PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye old forums.

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Latest edit: October 29th, 2015.

Not even sure why some people are down-voting the thread, I'm speaking the truth!

Get ready for a wall of text my fellow Growtopians, today I'll be saying things not many have had the courage to say before.

Hello all you new forumers. Those of you that have joined after November 30th will never truly experience the greatness of the forums. Times are changing, and they're changing fast. Here's some of the things you missed out on:

No post cool-downs (APPARENTLY THIS JUST GOT FIXED?! HECK YEAH)
No private message cooldowns
No thread posting cool-downs
Being able to have civil and chilled debates
A much more care-free environment
A time that (mostly) everybody cared and worked together in this community
Being able to just hang out and enjoy yourself

I could list off at least 20 more things, but I just wrote what came to mind first. These days the forums are so strict that you can even get punished for telling someone to "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread." Things used to be in a much more chill environment, and it used to be a privilege and an honor to be a forumer. Forumers were highly respected in-game as well, but that started to come to a halt around the later quarter of 2013.

I cared and hoped for the best for this community, but things are going downhill and they're going pretty fast. I actually hoped to become a moderator one day to be able to actually make a reasonable sized difference, although this never was my main goal I always thought that if I was just myself and actually tried to make a difference as a normal player that one day becoming a moderator was at least somewhat of a possibility. If you thought the same way, well think again. I've actually been referred to a time or two by moderators and I've been checked out by authority. According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else." Kinda heart breaking really. One of the very developers of our game think that we are just all sheep. :sweatdrop:

Yes, I do get that most people these days are cold-hearted jerks, but not everybody is. You can't rule out 99% of your own population that easily. You can't base a person on a society, nor can you base a society on a person. Yes, the moderators are unique but there are others out there who are just as unique! Not everybody in this community is a sheep.

Full Hamumu quote

If it will make less people ask to be mods, then yes, even the slightest offense EVER means you can't be a mod. Also, if your hair is blonde, or you are between 5'4" and 5'6" tall. What this means is everybody just STOP DOING THIS. All you people posting "I know this is risky, but I have to put it out there, I wanna be a mod.": NO. You will not be a mod. None of you will. The next person to be a mod is some random person you've never heard of. The vast vast vast majority of people are completely unsuitable for moderatorship. Have you ever noticed when somebody does get hired as a mod, if it's somebody a bunch of people know, those people are all "I knew it would be you!" That's because it's obvious to anybody who knows them that these people are the ones. Nobody else is like them.

Nobody who ever "just once tried a drop game a year ago to see what it was like" will ever be a mod, not because that's a rule, or because we will find that in the logs (we don't look that far back!), but because you aren't the kind of person who can do the job.

I hate to be so blunt, but the people we are looking for are not people like you (you meaning 99% of those reading this post right now). Look at the people who are mods. They don't act like ANY of you, and it's not because they are mods. They didn't act like you guys do before they were mods either. They were kind people, who went around answering other peoples' questions (and NOT posting "Hey, if you have a question, come ask me!" to try to become a mod), who would just spontaneously assist some kid who was struggling to figure out the basics when they saw them struggling, . They were people who pointed out the rules to others without being prompted, just to help. They were people who assisted those being bullied via PM or other things. When we do a log search of a potential moderator, the ones who become mods seriously DO have logs that read like this:

person> how'd you get those crystal wings?
10 other people> NOOB NOOB SHUTUP U SUK NOOB
mod-to-be> /msg person you have to make crystals to make the wings. Come to my world CRYSTALFARM and I'll show you how they work

^ out of the blue, without anybody asking, just because mod-to-be likes doing this. They get a kick out of seeing someone else having a better situation because of them.

When we check the logs, it takes about 2 minutes to see somebody is mod material, because everything they do is like this. They're always looking out for others and being fun, friendly, and helpful to everyone they meet. We look for more than 2 minutes, since we want to see if there are any nasty surprises hiding in there, but we never find them if that first glance looks like the above.

Those people are very rare, and they are not like you (or me! I keep to myself and rarely help others because I don't want to interact with people too much). The people we hire as mods, with a few unfortunate exceptions we took a chance on who ended up getting fired in the end, are amazing people. You are lucky to get to know them, and I feel proud that we have this opportunity to put them in a position where people can look up to them and see what being kind in an online game is, since that's something you never see!

I really hate the obsessive superstar status that everybody applies to the mods, and I wish they could do their job quietly and peacefully (I know most of them do as well), but on the other hand, these really are incredible people, and if you're going to worship somebody, this is certainly a better choice than Justin Bieber or whoever. They are worthwhile role models! If you're gonna obsess about somebody, I guess our mods are a good choice. But I wish you wouldn't.

Hopefully, I've brought some insight to this issue and cooled a little of the "I wanna be a mod" talk, because if you're talking that talk, you're wasting your time. I try to be as open as I can about this process, but it's very hard to explain how you can see someone and instantly know that they are a totally different kind of person. That's just how it is. There are lots of other people who might do just fine as moderators, but like I said, we've taken chances before and they haven't gone well (and even resulted in some players losing worlds or items because of truly bad moderating), so we don't take chances. We only take the best of the best. Far better to have too few mods (which we do) than to have a single bad mod.

ALSO, I'd like to give a response to what Hamumu said about "all the moderators have been someone you never heard of." What about JakeShore, what about Zfert, what about JesusSheep, what about other well-known forumers like Morphieus, Aimster, INightmareI, LOKSTER. You can't say that every single moderator will be someone you've never heard of.

And the funny thing is, you'd think that people who are actually willing to do the job correctly and are enthusiastic about it (obviously with proof that they deserve it) would have a better chance overall. It's just like going to a job interview, you've got to show them you WANT and can DO the job both equally at the same time! However, they want us to stay quiet about it and pretend like we don't care whatsoever.

Anyways, the community has been growing massively lately and we've been getting sent heaping piles of new forumers and players. But with a bigger community comes stricter rules. Pretty soon the "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" won't be the most questionable thing that authority has punished someone for. But then again I do see where they are coming from, and things do have to get stricter. However, I feel like authority treats every last one of us as sheep-like children.

Kudos to the mods, they're doing a good job. I just think things are getting way too strict and wacky around here. For instance, earlier today NeoSlayer's thread that was NOT meant to cause drama (even AV8R said so) got closed because the replies were causing drama. Why couldn't he just delete the replies, why delete his thread? Also, links being removed just because they contain a video with hacks and such in them? Really? I get that kids can't control themselves and may end up downloading it... but wow.

You all know the facts that are public, that's all you need to know. If you want to discuss motives and conspiracy theories, there is an entire almost-infinite internet on which you can do that, but you can't do it here.

I love how we always get left out of things. We never get to hear the full truth on almost anything. I get that it's not really our business, but come on. In the thread Hamumu was stating this on, I suggested there was an alternate motive behind the suspect, but the thread was closed because we were basically asking why he would do such a thing. Is it wrong to study things for ourselves? Are we really just being treated as sheep like this?

Don't just lurk in the shadows guys, I want to hear YOUR thoughts. OH, and about the new forum layout, it's nice... but it just doesn't feel like the forums anymore. On that note being said, welcome to the new age of this community. For better or for worse...

TL;DR :

The once golden forums are now going downhill at an insane rate. Nobody cares about what older forumers have to say anymore. We're basically all sheep/just like everyone else in the eyes of authority.

Magicalfishy, this is all so right. I almost disregarded the reason I liked you: you can display your true colors when it is time to.

Speak of the hypocrisy of appreciation — the vacuous vanity that is such a detriment to the facade — which is simply an fallacious accolade to the players. False freedoms, as previously mentioned, are the basis of this forum's rules. The developers want our opinion; when it is expressed in a manner not stringently coherent with the obscured definition of civil, it is void. Epiphany — have one — why elect representatives if all they do is dupe the voters into believing them? Why ask for the opinion of anyone but the hierarchy if statistics and percentages mean nothing in contribution to expedite the process of change? It makes no sense.

New forumers are the pseudo-elite that for whatever reason, believes their own lies in that they claim to have an account over eight hundred days and "lurked" on the forums for two years for some suspicious reason. If they want to become a comrade of such a prestigious tier worthy not of laud, but of recognition in the slightest degree; let them. When reminiscing trips galvanize due to a topic on a thread, and after the "I remember that" (a fallacy that provides no contextual benefit), there will come the time in which everybody admits to drop trading in the early times without a trade system, they will coincidentally repudiate any affiliation with older times. Contradicting fallacies — irony at its finest. New forumers are either pseudo-intellects or liars, just as they call us blind and ignorant.

Moderators are currently doing well for a synergistic, one-minded body that cannot accept critique without it being slander or heresy. All moderators are the same: clones that will spout anything the tier above them programs them to, with such contrivance as well. Though, I cannot lie, the overzealous attitude of these moderators on power trips would be efficient if one is alluding to punishment count. The unjust punishment count to just punishment count is simply a personal belief, but the number is not one presented with joy. I would much rather see questionable, inconspicuous activity occurring than borderline being assumed out of bounds. Though, I digress, the problem I have is with the rules themselves. Freedoms have been limited throughout the past year, which I was preaching to seem opaque from the initialization. Civil is hardly what it should mean. I remember when I could discuss Anfinity losing a flame saber every week, and not get scolded for committing to such conversations. Guess what happens when one posts anything remotely and nebulously alluding to not even a name, but the transpiration of a series of events. I will answer that: punishment. There is no leniency.

