PDA

View Full Version : How to convince my parent buy me a graphic tablet? :'(

voidgaming
10-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Story is like this.Two months ago, I am practicing paintool SAI.
Suddenly, my parent pull me out for a walk in shopping mall.
I thought this would be an annoying walk cause we walk in a mall that I never been before, One Utama.
Until I reached the underground shopping area, I saw a shop selling graphic tablet, this would be the great chance to convince them, but my father objected, he said my asus can draw too.
Yeah.....With art flow and laggy as hell.
My mother sneakily go to a digital store and tried to buy one for me, the shop owner cheated us, he said our computer too old.
Tell me buy a 300$ one computer to buy the huion tablet.
(Epic lier, it still can operate on window XP)
300$ IS FREAKIN RM1250 IN MY COUNTRY!
HOW THE HELL WE CAN AFFORD THAT!

GG, not having a real graphic tablet till age 16,
ANY GOOD TIPS TO CONVINCE OR AT LEAST LET THEM KNOW,
MY COMPUTER IS COMPATIBLE WITH HUION?!

ezereal
10-20-2015, 09:27 AM
U should be going for Wacom , not the others. Wacom is more steady and I feel more comfortable with it. Btw windowsxp is very laggy, like the shop owner said.u are going to hang for at least an hour every 30 mins of drawing.....

Dark_Heat
10-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Wacom is good.

report store owner to govomentos or i can fite him 1v1 or you can shou your paereants pic or interante proof you can yuouse that tablet

intardnet proof is always better than scamming cheating shop owners who want your monay

In other words; Show internet proof to adults/supervisor/guardian/parent to convince them that your PC is compatible and strong enough to run/use this tablet.

EDIT BEFORE POSTING: 36 seconds.
EDIT 2 BEFORE POSTING: 18 seconds.
EDIT 3 BEFORE POSTING: 6 seconds.

voidgaming
10-20-2015, 10:07 AM
U should be going for Wacom , not the others. Wacom is more steady and I feel more comfortable with it. Btw windowsxp is very laggy, like the shop owner said.u are going to hang for at least an hour every 30 mins of drawing.....

My Window working quite well.
Sai is working quite well on it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Wacom is good.

report store owner to govomentos or i can fite him 1v1 or you can shou your paereants pic or interante proof you can yuouse that tablet

intardnet proof is always better than scamming cheating shop owners who want your monay

In other words; Show internet proof to adults/supervisor/guardian/parent to convince them that your PC is compatible and strong enough to run/use this tablet.

EDIT BEFORE POSTING: 36 seconds.
EDIT 2 BEFORE POSTING: 18 seconds.
EDIT 3 BEFORE POSTING: 6 seconds.

Meh,they can simply said I made up just to be a annoying brat that don't know anything about computer and trying to act like a computer pro to proof to them I know this.

Updated
10-20-2015, 10:17 AM
tldr

every night, make sure ur parents go to ur room but before they do that, get a book and pretend as if ur reading

DeeJays
10-21-2015, 06:41 AM
GG, not having a real graphic tablet till age 16

I'm 18 and I don't even have any graphic tablet. I only touched it once in a lifetime. :crazy:

To convince them, maybe talk to them when the time is right or when they are in a happy mood. Tell them why do you need the graphic tablet. When I asked for a new laptop which cost a whole lot, I slipped a joke inside my conversation with my dad and it worked. Just keep both of your parents in a happy situation when you talk about buying the graphic tablet. If they say no, ask them calmly why.

voidgaming
10-21-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm 18 and I don't even have any graphic tablet. I only touched it once in a lifetime. :crazy:

To convince them, maybe talk to them when the time is right or when they are in a happy mood. Tell them why do you need the graphic tablet. When I asked for a new laptop which cost a whole lot, I slipped a joke inside my conversation with my dad and it worked. Just keep both of your parents in a happy situation when you talk about buying the graphic tablet. If they say no, ask them calmly why.

The problem is, my siblings once forced my father toss in some budget to buy a Pavillion computer for my cousin research html code (but he just acting like he really good at typing and he now only plays smith and csgo on his computer).

My father thinks I am jealous about him and want him to buy me one for gaming mather -.-" and he don't hear my words.

- - - Updated - - -

tldr

every night, make sure ur parents go to ur room but before they do that, get a book and pretend as if ur reading

What

They would say I stop acting to be a good boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Download Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 evaluation from here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise) and tell your parents you got it for free. Backup the old system, install Win10/8.1, buy it, restore from a backup.

The other problem is, the owner said my COMPUTER too old,
He didn't mentioned operating system.
I thinks even I upgraded my operating system to window 7/8.1/10, they only thinks of my brand, they don't even know what is operating system.

ambiguster
10-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Sel your old laptop. Buy a new laptop. :rolleyes:

voidgaming
10-21-2015, 07:55 AM
Sel your old laptop. Buy a new laptop. :rolleyes:

What you expect a 12 years old computer with one of it flipper neck broken can sell for how many RM? ._.

unconscious98
10-21-2015, 08:29 AM
I've never really used graphics tablet.. I either use my iPad or android phone to draw. I feel so unprofessional xD

My sister bought a tablet from Japan on its way here, I think she paid about more or less than 100$ for it, and I think it's Wacom bamboo.

Evortez
10-21-2015, 08:37 AM
I give up learning paint tool SAI, it's cool but it's too hard for me.
Now I'm learning Adobe Illustrator.

BoredSozes
10-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Story is like this.Two months ago, I am practicing paintool SAI.
Suddenly, my parent pull me out for a walk in shopping mall.
I thought this would be an annoying walk cause we walk in a mall that I never been before, One Utama.
Until I reached the underground shopping area, I saw a shop selling graphic tablet, this would be the great chance to convince them, but my father objected, he said my asus can draw too.
Yeah.....With art flow and laggy as hell.
My mother sneakily go to a digital store and tried to buy one for me, the shop owner cheated us, he said our computer too old.
Tell me buy a 300$ one computer to buy the huion tablet.
(Epic lier, it still can operate on window XP)
300$ IS FREAKIN RM1250 IN MY COUNTRY!
HOW THE HELL WE CAN AFFORD THAT!

GG, not having a real graphic tablet till age 16,
ANY GOOD TIPS TO CONVINCE OR AT LEAST LET THEM KNOW,
MY COMPUTER IS COMPATIBLE WITH HUION?!

Try to save up your pocket money and buy one. :>

voidgaming
11-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Try to save up your pocket money and buy one. :>

I saved up money already, but my dad keep being a douche.
I have RM600 to spend on these tablets but my dad just don't let me.

I hate it when I want walk closer to my talent but my parent don't want it, they think I had enough for drawing with a laggy tablet that given by siblings.

Meranda
11-02-2015, 05:11 AM
here i am trying to buy a second hand graphic tablet for 35$