interested?
Imagine we humans are like a bug on the sidewalk. No one cares about you and no one will feel bad if they step on you.

peck
10-19-2015, 05:06 PM

Assuming they're still alive because what we see is millions of years old: half chance peace half chance war. They'd be developed enough to not be barbaric and understand the idea and benefits of peace, however if they wanted the resources badly enough and ran under anarchy: kill earth.

Hans
10-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Are there any proof that average human beings can create a Dyson sphere? Since it was just a taken concept, it may be a little different so let us not assume that it is actually an exact Dyson sphere, nor are we even sure if it is a complete structure from other species. But I have seen graphs of this KIC 846285's light patterns, and I am not sure if there are any proof that this is natural or not since anyone would become skeptic if it rises then dips over and over.

Mr T.
10-19-2015, 05:48 PM
ayyy lmao.......

Space
10-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Are there any proof that average human beings can create a Dyson sphere? Since it was just a taken concept, it may be a little different so let us not assume that it is actually an exact Dyson sphere, nor are we even sure if it is a complete structure from other species. But I have seen graphs of this KIC 846285's light patterns, and I am not sure if there are any proof that this is natural or not since anyone would become skeptic if it rises then dips over and over.

Humans can not yet make a dyson sphere though we might be able to make a massive sail which could be folded up and when spread out be able to block a fair amount of light.

PURPLE585
10-19-2015, 10:00 PM
if there really are.. er.. aliens..

wouldnt letting other aliens know where you are a bad thing?

JClauson32
10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
The star KIC8462 has weird patterns: 20% of the star has been dimmed, in comparison: Jupiter blocks about 1% of our light. They found this out by the transit method where a planet blocks light and people can calculate how big the object is.

http://www.iac.es/proyecto/tep/fig1moda.gif

Either KIC8462 has suddenly gotten a massive planet OR they might of made a dyson sphere.
If it really is a dyson sphere that would mean that there are species far more intelligent than we are.
A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure that completely encompasses a star and hence captures most or all of its power output.
Not only could a dyson sphere be used for power it could also be used as a giant galactic billboard to let species know that they are there.

What do you think? Aliens or nah?

i hope soso much!!!!!

Invalid
10-19-2015, 11:24 PM

sorry i saw the opportunity and i had to take it

|ThyLuigi|
10-20-2015, 03:26 AM
How would you even make a dyson sphere?

Once you set the pieces into space, they'd be pulled onto the star.

Blitzkrieg
10-20-2015, 05:34 AM
How would you even make a dyson sphere?

Once you set the pieces into space, they'd be pulled onto the star.

Unless if you let the sphere fall past the sun.
Sounds like science fiction? It isn't. All of the space stations are in orbit (falling past the eart) and even the moon is falling past the earth.

But the amking of the sphere would be a big challenge because of the enormous size.

XXKINGXX
10-20-2015, 06:03 AM
Woahhhh english dude

inkorrect
10-20-2015, 06:30 AM
illuminati is taking over the world omg dank memes insert xfiles music pls omg danker memer
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/20140728/5079552/360-no-scope-by-mlg-pro-o.gif

i enjoeyed that meme thanks m9

Pestic
10-20-2015, 09:41 AM
I know! its a alienah

Updated
10-20-2015, 09:52 AM
someone post a photo of that giorgio guy

Hans
10-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Humans can not yet make a dyson sphere though we might be able to make a massive sail which could be folded up and when spread out be able to block a fair amount of light.

Even while studying space, I've never actually focused on about Dyson spheres or alien life. I was more of interested with the natures of dark energy, light rays travelling, mass and more particularly strong gravitational lensing. But it seems like I would put that aside for now for this KIC 8462.

'Tis obvious that us, humans, are yet to create a Dyson Sphere. But I wonder where will we put it up. The sun?

Blitzkrieg
10-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Even while studying space, I've never actually focused on about Dyson spheres or alien life. I was more of interested with the natures of dark energy, light rays travelling, mass and more particularly strong gravitational lensing. But it seems like I would put that aside for now for this KIC 8462.

'Tis obvious that us, humans, are yet to create a Dyson Sphere. But I wonder where will we put it up. The sun?

Where else than the sun?

Alpha Centauri is 4.3 lightyears away which would be impossible to reach with the current technology.
I wonder the side effects of earth life if a fair amount of sun gets blocked.

Hans
10-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Where else than the sun?

Alpha Centauri is 4.3 lightyears away which would be impossible to reach with the current technology.
I wonder the side effects of earth life if a fair amount of sun gets blocked.

That's the point. What would happen since the Sun would get some amount of it's light blocked? Sun isn't really the best choice, Alpha Centauri isn't really the best choice, too. Soo.. No more Dyson sphere!

|ThyLuigi|
10-22-2015, 10:21 PM
That's the point. What would happen since the Sun would get some amount of it's light blocked? Sun isn't really the best choice, Alpha Centauri isn't really the best choice, too. Soo.. No more Dyson sphere!

Elaborate on why Alpha Centauric wouldn't be good?
After all, if we could make a dyson sphere, we shoukd be able to travel a few light years.