I have been in this game since sometime in mid-August of 2013. One cannot pull anything over my eyes, players even older double that. We understand how this works, and it is not functioning properly. On a side note, I will copy this response just in case a moderator would feel the need to remove this thread from existence.

Also, I am typing this while listening to Ocean Eyes. Be happy, Fishy.

michaelhans10
10-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Hello all you new forumers. Those of you that have joined after November 30th will never truly experience the greatness of the forums. Times are changing, and they're changing fast. Here's some of the things you missed out on:

No post cool-downs

I could list off at least 20 more things, but I just wrote what came to mind first. These days the forums are so strict that you can even get punished for telling someone to "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread." Things used to be in a much more chill environment, and it used to be a privilege and an honor to be a forumer. Forumers were highly respected in-game as well, but that started to come to a halt around the later quarter of 2013.

These days older forumers are treated just like everybody else, and even though they've been here the longest and actually know things better than the newer players, they are constantly corrected and challenged by new players/forumers. Yeah, what I'm saying may seem biased due to me being both an old player and forumer, but honestly just do some looking around. The proof is in plain sight. Nobody cares what we have to say anymore, we're just old rotting fools in their eyes.

I actually have cared and hoped for the best for this community, but things are going downhill and they're going pretty fast. I actually hoped to become a moderator one day to be able to actually make a reasonable sized difference, although this never was my main goal I always thought that if I was just myself and actually tried to make a difference as a normal player that one day becoming a moderator was at least somewhat of a possibility. If you thought the same way, well think again. I've actually been referred to a time or two by moderators and I've been checked out by authority. According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else." Kinda heart breaking really. One of the very developers of our game think that we are just all sheep. :sweatdrop:

Anyways, the community has been growing massively lately and we've been getting sent heaping piles of new forumers and players. But with a bigger community comes stricter rules. Pretty soon the "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" won't be the most questionable thing that authority has punished someone for. But then again I do see where they are coming from, and things do have to get stricter. However, I feel like authority treats every last one of us as sheep-like children.

Kudos to the mods, they're doing a good job. I just think things are getting way too strict and wacky around here. Don't just lurk in the shadows guys, I want to hear YOUR thoughts. OH, and about the new forum layout, it's nice... but it just doesn't feel like the forums anymore. On that note being said, welcome to the new age of this community. For better or for worse...

TL;DR :

The once golden forums are now going downhill at an insane rate. Nobody cares about what older forumers have to say anymore. We're basically all sheep/just like everyone else in the eyes of authority.

I just realised this is my first year in forum! But i miss old forum, but new one are cool too

XDCorez
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
They challenge, we pick a fight

lololololololololololololol
And I also forgot, I've been here for like 6 months. Time passes.

Edwardson97
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
True, the old RTSoft Forum was good before they updated the layout. Sadly everything is going to change eventually. That's a lot of history of growtopia in the used to be drama section, they are moving around, deleting, etc... :hug:

XDCorez
10-19-2015, 12:49 PM
True, the old RTSoft Forum was good before they updated the layout. Sadly everything is going to change eventually. That's a lot of history of growtopia in the used to be drama section, they are moving around, deleting, etc... :hug:

It's pretty ironic that they don't change posting timer even after the spammers are gone.

LOGIC ADMINS, LOGIIICCCCCCC

Mahmoud
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Eh I miss those old days, where we ran from the game to the forums to have fun but now I dont feel the same eh GT is dead to me now I only play for my friends or to see new items or finish old goals I never finished.

Pestic
10-19-2015, 12:50 PM
I really missed old forums back is 2013-2014. easier and not so complicated as this new one

If you are wondering why I joned in 2015but get forums in 2013 this is my sec acc
My first acc was using my mom’s facebook so I changed to dis.
type pestic inAdvanced search and there will be a former called Song jas, the first post on the marketplace is proof that that’s my acc I stated inside I got banned etc. i joined dec 2013

ok thks u just wasted ur time reading that

Indicative
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM
I can't understand the reason why they increased the post cool-down from 60 seconds become 120 seconds. I don't want to sound like a spammer but if they want the forumers to make a better post with more content and decent grammar, it's just wrong because forum is supposed to be like what you said, being able to just hang out and enjoy yourself but STILL follow the forum rules and answer the question from the Original Poster.

If the problem is about spam, they should just increase the thread cool-down become 10 minutes or so. To be honest, this cool-down sometimes benefit me because it forces me to make a better reply but you know, sometimes we just want to chill, especially in tavern where most of the threads topics are random.

:whistling:

Joshcat
10-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Man, I wish I could've been there. A community where almost everyone was friendly and caring... but oh well. People change, especially kids nowadays... I really worry about them (no joke). At least I could just experience just a touch of it back in March 2014, when I was stalking the forums with no account.

I guess, we just have to get used to in and try to work with it. But I do wish I could see that community, let alone be in it.

syrup
10-19-2015, 01:14 PM
old forumers are stupid!! :confused::prophet::confused::prophet:

go do taxes!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hans
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
They lack something, we lack something. They have no rights to make us follow, and we have no rights to make them follow. Take a thought that they're no more special than us. In fact, we are not even that special. Same case with them.

Keep acting like they're not who they are, I'd like to see more of the open, yet close-minded cautions everyone will take. Personally, I'd like to make an essay with all those words that everybody hates because they don't understand it, but I'm tired with all your mind-sets. Chill now, chill forever. I'm leavin'.

PS: I well assume that they're happy because the "disgusting lies, arguments, etc etc." (~Hamumu) are now leaving their place.

GTLighty
10-19-2015, 02:45 PM
I loved the forums long ago. I'd always read the drama's and everyone was so communized and were really great people.

Forums long ago: Friends, community, drama (not to harsh), fun, ideas, and just having a nice time with each other.
Forums now: Mini-mods, strict rules, people just triyna' jump in and act like they know the place, less logical responses, barely any drama that doesn't include 'omg he skem me'. Boring.

I really wish I could bring the old forums back.

BioTestificate
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
............||..............
..........---+---...........
........___//.\___..........
......//..........\.........
.....||....RIP.....|........
.....||..IN PEACE..|........
.....||............|........
.....||.OLD FORUMS.|........
.....||............|........
.....|/MW/WM/MW/WM/MWWWM\...
...../MW/WM/MW/WM/MWMMMWM\..
.....---------------------\.
I'll never get tired posting this whenever this topic gets revived.
[Should I update the art?]

mokky
10-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Pretty true about the being too strict part.

I got a infraction for saying 2u=w

Well I made a thread but.

Isint it true?

Dodo Wizard
10-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I've noticed a lot of new people around the forums lately, and that's only in the Tavern, I don't even use the other parts.
Some of them are cool, some them are just spammers, rude people, and idiots (Not specifically directed at anybody, just don't be stupid :P).

So yeah.

Bruce Wayne
10-19-2015, 04:36 PM
I just sit here and try to find interesting topics in the Tavern, I used to just stalk the Drama sub forum, but.... well, you know.

do I challenge old forumers?

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 07:40 PM
They lack something, we lack something. They have no rights to make us follow, and we have no rights to make them follow. Take a thought that they're no more special than us. In fact, we are not even that special. Same case with them.

Keep acting like they're not who they are, I'd like to see more of the open, yet close-minded cautions everyone will take. Personally, I'd like to make an essay with all those words that everybody hates because they don't understand it, but I'm tired with all your mind-sets. Chill now, chill forever. I'm leavin'.

PS: I well assume that they're happy because the "disgusting lies, arguments, etc etc." (~Hamumu) are now leaving their place.

Who are you aiming your points at?

Brys
10-19-2015, 07:52 PM
The good ol days.

Liammagoo
10-19-2015, 08:01 PM
No, I'm sorry, this is bias. Yes, this forum is turning into utter garbage, but from the entire time I've been here, I don't recall much civilised debates around. I mean, we had people like MEGAMOON, TK69, Angrox, PartyHarder and CrimsonEagle all causing some pretty toasty drama, and there was a fair share of stupidity around the 'olden days' also. Maybe it was 'better', but in my opinion it never was 'golden'.

Tl;dr
This forum is doomed because barley anybody can drag their weight around, and the staff are becoming far too strict where it's not necessary and making the wrong choices (Making the forums more 'tidy' to stop stars in the wrong sub-forums).

just one growtopian
10-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Well, i don't know about others but i have always been watching up to the oldies, they have always been some kind of role models to me. I have always respected them very much. I remember when i felt proud of being part of the growtopia forum community. It just doesn't feel the same anymore. I know i've been here only a year or so but i really do miss the old good forumer meetups and other cool events. The community has grown pretty big and many oldies are quitting. I just wish things would be what they were when i joined. Back then people were joking around and having fun, now theres only pretty serious threads out there.

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 08:03 PM
No, I'm sorry, this is bias. Yes, this forum is turning into utter garbage, but from the entire time I've been here, I don't recall much civilised debates around. I mean, we had people like MEGAMOON, TK69, Angrox, PartyHarder and CrimsonEagle all causing some pretty toasty drama, and there was a fair share of stupidity around the 'olden days' also. Maybe it was 'better', but in my opinion it never was 'golden'.

Tl;dr
This forum is doomed because barley anybody can drag their weight around, and the staff are becoming far too strict where it's not necessary and making the wrong choices (Making the forums more 'tidy' to stop stars in the wrong sub-forums).

