PDA

View Full Version : Non-fluent English players of Gt

Elusive
10-19-2015, 08:46 AM
I find it hilarious when i try to talk to players with almost no English, not because of their grammar or anything like that. Like I'm in this world where i have a huge lock over the white door but there's another huge lock in the world. And I wanted to lock the world so i told the other huge lock owner to come, he came but he was korean and when i tried to explain to him i wanted to pay him to break his lock but he didn't understand. I was like "I pay you 5wls first, then you break, then i pay you the rest after." He just left because he probably was frustrated and thought i was going to lie or scam.

Ughh and i have so many friends in Growtopia that aren't fluent in English, it annoys me so much when they don't understand a phrase that i want to say.
How do you guys deal with players like this, having to break down everything you say into simpler sentences.

BioTestificate
10-19-2015, 08:58 AM
*trying to explain what a splash is*

Someone in /beta asks me how to fish, and...that scenario.

Elusive
10-19-2015, 09:06 AM
*trying to explain what a splash is*

Someone in /beta asks me how to fish, and...that scenario.

"When the water goes *plop plop!*" X'D

thegamer381
10-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Or when they just spam you random words, this one guy kept saying the same word over and over, probably an expletive...

Sky123456789
10-19-2015, 09:44 AM
What? Badumtss

Luve is the thing done?I tried messaging u...

OLiVERi
10-19-2015, 09:51 AM
tard donat plz fre wlsx hrlp me i, csnt mskr wos oj trde mw fir msnt diryd thssnjs

Indicative
10-19-2015, 09:57 AM
tard donat plz fre wlsx hrlp me i, csnt mskr wos oj trde mw fir msnt diryd thssnjs

Translation for anyone who is curious:

Trade donate please free wls help me I, cant make wls or trade for dirt.

Robert Petrov
10-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Well, Growtopia is ment for everyone among the world.It's okay if someone coudn't speak in full English.For example: My mothertoungue isn't English..My Mothertongue is an Estonian.I have just special school in Estonia, which allows me to learn English from the first grade.Currently I'm in sixth grade.Ordinarlily in our country people are starting to learn English from third grade, and slowly.
Accept that, some people just don't talk English, be proud that you're the one who can speak English.

Carlo Miguel Velasco
10-19-2015, 10:07 AM
I find it hilarious when i try to talk to players with almost no English, not because of their grammar or anything like that. Like I'm in this world where i have a huge lock over the white door but there's another huge lock in the world. And I wanted to lock the world so i told the other huge lock owner to come, he came but he was korean and when i tried to explain to him i wanted to pay him to break his lock but he didn't understand. I was like "I pay you 5wls first, then you break, then i pay you the rest after." He just left because he probably was frustrated and thought i was going to lie or scam.

Ughh and i have so many friends in Growtopia that aren't fluent in English, it annoys me so much when they don't understand a phrase that i want to say.
How do you guys deal with players like this, having to break down everything you say into simpler sentences.

You're being racist for pointing out that the person is Korean.
Go learn to post in the right sub-sub forum. 1 year of experience in the forums and this is what you know? Pity.

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
I would've used Google Translate. lol

1. No, he isn't. He was simply stating his nationality. He didn't say anything bad about Korea and the people from there. Stating where a person came from ≠ Being racist.

Elusive
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Go learn to post in the right sub-sub forum. 1 year of experience in the forums and this is what you know? Pity.

Originally the thread title was supposed to be "Non-Fluent English People" and in the thread i was going to talk about how it's funny how my accent entirely changes. Then as i was typing everything changed and got Growtopia related, i was going to copy and paste everything here onto the Growtopia SubForums but i totally forgot.

And I can see how this can offend some people but that was never my intent, I said it was funny on my part.

- - - Updated - - -

This just adds more to the irony! Now nonfluent people will misunderstandingly reading this and think I'm making fun of them. Just watch as this thread gets closed. I can understand.

ElectroDream
10-19-2015, 11:13 AM
In fact, I know a lot of them. I'd usually translate it to Bahasa Indonesia since i've had a lot of this case (when they're indo and not fluent in English) or I would say it in a 5-year-old way.

Example:
"You punch this, 5 wls" instead of explaining in-depth.