PDA

View Full Version : I am making a game.

Comment
10-21-2015, 01:42 AM
Yeah. You read it right. I am making a game available only through Windows and Mac Book, and will be available on steam. The game isn't going to be released now, but I am working on the cosmetics and designs of this game and my friend is working on what type of items can be assorted in this game. This is the first time I am making a game and I really want to launch my game (not until 2026, because I am still in 8th grade, lol). At my school, they offer Advance Technology and I took the Game Development Course.

The question I ask is "how do I do a three dimensional game?" I bet this question needed to be answered by Seth Robinson because he is the one good with the Programming (Mike Hommel is the one who makes the designs). I already planned all the items and all the designs for each one of the items. My game is about adventuring realms through a magical galaxy that you are transported in so you can save realms. My game contains 43 realms and over 67 bosses, and over 700+ individual monsters. When you first start my game, which is called [CLASSIFIED], you get to choose a lot of classes.

Here are all the classes (assorted):
- Tamer: These are the ones who tames magical creatures and make them what they call today, "friends".
- Sorcerer: These magical people were raised in war ground. They summon magical creatures who company them in combat.
- Spears Man: They were raised by Indigenous People and the Spirit of Combat.
- Samurai: These people were raised in Japan and guided by the Spirit of War.
- Swordsman: These whimsical medieval knights were raised by kings from medieval times.
- Archer: These people were raised in a forest and trained by the Spirit of Range.
- Wizard: These people are magical trained Sorcerers that go on and off their journey. They were raised by the Spirit of Magic

These are some of the features you will see in my game. If game development is easy, I would make this game right now.

MyLegGuy
10-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Making 3d games is easy with Unity. Unity is free too!

You will fail if you try this as your first project. Assuming you have no prior programming knowledge.

peck
10-21-2015, 03:02 AM
Yeah. You read it right. I am making a game available only through Windows and Mac Book, and will be available on steam. The game isn't going to be released now, but I am working on the cosmetics and designs of this game and my friend is working on what type of items can be assorted in this game. This is the first time I am making a game and I really want to launch my game (not until 2026, because I am still in 8th grade, lol). At my school, they offer Advance Technology and I took the Game Development Course.

The question I ask is "how do I do a three dimensional game?" I bet this question needed to be answered by Seth Robinson because he is the one good with the Programming (Mike Hommel is the one who makes the designs). I already planned all the items and all the designs for each one of the items. My game is about adventuring realms through a magical galaxy that you are transported in so you can save realms. My game contains 43 realms and over 67 bosses, and over 700+ individual monsters. When you first start my game, which is called [CLASSIFIED], you get to choose a lot of classes.

- Tamer: These are the ones who tames magical creatures and make them what they call today, "friends".
- Sorcerer: These magical people were raised in war ground. They summon magical creatures who company them in combat.
- Swordsman: These whimsical medieval knights were raised by kings from medieval times.
- Archer: These people were raised in a forest and trained by the Spirit of Range.
- Wizard: These people are magical trained Sorcerers that go on and off their journey. They were raised by the Spirit of Magic

These are some of the features you will see in my game. If game development is easy, I would make this game right now.

You've got a couple things wrong. BOTH Hamumu and Seth code the grow game, Hamumu does both designing objects and adding them in while Seth will be screwing with the servers and such.
Next, how do you propose you get your game on steam? Greenlight is hell unless you have a ready-active fan base already so your $100 registration fee will likely goto waste.

Anyone can come up with ideas, to be any different from the rest you actually have to do them. Ideas were never impressive. I can say I'm going to make a game just like that but have a thousand enemies and bosses and a hundred classes. I'm trying my best not to get all rude and snarky here but please refrain from being the "ideas guy" on those game dev forums everyone loves to hate.

It may be better to build from scratch.

That's what all the 30+ years wasted on c++ (the dying language) peeps like to tell everyone to keep their job. Making a game with a quality game engine (unity, cry engine, GMS) will prevent re inventing the wheel while keeping optimization. Sometimes people who attempt making a game from scratch will re invent the wheel, but their code will not be as modular and optimized than the functions supplied in game engines. Game engines also provide many many professional tools that people take for granted until trying to create a game raw.
Programs ~> raw code
Games ~> game engines

- - - Updated - - -

Making 3d games is easy with Unity. Unity is free too!

You will fail if you try this as your first project. Assuming you have no prior programming knowledge.

Well said.

xZachCottonx
10-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Good luck .

m456
10-21-2015, 11:29 AM

I'm sorry to be such a killjoy but if this is your first game development project then you should DEFINITELY try something easier...
I mean, you're trying to make a 3D game with 43 realms, 67 bosses and 700 monsters? And this is your first game project? Projects like that fail.
Try doing something easy like a platformer. If you succeed in doing that, then try doing something more complicated, like a simple RPG.
For a three dimensional game, you'll need to learn to create 3D art. Blender is a very good option for 3D art.
You'll also probably want to learn how to create AIs for the monsters, bosses and other NPCs.
If you want music in your game you'll need to learn how to make music. (FL Studio is good but it costs quite a lot.)

As you can see, making a game isn't easy. It isn't just typing a bunch of stuff.

thegamer381
10-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Wrong sub forum...

ParkourDevil
10-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Good luck! Its actually nice to see talented young people :D

Indicative
10-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Making 3D game is just insane. I tried it before for fun. Well, try to make a 2d platformer first for your practice. It's easy and there are a lot of tutorials out there.

Conan
10-21-2015, 01:04 PM
IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS EVERYWHERE

Try to study and code normal apps before making a game .-.

m456
10-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Making 3D game is just insane. I tried it before for fun. Well, try to make a 2d platformer first for your practice. It's easy and there are a lot of tutorials out there.

How did that go?
I can barely make a picture move... i m jelly

BioTestificate
10-21-2015, 02:13 PM
IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS EVERYWHERE

Try to study and code normal apps before making a game .-.

Too much ideas you can't utilize with your current knowledge, which then goes to the trash heap where it will rot away and never to be remembered again... *sigh*

Hans
10-21-2015, 02:27 PM
I hate to be another add up in to this, but this is a bad idea. Just some years ago, I dreamed of making a game, so I purposely and slowly gathered information about programming and stuff. It's not all about creating art, creating manual scripts or keeping it intact with your ideas, but there are still many more factors to consider. Even creating an app for me isn't an option with the tight schedule I have and the many information gathering I conduct for leisure.

Getting yourself an experienced partner might be an option, but I say he'd be better of alone if you don't help him.

- - - Updated - - -

Too much ideas you can't utilize with your current knowledge, which then goes to the trash heap where it will rot away and never to be remembered again... *sigh*

Unless yer' right it down matie ; )

Indicative
10-21-2015, 03:19 PM
How did that go?
I can barely make a picture move... i m jelly

I made pinball games using Unity based on the tutorial. It's simple but at first, it's hard because you need to determine the physics and the lighting for the object.