Well, I mean within the very first few months we actually had some pretty solid/chill debates. Yes though, those people did create some heat. What I initially meant while thinking up this post though was that people these days cannot handle drama, people back then much better could. People these days get offended so easily, or they create a huge mess that they can no longer control.

Rockytop
10-19-2015, 08:23 PM
"go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread"
Never say that unless you want an infraction.

I said that and Sampai noticed me, but not in a good way. ¬_¬

Things have really gotten strict...
and ridiculous these days on the forums.

But I'm still hanging in there. :sweatdrop:

Sk8ter
10-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Although I am a new forumer, I never once thought of you "old forumers" as rotting old fools. Sure, maybe some new forumers challenge you, but who says that has never happened before? Have you considered the possibility that they just don't agree with your opinion the topic?

So what if the forums changed a little, it's all part of growth. Growth is supposed to be new, it's full of different people and experiences. However, for some of you, growth is bad because it's not like "old times". No one is expecting you to like it, but you're going to have to deal with it.

In regards to the stricter policies and rules, it's all necessary. Do you know how many people abuse their power on the forums? I'm sure Solorien or whoever had good intentions when they changed the forums. If you think about it, these stricter rules reflect on how forumers have been behaving. Bad behavior= heavier punishments. You've got to consider it from the developer's point of view, maybe it seemed like we needed these changes.

Anyway, I guess you don't have to listen to me since I'm a new forumer. You don't even have to consider my post "worthy of reading". Just know that every game forum goes through this change.

bigjohn
10-19-2015, 08:37 PM
If Shikaru joined today, could he make the type of posts he's (was) known for? Could we discuss the Angrox dilemma?

raqk
10-19-2015, 08:40 PM
According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else."

This part makes me laugh... A lot of the moderators aren't unique either... They are selected because they are the same as the developers...

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Why is it bad if older forumers gets corrected and challenged by newer forumers? So will it be okay if newer forumers gets corrected and challenged by older forumers? Don't you think that's unfair? I also think you're a bit overreacting. I mean, it's not like older forumers are being treated that poorly.

I also don't think that the forums are getting more strict, it's just that more forumers are breaking the rules and are whining since they can't accept the fact that they did something wrong and they're just really hard-headed. However, I won't deny the fact that some infractions were unworthy.

Though, I'd have to agree that what Hamumu said was pretty harsh. I got a bit offended with what he said (and I'm not even that sensitive when it comes to stuff like that).

Christopher
10-19-2015, 08:54 PM
I agree /yes

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Why is it bad if older forumers gets corrected and challenged by newer forumers? So will it be okay if newer forumers gets corrected and challenged by older forumers? Don't you think that's unfair? I also think you're a bit overreacting. I mean, it's not like older forumers are being treated that poorly.

I also don't think that the forums are getting more strict, it's just that more forumers are breaking the rules and are whining since they can't accept the fact that they did something wrong and they're just really hard-headed. However, I won't deny the fact that some infractions were unworthy.

Though, I'd have to agree that what Hamumu said was pretty harsh. I got a bit offended with what he said (and I'm not even that sensitive when it comes to stuff like that).

Well, I meant when the older forumers are right and when the corrections/challanges by new forumers are wrong.

I would also say most infractions.

According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else."

This part makes me laugh... A lot of the moderators aren't unique either... They are selected because they are the same as the developers...

Basically nobody is allowed to speak for themselves anyways. Kinda sad really... I feel like anyone who truly is themself that they lose every last chance to become a moderator.

Aram Sevag
10-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, there isn't really anything to discuss nowadays, as the point of this game is about getting rich rather than having fun and being rewarded for it. The proof is that in the past, people used to get their fame based on their actions and not their wealth. Also, their dictatorship policy on the forums is causing a lot of trouble to us. What the game lacks is pretty much true communication between the players and the developers. By real, I mean talking honestly without being like "OMG OMG OMG OMG DEVELOPER OMG WAND PLZ"

They are selected because they are the same as the developers...

Rectification: they have the potential to be assimilated to their mentality, which is "we are right, you are wrong."

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Well, I meant when the older forumers are right and when the corrections/challanges by new forumers are wrong.

I would also say most infractions.

Okay, but I think the reason why they do that doesn't have anything to do with join dates. But that's just me.

Can you give me some examples of some infractions that were unworthy?

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Although I am a new forumer, I never once thought of you "old forumers" as rotting old fools. Sure, maybe some new forumers challenge you, but who says that has never happened before? Have you considered the possibility that they just don't agree with your opinion the topic?

What I meant was that they constantly go after and challenge older forumers on points in ways which the newer forumers are actually wrong. Correcting someone when they are wrong is fine, in fact it's very useful, but correcting someone when they are right is downright pathetic.

So what if the forums changed a little, it's all part of growth. Growth is supposed to be new, it's full of different people and experiences. However, for some of you, growth is bad because it's not like "old times". No one is expecting you to like it, but you're going to have to deal with it.

The forums have changes A LOT. If you were here to experience it you would definitely wish to go back, but yes you are correct. I've already accepted the fact that we have to deal with it... it's the sad truth.

In regards to the stricter policies and rules, it's all necessary. Do you know how many people abuse their power on the forums? I'm sure Solorien or whoever had good intentions when they changed the forums. If you think about it, these stricter rules reflect on how forumers have been behaving. Bad behavior= heavier punishments. You've got to consider it from the developer's point of view, maybe it seemed like we needed these changes.

Yes, as I stated strictness is most definitely needed. However, being punished for saying something completely unoffensive, having a signature that is "too big," posting messages from banned players, etc is pretty sad.

Anyway, I guess you don't have to listen to me since I'm a new forumer. You don't even have to consider my post "worthy of reading". Just know that every game forum goes through this change.

No no no, you're very great at sentence structure and bringing your points across. I like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, but I think the reason why they do that doesn't have anything to do with join dates. But that's just me.

Can you give me some examples of some infractions that were unworthy?

Old players have a much deeper knowledge of the game > new players have a very little understanding of the game.

Well... maybe I take back saying most but there have been many instances like the "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread." I'm sure we could find a couple if we dug deep enough.

Bruce Wayne
10-19-2015, 09:31 PM
We could just get over it and see if the devs or Solo listen. I have an image:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2cicqq0.jpg

But, us fussing about it won't help at all..

Areodax
10-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Life changes, nothin is permanent.

But I hate this change.

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Old players have a much deeper knowledge of the game > new players have a very little understanding of the game.

Well... maybe I take back saying most but there have been many instances like the "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread." I'm sure we could find a couple if we dug deep enough.

But in the forum, being new doesn't mean you have a little experience of the game. However, if we're talking about new forumers correcting older forumers about the forums, then I just think that's ridiculous if they are really wrong. Sometimes, the new forumers are the right ones instead of the old ones.

Honestly, I think that the "Go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" was infraction worthy. It was infraction worthy because it is rude if you say it to someone, it may be funny, but it's rude and you will be offended if you were the one on the receiving end. It only becomes unworthy if the forumers that were saying it were only joking and said it with no ill-intent or whatsoever.

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 09:54 PM
But in the forum, being new doesn't mean you have a little experience of the game. However, if we're talking about new forumers correcting older forumers about the forums, then I just think that's ridiculous if they are really wrong. Sometimes, the new forumers are the right ones instead of the old ones.

Honestly, I think that the "Go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" was infraction worthy. It was infraction worthy because it is rude if you say it to someone, it may be funny, but it's rude and you will be offended if you were the one on the receiving end. It only becomes unworthy if the forumers that were saying it were only joking and said it with no ill-intent or whatsoever.

I don't think you can possibly say "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" seriously. :sweatdrop:

PURPLE585
10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
seniority pls

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 09:57 PM
seniority pls

I didn't mean it like that. :panic:

http://vh1.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:vh1.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/lyingmain1-1442349005.gif

Hercule
10-19-2015, 09:57 PM
I dont use forums anymore, there's nothing to be done in here, no fun discussions, civil debates and such, I truly miss the old one.

But meh, it ain't affecting me, I won't be using forums much and will only be watching, Goodluck everyone.

PURPLE585
10-19-2015, 09:58 PM
I didn't mean it like that. :panic:

http://vh1.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:vh1.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/lyingmain1-1442349005.gif

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/N2ECY5mLjpXt6-hsumxBQy9rVFo=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3536260/mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.0.jpg

PolarisHD
10-19-2015, 10:00 PM
I don't think you can possibly say "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread" seriously. :sweatdrop:

I agree, however, you can use it as an insult which makes it infraction worthy.

Areodax
10-19-2015, 10:01 PM
If it ain't changing back anymore, we might as well adapt or quit.

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 10:03 PM
If it ain't changing back anymore, we might as well adapt or quit.

Or we can be the cool old dudes chillin' in our tavern drinking too much rootbeer. :crazy:

Areodax
10-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Or we can be the cool old dudes chillin' in our tavern drinking too much rootbeer. :crazy:

I do like drifting around in 4chan, I know it's kinda unsightly, but it's fun, I guess.

And I like coffee.

Aquarious
10-19-2015, 10:26 PM
I miss the old times too.

