PDA

View Full Version : No drama subforum= No fun

Brys
10-23-2015, 01:40 AM
I dont know how to live without the drama subforum. C'mon man, I think we all miss it in some way.

Tech
10-23-2015, 01:44 AM
I dont know how to live without the drama subforum. C'mon man, I think we all miss it in some way.

The CrimsonEagle drama was the best.

Brys
10-23-2015, 01:48 AM

CrimsonEagle is a legend. I still have his steam, I can probably get ahold of him to see what he has been up to.

Zoldyck
10-23-2015, 01:52 AM

lol this is still a thing?

Brys
10-23-2015, 10:43 AM
He's probably Dirt Bow.

Heh. Maybe.

iStolen
10-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Are you saying...
Drama=SO FUN!! No drama=*commits suicide*
this was meant as a joke, don't take it seriously, DON'T!

Brys
10-23-2015, 11:36 AM
Are you saying...
Drama=SO FUN!! No drama=*commits suicide*
this was meant as a joke, don't take it seriously, DON'T!

Yes. (10chars.)

thegamer381
10-23-2015, 11:38 AM
(Starts bashing everyone senselessly)

426 Hemi
10-23-2015, 01:26 PM
every one was like *** **** you!

now let's show it to the new players and let them know "!@$% you! go smell a chicken you piece of ****" is fine! :D

i enjoyed it but i don't really know wat to say
like combining the subs?

L3thalHunter
10-23-2015, 01:28 PM
True but it was just too much.
Too much that people would create issues and fights just for the heck of it which may piss others off.

Boy255
10-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Well it defintely was a wrong turn.

So to improve,lets make a brand new forking big thread in everything else,titled "post ur drama lele y u rem0ve mai dramanana scrub 4rum"

mrthadawee
10-23-2015, 01:34 PM
Drama subforum basically invited idiots to fight among eachother like uncivilized beasts, as a higher classed Growtopian and a gentleman and scholar, I for one approve of the change. :^), now give me a double Martini bucket, chop chop :^)

You can still joke about in any post as long as it's relevant, just because there is no drama subforum it does NOT mean that no fun is allowed, also you've probably heard Solorien say something along the lines of this, but there are other online communities that get their kicks out of drama and stuff like that, you're welcome to go give those a visit.

In other words, this is after all a SFW community (or as SFW as humanly possible), drama generally murks up the quality of forums and personally it annoys me.

Doesn't mean that drama will never occour, if you're into that sort of thing for some reason, there will always be people bickering among themselves, for some odd reason most of those drama filled/bait posts have been posted in the tavern and people are using it for personal blog type posts which get on my nerves somewhat, but other than that, it's looking decent.

Boomer
10-23-2015, 01:36 PM
They expect us to be good boys and girls on the forums.

So we just take it in game. Drama worlds FTW!

- - - Updated - - -

Drama subforum basically invited idiots to fight among eachother like uncivilized beasts,

That's what made it fun. You don't see Beast Modes every day.

mrthadawee
Well it defintely was a wrong turn.

So to improve,lets make a brand new forking big thread in everything else,titled "post ur drama lele y u rem0ve mai dramanana scrub 4rum"

A containment thread to keep all the stupidity out of other threads, this may just be crazy enough to work. The drama subforum was literally a containment subforum for that sort of thing anyway.

mokky
Drama is fun.

Now I have nothing to watch while eating salt.

GummiBear64
Drama subforum basically invited idiots to fight among eachother like uncivilized beasts, as a higher classed Growtopian and a gentleman and scholar, I for one approve of the change. :^), now give me a double Martini bucket, chop chop :^)

You can still joke about in any post as long as it's relevant, just because there is no drama subforum it does NOT mean that no fun is allowed, also you've probably heard Solorien say something along the lines of this, but there are other online communities that get their kicks out of drama and stuff like that, you're welcome to go give those a visit.

In other words, this is after all a SFW community (or as SFW as humanly possible), drama generally murks up the quality of forums and personally it annoys me.

Doesn't mean that drama will never occour, if you're into that sort of thing for some reason, there will always be people bickering among themselves, for some odd reason most of those drama filled/bait posts have been posted in the tavern and people are using it for personal blog type posts which get on my nerves somewhat, but other than that, it's looking decent.

With or without the drama, it's always going to be SFW until someone starts posting inappropriate pictures and/or quotes.

Are people not allowed to post about their life in the Rtsoft Tavern?

mrthadawee
10-23-2015, 01:42 PM
CrimsonEagle is a legend. I still have his steam, I can probably get ahold of him to see what he has been up to.
Pretty sure he contacted me on his 45th alt or something apologising for being a troll or something, I don't have the PM anymore but he seemed pretty sincere so I forgave him (for whatever he done, I don't really follow drama so personally I didn't know what the whole deal was about). He's actually a decent person.

Reminiscing about old times tho...

- - - Updated - - -

With or without the drama, it's always going to be SFW until someone starts posting inappropriate pictures and/or quotes.

I always thought Instagram was for that though. :^)

Still, I guess the tavern has always been laidback, we'll see how it goes I guess... But quality posts are seldom found when half the people think the forums are their personal Facebook.

Immaturity has always been a thing on these forums, drama subforum or no drama subforum, it will always be like that. That's the community. I can't really stay elitist and act like I'm above all that really, I just don't get involved in it all that's all.

*OFF TOPIC*, it's been a while to be fair, how're you getting on ingame anyway? I've planned to meetup with old forumers for old times sake.

Crazyjulie
10-23-2015, 01:45 PM
I've always stayed away from the drama section *shudders*
People bringing on so much hatred to each other just for their own amusement.

Updated
10-23-2015, 02:10 PM

GOD DAMN IT TELL ME WHAT IT IS PLEASE:ninja::ninja:

Femme
10-23-2015, 03:33 PM

Isn't fun when you're involved :sweatdrop:

PolarisHD
10-23-2015, 05:56 PM

Still, I guess the tavern has always been laidback, we'll see how it goes I guess... But quality posts are seldom found when half the people think the forums are their personal Facebook.

Immaturity has always been a thing on these forums, drama subforum or no drama subforum, it will always be like that. That's the community. I can't really stay elitist and act like I'm above all that really, I just don't get involved in it all that's all.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/659/475/a4d.gif

It's fine if they do it from time to time, but posting it every time is just :poop:posting, tbh. I mean, no one really cares if you finished translating Nebulous or you tightened your braces.

GummiBear64
10-24-2015, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure he contacted me on his 45th alt or something apologising for being a troll or something, I don't have the PM anymore but he seemed pretty sincere so I forgave him (for whatever he done, I don't really follow drama so personally I didn't know what the whole deal was about). He's actually a decent person.

Reminiscing about old times tho...

*OFF TOPIC*, it's been a while to be fair, how're you getting on ingame anyway? I've planned to meetup with old forumers for old times sake.

I only go online to fish nowadays.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/659/475/a4d.gif

It's fine if they do it from time to time, but posting it every time is just :poop:posting, tbh. I mean, no one really cares if you finished translating Nebulous or you tightened your braces.

Yeah, I can't help but agree with you. I suppose it's fine to some extent, but realistically there is a fine line between doing it occasionally and doing it non-flipping-stop.