Good old forumer meetup days in FORUMFUN... Everyone knew you and you knew everyone else!
There was such a relaxing sense of community before, but now I feel like that's been gone since the past year or two.
All these new faces around of people I don't know; it's not bad or anything, in fact it's amazing to see how much this game has grown! But remembering all those wonderful things and knowing you'll never get to experience that again, that's life. People move on, we get left behind, and newcomers will arrive and make their own spot in this world.
Things change, and even if we don't like those changes- we need to learn to let things go and work with what we have.

Some of these new changes, I can't say that I agree with many of them and it's sad that the newer players won't get to enjoy what we did before. We can only keep holding on to our memories and move on, complaining won't do us or anyone any good.

PvP4MC
10-19-2015, 10:36 PM
When Growtopia first came out. No one had a world lock... It was the rarest thing ever. *Good times*

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 10:49 PM
I miss the old times too.

Good old forumer meetup days in FORUMFUN... Everyone knew you and you knew everyone else!
There was such a relaxing sense of community before, but now I feel like that's been gone since the past year or two.
All these new faces around of people I don't know; it's not bad or anything, in fact it's amazing to see how much this game has grown! But remembering all those wonderful things and knowing you'll never get to experience that again, that's life. People move on, we get left behind, and newcomers will arrive and make their own spot in this world.
Things change, and even if we don't like those changes- we need to learn to let things go and work with what we have.

Some of these new changes, I can't say that I agree with many of them and it's sad that the newer players won't get to enjoy what we did before. We can only keep holding on to our memories and move on, complaining won't do us or anyone any good.

I agree with everything except for the complaining part... even though deep down I know it will accomplish nothing. I feel so tired of the community (and I) getting pushed around so easily like this, it's just disgusting and I will not stand for it. While authority may stand for authority, I will stand for the people and I.

PvP4MC
10-19-2015, 10:51 PM
I agree with everything except for the complaining part... even though deep down I know it will accomplish nothing. I feel so tired of the community (and I) getting pushed around so easily like this, it's just disgusting and I will not stand for it.

Meaningful, I like how you spend a lot of time and thought into your posts!! :)

:prophet:

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 10:54 PM
Meaningful, I like how you spend a lot of time and thought into your posts!! :)

:prophet:

Haha, thank you. I actually wrote this at 7am between my shower and work, so this was honestly a breeze. :sweatdrop:

Aquarious
10-19-2015, 10:57 PM
I agree with everything except for the complaining part... even though deep down I know it will accomplish nothing. I feel so tired of the community (and I) getting pushed around so easily like this, it's just disgusting and I will not stand for it.

People will be jerks to you regardless of join-date or knowledge, and they've been present since early times as well.

Myself, I haven't witnessed any players getting pushed around lately (or it may be because of my absence here or just not being in the right spot) but if they are- just wait for one of the mods (or mini-mods) to slap them with one of their fancy new rule books.

Rockytop
10-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Haha, thank you. I actually wrote this at 7am between my shower and work, so this was honestly a breeze. :sweatdrop:

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

Magicalfishy
10-19-2015, 11:19 PM
People will be jerks to you regardless of join-date or knowledge, and they've been present since early times as well.

Myself, I haven't witnessed any players getting pushed around lately (or it may be because of my absence here or just not being in the right spot) but if they are- just wait for one of the mods (or mini-mods) to slap them with one of their fancy new rule books.

Yes, however I was just talking about the challenging of game/forum aspects by new users towards old users.

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

Hahahaha.... ;-; No.

|ThyLuigi|
10-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Uggggggggg.

I should've joined the forums in 2013. ;-;

Magicalfishy
10-20-2015, 01:15 AM
Uggggggggg.

I should've joined the forums in 2013. ;-;

I regret just surfing the forums for the first month and a half. :sweatdrop:

JOSHIE63
10-20-2015, 01:58 AM
Magicalfishy, this is all so right. I almost disregarded the reason I liked you: you can display your true colors when it is time to.

Speak of the hypocrisy of appreciation — the vacuous vanity that is such a detriment to the facade — which is simply an fallacious accolade to the players. False freedoms, as previously mentioned, are the basis of this forum's rules. The developers want our opinion; when it is expressed in a manner not stringently coherent with the obscured definition of civil, it is void. Epiphany — have one — why elect representatives if all they do is dupe the voters into believing them? Why ask for the opinion of anyone but the hierarchy if statistics and percentages mean nothing in contribution to expedite the process of change? It makes no sense.

New forumers are the pseudo-elite that for whatever reason, believes their own lies in that they claim to have an account over eight hundred days and "lurked" on the forums for two years for some suspicious reason. If they want to become a comrade of such a prestigious tier worthy not of laud, but of recognition in the slightest degree; let them. When reminiscing trips galvanize due to a topic on a thread, and after the "I remember that" (a fallacy that provides no contextual benefit), there will come the time in which everybody admits to drop trading in the early times without a trade system, they will coincidentally repudiate any affiliation with older times. Contradicting fallacies — irony at its finest. New forumers are either pseudo-intellects or liars, just as they call us blind and ignorant.

Moderators are currently doing well for a synergetic, one-minded body that cannot accept critique without it being slander or heresy. All moderators are the same: clones that will spout anything the tier above them programs them to, with such contrivance as well. Though, I cannot lie, the overzealous attitude of these moderators on power trips would be efficient if one is alluding to punishment count. The unjust punishment count to just punishment count is simply a personal belief, but the number is not one presented with joy. I would much rather see questionable, inconspicuous activity occurring than borderline being assumed out of bounds. Though, I digress, the problem I have is with the rules themselves. Freedoms have been limited throughout the past year, which I was preaching to seem opaque from the initialization. Civil is hardly what it should mean. I remember when I could discuss Anfinity losing a flame saber every week, and not get scolded for committing to such conversations. Guess what happens when one posts anything remotely and nebulously alluding to not even a name, but the transpiration of a series of events. I will answer that: punishment. There is no leniency.

I have been in this game since sometime in mid-August of 2013. One cannot pull anything over my eyes, players even older double that. We understand how this works, and it is not functioning properly. On a side note, I will copy this response just in case a moderator would feel the need to remove this thread from existence.

PannyFlan
10-20-2015, 02:02 AM
I been here for almost 3 years.
Forum gotten boring lately, and ingame is always the same thing.
Ever since school started again, I have been focusing on reality.
Good luck fish! We can still chat on kik like always.
I mght actually quit the game and maybe forum, but we will see soon.

Hans
10-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Who are you aiming your points at?

A lot of people. But I can only think of 2 for now, maybe 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Moderators are currently doing well for a synergetic, one-minded body that cannot accept critique without it being slander or heresy. All moderators are the same: clones that will spout anything the tier above them programs them to, with such contrivance as well. Though, I cannot lie, the overzealous attitude of these moderators on power trips would be efficient if one is alluding to punishment count. The unjust punishment count to just punishment count is simply a personal belief, but the number is not one presented with joy. I would much rather see questionable, inconspicuous activity occurring than borderline being assumed out of bounds. Though, I digress, the problem I have is with the rules themselves. Freedoms have been limited throughout the past year, which I was preaching to seem opaque from the initialization. Civil is hardly what it should mean. I remember when I could discuss Anfinity losing a flame saber every week, and not get scolded for committing to such conversations. Guess what happens when one posts anything remotely and nebulously alluding to not even a name, but the transpiration of a series of events. I will answer that: punishment. There is no leniency.

I think we're forgetting the fact that Hamumu, Solorien and Seth are humans too. Which makes it all worse because at times they act all right. And which makes it absolutely the WORST, since fellow forumers have been acting like Gods too.

This is what's wrong. Our ostentatious fallacies are just utter and feeble attempt to change us as a whole and cause paradox, distortion and disputes between us. We are doing nothing but contradicting our own selves and others.

Brys
10-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Ive had 3 years of my life in this game mostly the forums. Things were fun, great, amazing
until about later 2014. I started foruming when I was 10, now Im a couple days from being 13, and I can't help but notice how downhill this forum is going.

Everyone is so strict they have no many uneccesary rules that mess with the important rules, I agree you need to be more strict when more people join, but quite frankly this is too strict. Im pretty sure Seth and Hamumu look at us old forumers and think "Why are you guye complaining, nothing has changed" but things have changed... A LOT.

misascool
10-20-2015, 12:56 PM
I dont like the forum nowadays..
kinda bored..
some people rude and mean to others..
no fun discussion.. no dramas.. everything feels like a big silent dark room.
I just open the forum to buy or sell something.. idk which sub-sub forum to read.. (to much sub-sub forum make me confused)

PS : I respect all old forumers..

Magicalfishy
10-20-2015, 01:17 PM

I agree completely, and I'm glad I actually understood the entirety of your post. Yipee, I feel special. But yes, freedom is dying quickly over time and even if this thread boils down to nothing at least we actually said something and took a stand. Most people are too scared to take a stand for multiple reasons, but I had the strong urge to post my thoughts (and for the most part thoughts of MANY other forumers) mostly due to the fact of not being able to stand for this, but also because nobody else really has the strength to take a stand. If this thread gets deleted and some of us get punished we will have out true answer. Authority simple does see us as children-like sheep that must be controlled. Do our opinions mean close to nothing if not nothing to them?

Sad to say too, because I honestly have deep respect for Seth and Hamumu. But they honestly have to get their act together.

Disaster
10-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Latest edit: October 20th, 2015.

Get ready for a wall of text my fellow Growtopians, today I'll be saying things not many have the courage to say before.

No post cool-downs

Remember the old saying "respect you elders?" Well disregard it completely here because the newbies are always right! These days older forumers are treated rotting wood. Even though they've been here the longest and actually know things better than the newer players, they are constantly corrected and challenged by new players/forumers. And I'm talking about when new players are wrong, but even then they act like they are right. Most newer persons actually act like they are super old forumers and jazz which really irritates me, especially on the "remember when" threads. Yeah, what I'm saying may seem biased due to me being both an old player and forumer, but honestly just do some looking around. The proof is in plain sight. Nobody cares what we have to say anymore, we're just old rotting fools in their eyes.

I actually have cared and hoped for the best for this community, but things are going downhill and they're going pretty fast. I actually hoped to become a moderator one day to be able to actually make a reasonable sized difference, although this never was my main goal I always thought that if I was just myself and actually tried to make a difference as a normal player that one day becoming a moderator was at least somewhat of a possibility. If you thought the same way, well think again. I've actually been referred to a time or two by moderators and I've been checked out by authority. According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else." Kinda heart breaking really. One of the very developers of our game think that we are just all sheep. :sweatdrop:

Kudos to the mods, they're doing a good job. I just think things are getting way too strict and wacky around here. For instance, earlier today NeoSlayer's thread that was NOT meant to cause drama (even AV8R said so) got closed because the replies were causing drama. Why couldn't he just delete the replies, why delete his thread? Also, links being removed just because they contain a video with hacks and such in them? Really? I get that kids can't control themselves and may end up downloading it... but wow.

Don't just lurk in the shadows guys, I want to hear YOUR thoughts. OH, and about the new forum layout, it's nice... but it just doesn't feel like the forums anymore. On that note being said, welcome to the new age of this community. For better or for worse...

TL;DR :

I agree with you. All of this is true. You are actually one of the few forumers I look up to.

m456
10-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm not a 2013 player, but I was here. I was here when (most) of the things Fishy posted were in that list were true.

Hamumu said that? The person I looked up to, the person who created this amazing game and countless other said that about me, probably you and everyone else in the 99%?

go smell a chicken you piece of bread

I'm pretty sure ZachCotton started that. Heh heh...

OH, and about the new forum layout, it's nice... but it just doesn't feel like the forums anymore.

I preferred that layout. It feels like... it feels wrong.

When I first began playing Growtopia, I loved it. I said to myself "I'm going to be a member of this amazing community until everyone is gone.". When I first joined the forums, I met a lot of people. Now, most of them have quit, or are just lurking around, not posting much. It doesn't feel right without them... I'm going to leave when all of the people I met when I joined are gone, and feels like it's going to happen soon.

WindyLink560
10-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Latest edit: October 20th, 2015.

Get ready for a wall of text my fellow Growtopians, today I'll be saying things not many have the courage to say before.

No post cool-downs

Remember the old saying "respect you elders?" Well disregard it completely here because the newbies are always right! These days older forumers are treated rotting wood. Even though they've been here the longest and actually know things better than the newer players, they are constantly corrected and challenged by new players/forumers. And I'm talking about when new players are wrong, but even then they act like they are right. Most newer persons actually act like they are super old forumers and jazz which really irritates me, especially on the "remember when" threads. Yeah, what I'm saying may seem biased due to me being both an old player and forumer, but honestly just do some looking around. The proof is in plain sight. Nobody cares what we have to say anymore, we're just old rotting fools in their eyes.

TL;DR :

http://i.imgur.com/14H1Lzx.gif
. .

BoredSozes
10-20-2015, 04:46 PM
I really dont see the difference between a 2013,2014 or a 2015 player. Being more "senior" by a "year(lmao)" doesnt mean that your opinion is particularly valuable.

Magicalfishy
10-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I really dont see the difference between a 2013,2014 or a 2015 player. Being more "senior" by a "year(lmao)" doesnt mean that your opinion is particularly valuable.

It could also apply you considering you know a bunch about the game. Take into consideration that a player that joined this month told you that to get WOTD you had to get 500 posts on the forums or some jazz. When someone corrects you when you have complete knowledge about the fact, but they are totally wrong is exactly what I'm talking about.

Hamumu said that? The person I looked up to, the person who created this amazing game and countless other said that about me, probably you and everyone else in the 99%?

I hate to be so blunt, but the people we are looking for are not people like you (you meaning 99% of those reading this post right now).

Magicalfishy
10-20-2015, 08:34 PM
I been here for almost 3 years.
Forum gotten boring lately, and ingame is always the same thing.
Ever since school started again, I have been focusing on reality.
Good luck fish! We can still chat on kik like always.
I mght actually quit the game and maybe forum, but we will see soon.

I don't see how one can possibly get bored of a game with unlimited possibilities though. It's good to focus on reality, but you don't have to completely quit. :sweatdrop:

Zoldyck
10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Relevant. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Oldfag)

Huh. Bummer. Guess I'll never be able to experience the golden age of the RTSoft forums. I mean, I would have loved to interact with CrimsonEagle, The 978, Hakma/Protoss/whoever he is now, and y'know, just these really wise and old forumers in general. (Edit: oh and how could I forget Angrox and Wok?) Because I know for a fact that joining the forums in the early-late 2013's means I am entitled to be treated with the utmost respect. But hey, what else can I say? I'm just some new dude who uses the long-forgotten searchbar.

@JOSHIE63 Sigh... Seeing as how I'm relatively new.. I guess I'm just a liar and pseudo-intellectual :(

JOSHIE63
10-21-2015, 02:00 AM

Huh. Bummer. Guess I'll never be able to experience the golden age of the RTSoft forums. I mean, I would have loved to interact with CrimsonEagle, The 978, Hakma/Protoss/whoever he is now, and y'know, just these really wise and old forumers in general. (Edit: oh and how could I forget Angrox and Wok?) Because I know for a fact that joining the forums in the early-late 2013's means I am entitled to be treated with the utmost respect. But hey, what else can I say? I'm just some new dude who uses the long-forgotten searchbar.

@JOSHIE63 Sigh... Seeing as how I'm relatively new.. I guess I'm just a liar and pseudo-intellectual :(

New forumers are either pseudo-intellects or liars, just as they call us blind and ignorant.

Call it a stereotype, call it satire, call it comic relief — all good jokes have truth to them. Nostalgia may bring one to believe that older players are the same — a stereotype? satire? comic relief? Feel as secure as you want, that does not change the fact that I, as well as anyone else, can stereotype you unjustly. Fallacy or not, take that quoted line as you want.

Zoldyck
10-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Call it a stereotype, call it satire, call it comic relief — all good jokes have truth to them. Nostalgia may bring one to believe that older players are the same — a stereotype? satire? comic relief? Feel as secure as you want, that does not change the fact that I, as well as anyone else, can stereotype you unjustly. Fallacy or not, take that quoted line as you want.

Meh, I more or less took that statement with a grain of salt. You're more than welcome to make generalizations, whether they are meant to be taking lightly or seriously. Same goes with stereotyping. Though keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily have to be true in all cases, nor that I (or anyone) have to abide by the supposed stereotype.

Boy255
10-21-2015, 05:37 AM
So many damn posts,didnt read at all.But a quick glance told me some of you went off-topic,lol.

Also,the word "retarted"(see what i did there)isnt supposed to give infractions,not that i know of.Its suppose to describe a person whose mind is off.Done.

Also,the new layout sux.When on the page"Growtopia"Its so hard to find "Everything else",its just stuck in a bunch of sub forums.Theres some subforums i feel like thats way too irrelevant.And as jakeshore said..everything else will also mean drama,etc.

Also,infractions are being too often.I get 1 like every 3 weeks,and only half the time i feel like its reasonable,and the others are just..well.

Short:You received an infraction from RTsoft Forums for: f***

Like srsly?i censored it.Idc if i get it again,but i know its unreasonable as i censored,besides,who knows if it stands for fork.

Boy255
10-21-2015, 05:49 AM
Spoiler in my sig

But this is a business, feel free to make them out of their job or support them, no one can stop you.

*The new layout is off

There

Spotlight
10-21-2015, 06:13 AM
And that's why I left. That's why I decided to leave, because this community is Trash Garbage. There is no leniency, there is no privilege, and there are no favorites, because there can't be. Everyone here is far too immature, well most of everyone. And the people here that actually act mature and help people out are just sitting there, looking like the Brady Bunch. Being called out because every nine year old and their dog has to be correct every single time. Good luck.

PolarisHD
10-21-2015, 10:42 AM
So many damn posts,didnt read at all.But a quick glance told me some of you went off-topic,lol.

Also,the word "retarted"(see what i did there)isnt supposed to give infractions,not that i know of.Its suppose to describe a person whose mind is off.Done.

That's true, but it is a derogatory term. Therefore, it is against the forum rules.

Also,the new layout sux.When on the page"Growtopia"Its so hard to find "Everything else",its just stuck in a bunch of sub forums.Theres some subforums i feel like thats way too irrelevant.And as jakeshore said..everything else will also mean drama,etc.

How is it so hard to find? Just scroll down and you'll see it.

Also,infractions are being too often.I get 1 like every 3 weeks,and only half the time i feel like its reasonable,and the others are just..well.

I guess it's because moderators are becoming more active now. Want to know how to avoid infractions? Just follow the forum rules and think before you post. Is it really that hard to do it?

Short:You received an infraction from RTsoft Forums for: f***

Like srsly?i censored it.Idc if i get it again,but i know its unreasonable as i censored,besides,who knows if it stands for fork.

It doesn't matter if you censored it. It is universally known that if you censor a 4 letter word that starts with F, it automatically means that word. It is very clear that profanities aren't allowed on the forums and yet you still said it. Also, "besides, who knows if it stands for fork?" was a really terrible excuse.

Hans
10-21-2015, 11:18 AM
That's true, but it is a derogatory term. Therefore, it is against the forum rules.

I guess it's because moderators are becoming more active now. Want to know how to avoid infractions? Just follow the forum rules and think before you post. Is it really that hard to do it?

It doesn't matter if you censored it. It is universally known that if you censor a 4 letter word that starts with F, it automatically means that word. It is very clear that profanities aren't allowed on the forums and yet you still said it. Also, "besides, who knows if it stands for fork?" was a really terrible excuse.

People

Here

Take

Things

Too

Seriously

Yet

They are the ones reacting that it's no fun? Then stop treating it as the new mini-facebook. I have no grudges against wrong-topic selection, but you people are too trivial. (Not you Polaris, just addin' on habibi)

IceKane
10-21-2015, 11:21 AM
What's happening here?

Hans
10-21-2015, 11:22 AM
What's happening here?

Peepel taking things too far?

First 2 pages I was like "Ok, it's not like their hypocrites"

But it escalated so fast

omg

IceKane
10-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Peepel taking things too far?

First 2 pages I was like "Ok, it's not like their hypocrites"

But it escalated so fast

omg

I just don't get what this thread is for. One week off the forums and this is what I see. Just my luck.

MightyDroid
10-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Well, the ols forum is much better than the new one. I think Solo wanted us to post in right sub forum + increasing the number of threads being made here.

But yeah, it does not really reduces the wrong sub forum postings and we had to change from sub forum A to sub forum B and the others because less interesting threads were made these days.

If you need a TL;DR : The new one is really bad.

BoredSozes
10-21-2015, 01:10 PM
It could also apply you considering you know a bunch about the game. Take into consideration that a player that joined this month told you that to get WOTD you had to get 500 posts on the forums or some jazz. When someone corrects you when you have complete knowledge about the fact, but they are totally wrong is exactly what I'm talking about.

Then just tell them that they're wrong. Nothing to do with the join date.

Boy255
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM

1.It may be negative,but it isnt vulgar.

2.Im on mobile.Its crammed up.

3.I followed it.No profanities.Also,vvv

4.But in the end it isnt profanities,as i censored.PG shows also censored the vulgars,but it got aired.
And ofcoz i didnt literally meant fork.

5.P.S unscramble the word
PNEIS

Did the u get the world spine?See,its just a mindset.
(80% got wrong)
Ik this has nothing to do with oringinal post,but im showing you how mindsets works.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2015, 01:50 PM

If you read what I actually said, I meant the ones who constantly challenge people that know what they are talking about and telling them that they are wrong. I never said we were "entitled to the up-most respect," but because we were actually here to see the whole thing unfold, don't you think we would have a little more knowledge on how things work around here?

PolarisHD
10-21-2015, 02:32 PM
4.But in the end it isnt profanities,as i censored.PG shows also censored the vulgars,but it got aired.

PNEIS

(80% got wrong)
Ik this has nothing to do with oringinal post,but im showing you how mindsets works.

1. It isn't just vulgar, it is offensive. Offensive language aren't allowed in the forum.

2. I sometimes also use mobile and I just scroll down fast, since it's at the bottom anyway.

3. If you really followed it, then you wouldn't get infractions every 3 weeks.

4. But the forums and PG shows aren't the same. It doesn't mean that it's okay on a PG show, it's also okay in the forum. Besides, censoring doesn't really matter anymore. I mean, even 7 year olds know how to swear nowadays. Also, I'll say it again:

It is universally known that if you censor a 4 letter word that starts with F, it automatically means that word.

If you still don't get what I'm trying to say, then PM the mod that gave you the infraction. She'd/He'd probably give a better explanation than me.

5. I don't know what your point is, but if you're talking about the way you censored it (the asterisks), then I'll have you know that no one censors any 4 letter word that starts with F except for that word.

Hans
10-21-2015, 02:41 PM
If you read what I actually said, I meant the ones who constantly challenge people that know what they are talking about and telling them that they are wrong. I never said we were "entitled to the up-most respect," but because we were actually here to see the whole thing unfold, don't you think we would have a little more knowledge on how things work around here?

Not really. I have my own philosophy regardless of whether you have witnessed the real thing, or have made it out of speculation, the only thing that would weigh is how you understood it and how close to a fact it is. Join dates do not matter, but your intellectual understanding will matter. Seeing things unfold does not prove you have more rights. I also have that one saying "Even if you were the one who created it, even if you know the ins and outs of this game of yours, others can still get better than you regardless of your petty rules for advantage."

There's no point to points if you do not understand.

- - - Updated - - -

PNEIS

(80% got wrong)

Yes, that's how mind-sets work. The moderator team has to have that mind-set to detect immoralities conducted by law-breakers, but how are they to set good examples if they have the same mind-sets as the one they're punishing? Simple. They cannot. If we all have that same dirty mind-set, then there's no point to keep disregarding truth and throw it like your play ball. Your intents were obvious enough.

That's why both moderators/developers and player have rights to keep fighting the dame thing over and over, but in the end, nobody can justify why they did that because no one has an advantage over the other one.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Not really. I have my own philosophy regardless of whether you have witnessed the real thing, or have made it out of speculation, the only thing that would weigh is how you understood it and how close to a fact it is. Join dates do not matter, but your intellectual understanding will matter. Seeing things unfold does not prove you have more rights. I also have that one saying "Even if you were the one who created it, even if you know the ins and outs of this game of yours, others can still get better than you regardless of your petty rules for advantage."

There's no point to points if you do not understand.

I do understand, and yes I have witnessed the real thing. And the join date part I'm talking about is if I made a post about how broadcast prices were only 10 gems back in the day, and some new user comes up and says that it was never that low and I'm lying. Stuff like that has happened all the time, but I haven't been super active lately so I can't think of any examples. :sweatdrop:

To sum up what I just said, I hate it when new players act like they know absolutely everything about the game and they think you know nothing even though you've been there years before this new dude.

Spotlight
10-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Well, the ols forum is much better than the new one. I think Solo wanted us to post in right sub forum + increasing the number of threads being made here.

But yeah, it does not really reduces the wrong sub forum postings and we had to change from sub forum A to sub forum B and the others because less interesting threads were made these days.

If you need a TL;DR : The new one is really bad.

Yea, the new layout is pretty bad. The whole "Post in the correct subforum" has spiraled out of control in my opinion. It certainly was a problem, but not a disaster like it has been treated recently. These new subforums are just unnecessary and nothing more.

Zoldyck
10-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Obvious sarcasm was obvious (lol but then again, this is the internet..). I was exaggerating. You're acting as if EVERY old forumer is a wise sage and EVERY new forumer has a bone to pick with oldies. It's clearly not the case.

Also, does this paragraph not imply that you want respect? That older forumers should be respected, rather than "being treated as rotting wood"?

Remember the old saying "respect you elders?" Well disregard it completely here because the newbies are always right! These days older forumers are treated rotting wood. Even though they've been here the longest and actually know things better than the newer players, they are constantly corrected and challenged by new players/forumers. And I'm talking about when new players are wrong, but even then they act like they are right. Most newer persons actually act like they are super old forumers and jazz which really irritates me, especially on the "remember when" threads. Yeah, what I'm saying may seem biased due to me being both an old player and forumer, but honestly just do some looking around. The proof is in plain sight. Nobody cares what we have to say anymore, we're just old rotting fools in their eyes

Sure, you guys have been around these forums for a while. That's neat and all but honestly, you're not special snowflakes. You'll be treated with respect when your actions and conducts are worthy of it. And that's been shown numerous times! People like admex or jakeshore have been here for a long time, but what makes others respect them are their contributions to the community. They don't go around flaunting their join dates, they actually do stuff to show that they're worthy of respect. Seniority (for the most part) has nothing to do with it. Hell, just take a look at the examples I gave in my previous post. And in regards to newer forumers "challenging" and "correcting" oldies, what are you basing your claim off of? One occurrence? Twice? You made the bold claim, now back it up with evidence rather than leaving us with "proof is in plain sight." Provide me with multiple posts/threads with example of this behavior. If you are able to do so, I'll retract my statements.

Other than that, I have no other concerns with this thread.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Obvious sarcasm was obvious (lol but then again, this is the internet..). I was exaggerating. You're acting as if EVERY old forumer is a wise sage and EVERY new forumer has a bone to pick with oldies. It's clearly not the case.

Also, does this paragraph not imply that you want respect? That older forumers should be respected, rather than "being treated as rotting wood"?

Sure, you guys have been around these forums for a while. That's neat and all but honestly, you're not special snowflakes. You'll be treated with respect when your actions and conducts are worthy of it. And that's been shown numerous times! People like admex or jakeshore have been here for a long time, but what makes others respect them are their contributions to the community. They don't go around flaunting their join dates, they actually do stuff to show that they're worthy of respect. Seniority (for the most part) has nothing to do with it. Hell, just take a look at the examples I gave in my previous post. And in regards to newer forumers "challenging" and "correcting" oldies, what are you basing your claim off of? One occurrence? Twice? You made the bold claim, now back it up with evidence rather than leaving us with "proof is in plain sight." Provide me with multiple posts/threads with example of this behavior. If you are able to do so, I'll retract my statements.

Other than that, I have no other concerns with this thread.

It's happened to me personally multiple times, but obviously it's not a big of a deal as I've made it out to be. But it has happened a few times in the past to the point where it has angered me which is obviously why I stated my thoughts on it. For instance you're sorta doing it right now. Not saying I'm mad at it, you do have a valid point.

However, I do very much agree with your opinion on respect, and it is true. But most "oldies" have actually gained a reputation over the years and that by which they are respected upon. I myself do not want to sound as if I have a high ego by saying this, but I am one of them. What I mean by that is that I don't have too much of a problem with the issue I am discussing, but others do. But when new persons come in and question my reputation that somewhat irritates me. Pardon me sounding stuck up or anything, I don't mean to sound like that at all. However, speaking my thoughts on this matter is almost impossible without saying it like I have.

Time either makes or breaks someone. Someone who has spent three times as long as someone most definitely has the upper hand in the wisdom factor, thus explaining what I am talking about. No, I do not wish to be treated with royalty, I would just like to be able to state facts without people questioning them so easily.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Whats really sad is that the older forumers are complaining when they should know why a forum update was needed the most.

That statement is very true. However, after dwelling in a place for such a long time it becomes very hard to accept the changes. :sweatdrop:

inkorrect
10-21-2015, 10:01 PM
you edit that post cooldown boi. just do it.

Magicalfishy
10-21-2015, 10:57 PM
you edit that post cooldown boi. just do it.

I did. But dang, this is so much better now. :sweatdrop:

Chocolatte
10-21-2015, 11:12 PM
I remember. I wan't active, like at all, but I remembered that everyone was really nice and it was just a really nice environment where everyone basically chilled here. I lost that account thanks to some email bug regarding microsoft emails. Now, I think the forums are used mostly for self-promotion and selling and random, weird talks are basically non-existent now. It's sad, but I took the old forums for granted.

Zoldyck
10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
It's happened to me personally multiple times, but obviously it's not a big of a deal as I've made it out to be. But it has happened a few times in the past to the point where it has angered me which is obviously why I stated my thoughts on it. For instance you're sorta doing it right now. Not saying I'm mad at it, you do have a valid point.

However, I do very much agree with your opinion on respect, and it is true. But most "oldies" have actually gained a reputation over the years and that by which they are respected upon. I myself do not want to sound as if I have a high ego by saying this, but I am one of them. What I mean by that is that I don't have too much of a problem with the issue I am discussing, but others do. But when new persons come in and question my reputation that somewhat irritates me. Pardon me sounding stuck up or anything, I don't mean to sound like that at all. However, speaking my thoughts on this matter is almost impossible without saying it like I have.

Time either makes or breaks someone. Someone who has spent three times as long as someone most definitely has the upper hand in the wisdom factor, thus explaining what I am talking about. No, I do not wish to be treated with royalty, I would just like to be able to state facts without people questioning them so easily.

That last part seems a bit more reasonable than what you had originally put on the post. I highly consider editing that portion so it doesn't seem like you're throwing baseless claims out there - but that's up to you. You've already admitted that the issue was blown much out of proportion than it really is. Anyways, it seems that we've reached a conclusion as there isn't anything else up for discussions from my side.

The only (other) thing that I disagrees with is the moderation. You stated that there is no leniency but I beg to differ. As far as I'm concerned, moderation is far too complacent. For the most part, there have been less garbage thrown around with the removal of the GT drama sub forum. And even with that ticking time bomb removed, you still see passive-aggressive posts flying around. As Megazork have said, there are (still) users so edgy that I cut myself while reading some of their posts. Buuuuttt I don't want to continue this in the thread anymore so I guess PM me if you wish to prove me wrong on moderation and stuff.

IC Growtopia
10-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Hello I am testing something

- - - Updated - - -

this is also a test

JOSHIE63
10-22-2015, 12:25 AM

This philosophy is in the perspective of a hypothetical scenario in which the occasional forumer does not follow the stereotype. Be a realist. The chance of the majority of newer players to become knowledgeable about information they have heard only by word of mouth and not experienced is unreachably slim and far from "proving" a fact. This philosophy is hardly applicable in a venue where the variables are predetermined most of the time.

SilentDogs
10-22-2015, 01:07 AM
I agree with you Fishy, and I honestly miss the good old days on the forums.
Back when everyone was happy to help others, back when we had all those forumer meetup worlds, we got to know other forumers. This community actaully had a sense of dignity before.
The community has grown so much in so many different ways. However, it's been bothering me how forumers bully eachother nowadays, I think that some master sorcerers do mistreat lower ranked forumers but it can go both ways. Many of the new forumers have a big attitude and no respect for someone that has experience here. They are rude to the master sorcerer so the master sorcerer is mean back. I am not saying this is the right thing to do, but you see it's not just one picking on the other, they are both doing it.

When I was new in 3013, everything was pretty good. The new forumers respected the older ones and there wasn't so much bullying between everyone. But as 2015 rolled up things went down hill. The 2015 forumers started getting a big attitude and had no respect for any of the older ones. This is pretty much how this whole thing happened. Now all we have to do is hope that one day it goes back to the way it once was, but that is highly unlikely.

I'll have to agree what Hamumu said was kind of harsh, becoming a moderator was something that I was interested in, I wanted to make a reasonable difference. But I must say, I did get a little bit offended after Hamumu said that.

Phew, I said what needed to be said, had to get that off my chest.

Spotlight
10-22-2015, 04:37 AM
I agree with you Fishy, and I honestly miss the good old days on the forums.
Back when everyone was happy to help others, back when we had all those forumer meetup worlds, we got to know other forumers. This community actaully had a sense of dignity before.
The community has grown so much in so many different ways. However, it's been bothering me how forumers bully eachother nowadays, I think that some master sorcerers do mistreat lower ranked forumers but it can go both ways. Many of the new forumers have a big attitude and no respect for someone that has experience here. They are rude to the master sorcerer so the master sorcerer is mean back. I am not saying this is the right thing to do, but you see it's not just one picking on the other, they are both doing it.

When I was new in 3013, everything was pretty good. The new forumers respected the older ones and there wasn't so much bullying between everyone. But as 2015 rolled up things went down hill. The 2015 forumers started getting a big attitude and had no respect for any of the older ones. This is pretty much how this whole thing happened. Now all we have to do is hope that one day it goes back to the way it once was, but that is highly unlikely.

I'll have to agree what Hamumu said was kind of harsh, becoming a moderator was something that I was interested in, I wanted to make a reasonable difference. But I must say, I did get a little bit offended after Hamumu said that.

Phew, I said what needed to be said, had to get that off my chest.
Good points, I'm inclined to agree.
Also Silent, what happened to your old forum account?

SilentDogs
10-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Good points, I'm inclined to agree.
Also Silent, what happened to your old forum account?

Decided to switch for whatever reason, I still have my old account. However I won't be posting in it anymore. This is my new account.

Magicalfishy
10-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Many of the new forumers have a big attitude and no respect for someone that has experience here. They are rude to the master sorcerer so the master sorcerer is mean back

Well, I wasn't saying all the older forumers are master sorcerers, just old in general.

Magicalfishy
10-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Just a friendly uppercut into existence.

Warp Rat
10-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Latest edit: October 21th, 2015.

Not even sure why some people are down-voting the thread, I'm speaking the truth!

Get ready for a wall of text my fellow Growtopians, today I'll be saying things not many have had the courage to say before.

No post cool-downs (APPARENTLY THIS JUST GOT FIXED?! HECK YEAH)
No private message cooldowns

I cared and hoped for the best for this community, but things are going downhill and they're going pretty fast. I actually hoped to become a moderator one day to be able to actually make a reasonable sized difference, although this never was my main goal I always thought that if I was just myself and actually tried to make a difference as a normal player that one day becoming a moderator was at least somewhat of a possibility. If you thought the same way, well think again. I've actually been referred to a time or two by moderators and I've been checked out by authority. According to what Hamumu said in the thread about players asking to become moderators he said that 99% of us WILL NOT become moderators because, "we aren't unique, we're just like everybody else." Kinda heart breaking really. One of the very developers of our game think that we are just all sheep. :sweatdrop:

Yes, I do get that most people these days are cold-hearted jerks, but not everybody is. You can't rule out 99% of your own population that easily. You can't base a person on a society, nor can you base a society on a person. Yes, the moderators are unique but there are others out there who are just as unique! Not everybody in this community is a sheep.

Full Hamumu quote

ALSO, I'd like to give a response to what Hamumu said about "all the moderators have been someone you never heard of." What about JakeShore, what about Zfert, what about JesusSheep, what about other well-known forumers like Morphieus, Aimster, INightmareI, LOKSTER. You can't say that every single moderator will be someone you've never heard of.

And the funny thing is, you'd think that people who are actually willing to do the job correctly and are enthusiastic about it (obviously with proof that they deserve it) would have a better chance overall. It's just like going to a job interview, you've got to show them you WANT and can DO the job both equally at the same time! However, they want us to stay quiet about it and pretend like we don't care whatsoever.

TL;DR :

I completely agree with you, we used to be treated with respect and dignity. Now, a lot of growtopians are forumers and were treated with no authority now. Plus the rules are HIGHLY STRICT.

Redlegocat
10-26-2015, 12:10 AM
I joined forums only a few months ago, I respected the Master Sorceror's, Moderators and other forumers I believed that they were kind, mature and friendly.
I have read some Drama that are from years ago, I search about debates and stuff in the forums near the beginning of some sub-forums.
I seen old @Mods/ ex-mods helping, giving advice and being kind.
I joined this game 748 days ago, I have quit multiple times, but I have seen many things from the past, that I don't see now.
I have seen mod-worthy people, I have seen alot these few months.
Forums has changed who I am in Growtopia and irl.
Drama was really interesting, I learned much about what was happening in Growtopia, I saw how people debated and their opinions.
I respected their opinions and agreed with some.
I seen great forumers quit, It is sad, I may not have much experience as most of the forumers here,
but I have seen alot.
I have lost much interest in this game, I mostly do it fo friends and complete a few goals I guess.
I wish I joined earlier, I wish I didn't take the old layout that was here a few months ago as just a layout.
Now when people are debating, the thread gets closed because it will start drama....
This update has changed alot. Might be worse, might be better, depending on your opinion.

Also, I found out that forums existed after I saw in the world STYX that there was a forumer's fort, I would search for STYX and find the password lol.
And then when I told my friend, who is a forumer, he asked "Are you a forumer?", i said "No, I just use it for the password in the world STYX"
and he said "oh."
After a month, I started using forums, I read stuff in drama, eventually made a profile pic/avatar, figured out there was a marketplace, made a signature and so on.
I never made an introduction, I regret not making one, I will probably introduce myself when I say goodbye to this amazing game.

I usually avoid posting, mostly market threads or just replies to random threads.
I mostly read Everything Else and sometimes Meet and Greet.
I think I should stick to the RTsoft Tavern.

Thank you for reading something in my post. :)

Magicalfishy
10-26-2015, 12:17 AM
I joined forums only a few months ago, I respected the Master Sorceror's, Moderators and other forumers I believed that they were kind, mature and friendly.
I have read some Drama that are from years ago, I search about debates and stuff in the forums near the beginning of some sub-forums.
I seen old @Mods/ ex-mods helping, giving advice and being kind.
I joined this game 748 days ago, I have quit multiple times, but I have seen many things from the past, that I don't see now.
I have seen mod-worthy people, I have seen alot these few months.
Forums has changed who I am in Growtopia and irl.
Drama was really interesting, I learned much about what was happening in Growtopia, I saw how people debated and their opinions.
I respected their opinions and agreed with some.
I seen great forumers quit, It is sad, I may not have much experience as most of the forumers here,
but I have seen alot.
I have lost much interest in this game, I mostly do it fo friends and complete a few goals I guess.
I wish I joined earlier, I wish I didn't take the old layout that was here a few months ago as just a layout.
Now when people are debating, the thread gets closed because it will start drama....
This update has changed alot. Might be worse, might be better, depending on your opinion.

Also, I found out that forums existed after I saw in the world STYX that there was a forumer's fort, I would search for STYX and find the password lol.
And then when I told my friend, who is a forumer, he asked "Are you a forumer?", i said "No, I just use it for the password in the world STYX"
and he said "oh."
After a month, I started using forums, I read stuff in drama, eventually made a profile pic/avatar, figured out there was a marketplace, made a signature and so on.
I never made an introduction, I regret not making one, I will probably introduce myself when I say goodbye to this amazing game.

I usually avoid posting, mostly market threads or just replies to random threads.
I mostly read Everything Else and sometimes Meet and Greet.
I think I should stick to the RTsoft Tavern.

Thank you for reading something in my post. :)

No problem, that was actually quite interesting to read. A majority of the forumers are like you. Extremely quiet, rarely posts, mostly browses. It's really nice to see things from that viewpoint actually. :o

Magicalfishy
10-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Just a friendly uppercut into existence! I'd like to hear your thoughts.

XxJeirinxX
10-30-2015, 08:33 AM
I've been in the forums for almost 2 years(January 2014, I joined a day after new year[I think :scratch:])and people from 2014-2015 have like 2k posts.

Change topic.

I miss the debates, I miss posting posts and sending messages without a countdown, I miss the old forumers and especially, I miss drama. :cry:

Boy255
10-30-2015, 11:19 AM
"Downvoting the thread" reddit much lol

Kranken
10-30-2015, 08:52 PM
The moment the forums layout changed, I stopped posting as much as I used to. I'm still not used to the new layout. So I'll just stick to the good old RtSoft Tavern. The only place that hasn't changed this much. If they change this too, I'm out. No more posts from me then.

Magicalfishy
10-30-2015, 10:46 PM
The moment the forums layout changed, I stopped posting as much as I used to. I'm still not used to the new layout. So I'll just stick to the good old RtSoft Tavern. The only place that hasn't changed this much. If they change this too, I'm out. No more posts from me then.

I usually just shift between this and "everything else." :sweatdrop:

|ThyLuigi|
10-31-2015, 02:03 AM
Y'know, debates aren't banned, it's when the savages decide to take over the thread and insult each other like the idiots they are.

Zoldyck
10-31-2015, 02:27 AM
Y'know, debates aren't banned, it's when the savages decide to take over the thread and insult each other like the idiots they are.

Sorry, the opportunity pretty much presented itself. Good point though.

Hans
10-31-2015, 06:24 PM
This philosophy is in the perspective of a hypothetical scenario in which the occasional forumer does not follow the stereotype. Be a realist. The chance of the majority of newer players to become knowledgeable about information they have heard only by word of mouth and not experienced is unreachably slim and far from "proving" a fact. This philosophy is hardly applicable in a venue where the variables are predetermined most of the time.

These are not predetermined variables, as all I could say. This philosophy can also never be proven as a "fact", yes. But for all we know, you said "the majority", implying that some will still re-create this statement and prove it as an occasional possibility. Yes, it is only a slim chance and can only be applied in a scenario — what I am implying is that it still happens and I, as myself, and not generally, that it is possible. The statement "Be a realist" does not apply to me, nor any of you, for we do not know even the capabilities of everyone yet we claim to know what we can do and take it for granted. But mostly, I can only apply it in real-life, not anywhere else. It is opinionated pertaining the capabilities of every other person interested to join.

Simply you could just say that I am infuriated with people by basing the standard rating from that join date bottom of our personal data and treat every other else as pseudo-elites. I admit that I was tempted to say this "philosophy" of mine only applicable to situations available in real-life as the quoted OP was worded wrongly, in my view, I should say. And I should apologize for that as I do not see that as moral especially coming from him.

Magicalfishy
10-31-2015, 07:04 PM
These are not predetermined variables, as all I could say. This philosophy can also never be proven as a "fact", yes. But for all we know, you said "the majority", implying that some will still re-create this statement and prove it as an occasional possibility. Yes, it is only a slim chance and can only be applied in a scenario — what I am implying is that it still happens and I, as myself, and not generally, that it is possible. The statement "Be a realist" does not apply to me, nor any of you, for we do not know even the capabilities of everyone yet we claim to know what we can do and take it for granted. But mostly, I can only apply it in real-life, not anywhere else. It is opinionated pertaining the capabilities of every other person interested to join.

Simply you could just say that I am infuriated with people by basing the standard rating from that join date bottom of our personal data and treat every other else as pseudo-elites. I admit that I was tempted to say this "philosophy" of mine only applicable to situations available in real-life as the quoted OP was worded wrongly, in my view, I should say. And I should apologize for that as I do not see that as moral especially coming from him.

Woah Hans, I never said that we were "superior beings." I was just implying that we knew a heck of a lot more about the game than they do. :sweatdrop:
If someone with the join date of a month before he makes a post about how coral blocks used to drop red gems and that the nerf was unnecessary, he's obviously wrong because coral never dropped red gems. See what I'm tippin' at here? I'm not saying we deserve to be supreme beings, I'm just saying we have the upper hand in knowledge.

Hans
10-31-2015, 07:24 PM
Woah Hans, I never said that we were "superior beings." I was just implying that we knew a heck of a lot more about the game than they do. :sweatdrop:
If someone with the join date of a month before he makes a post about how coral blocks used to drop red gems and that the nerf was unnecessary, he's obviously wrong because coral never dropped red gems. See what I'm tippin' at here? I'm not saying we deserve to be supreme beings, I'm just saying we have the upper hand in knowledge.

Fine. As much as I would like to continue this little discussion, I decided not to as it is always destined to end up a war of inflaming bias against each other. G'day, matey.

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 04:06 AM
Fine. As much as I would like to continue this little discussion, I decided not to as it is always destined to end up a war of inflaming bias against each other. G'day, matey.

I by no means necessary meant that we were superior beings, I just meant we were superior in the knowledge field. I don't engage in flame wars, you know that. : /

Honoka225
11-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Hamumu say the devs choose a mystery person that are not well-known and unique to be a mod but what about @JustNothing case. He is popular allover Growtopia and he has Legendary Title.
That'd be unfair :(

Rest in Peace old days

Magicalfishy
11-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Not sure if it's right to bring this back up or not, but I'd like to see your opinions. :sweatdrop:

Hans
11-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Hah! Cringed to death by my own post.

|ThyLuigi|
11-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Yes, us superior beings didn't choose to have everlasting knowledge and deserved power over the newer player base, it just ended up like that.

:rolleyes: