PDA

View Full Version : I need to get a gamecube

LolDawn
10-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Don't ask why, it's just "entertainment purposes". Where can i find one, I've been searching left and right....

- - - Updated - - -

Don't ask why, it's just "entertainment purposes". Where can i find one, I've been searching left and right....

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the original Wii could play GC games. But i have a Wii U...

MyLegGuy
10-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Ebay or Amazon is where I would look.

Gamecube is a great system. Lots of good games.

Conan
10-24-2015, 08:11 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094

LolDawn
10-24-2015, 08:21 PM
Craigslist

Lmao. .

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, heres the real question. Should I get an original Wii model (NOT the family edition/Wii mini) or an actual Cube? In Gamestop they have a Blast to the Past Bundle that includes like 4 games and a controller + the console for $60, but I can easily get a Gamecube from Goodwill not knowing the quality and get blown up by it.

MyLegGuy
10-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Lmao. .

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, heres the real question. Should I get an original Wii model (NOT the family edition/Wii mini) or an actual Cube? In Gamestop they have a Blast to the Past Bundle that includes like 4 games and a controller + the console for $60, but I can easily get a Gamecube from Goodwill not knowing the quality and get blown up by it.

Don't get a Wii. You already have a Wii U.

That Blast to the Past bundle, I would recommend not getting it unless the games that come with it are games that you want.

If you can, order a Gamecube off of Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gamecube).

Obliderate
10-25-2015, 12:25 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the original Wii could play GC games. But i have a Wii U...

Get one! As for games, I would recommend THESE
Mario Kart Double Dash
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Pikmin 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: 1000 year Door
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Parties 4-7
Super Smash Bros Melee

Tech
10-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Super Smash Meele.

Wavedashing and L-Canceling will make you focus.

Boy255
10-25-2015, 12:47 AM
U might buy a wii and get gamecube.Wii supports all features of gamecube,but its just that u need to buy a gamecube feature for some games,i.e ramble feature.

However,ik u have a wii u.But,idek,wii u is a real commercial failure,like virtual boy.
MK 8 looks really good in terms of graphics,but lvl designs are actually bad,compared to prev versions.Like rainbow road,theres so much stations around the track,its hard to see,and very easy to get motion sickness.

U can try maybe keeping your wii u for wii and wii u games(tho for wii games its best for u to play on wii,other then if u want 1080p on the wiiu).Like mario kart 6(wii),theres alot of characters,a few bikes&karts,but the track design there are very good.

For double dash,its really good,too.Sunshine,the spiritual succesor of m64,is probably my 3rd fav game(2nd is yoshi island series,1st is galaxy and galaxy 2).The graphics there are awesome for a gamecube,and really interesting storyline.

P.S Dont get mario kart 7.The graphics/resolution there are worser then gamecube(yes!)(for 3DS in general)and like oh my godness the tracks design is a disaster for a few.For 3DS worthy games are like super smash bros.Super mario bros 3D land can be finished in 2-3 hrs,not worth the money.

For you wii u,just get this games.(some in virtual consoles)
-Super mario bros 3D world(alot better then 3DS one imo)
-Galaxy 1&2(i feel like its super cool.Hope they make galaxy 3 in NX)
-MK 6&8
-Super smash bros

- - - Updated - - -

Super Smash Meele.

I had melee long ago,recovred a brawl one,realized the brawl one is really fun xD
But the fourth one,in general,is better.

|ThyLuigi|
10-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Get one! As for games, I would recommend THESE
Mario Kart Double Dash
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Pikmin 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: 1000 year Door
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Parties 4-7
Super Smash Bros Melee

YESSSSSS!!! Super Mario Sunshine is like cuddling kittens while high while flying in heaven. You must get it.

I've heard really good things about Super Smash Bros Melee and Paper Mario as well.
And I loved Pikmin 3, so I imagine 1 & 2 are also pretty good.

Obliderate
10-25-2015, 01:40 AM
YESSSSSS!!! Super Mario Sunshine is like cuddling kittens while high while flying in heaven. You must get it.

I've heard really good things about Super Smash Bros Melee and Paper Mario as well.
And I loved Pikmin 3, so I imagine 1 & 2 are also pretty good.

Pikmin 2 is epic
You get to Go in caves

|ThyLuigi|
10-25-2015, 02:05 AM
Pikmin 2 is epic
You get to Go in caves

You get to go in caves a few times in Pikmin 3 too.

Obliderate
10-25-2015, 03:34 AM
You get to go in caves a few times in Pikmin 3 too.

Yes but Pikmin 2 is all about the caves :rolleyes:
Its my favorite Pikmin :o

Conan
10-25-2015, 06:08 AM
Install homebrew channel :p

There is a way to play GC games when your Wii U is homebrewed.

LolDawn
10-25-2015, 04:52 PM

I know how to install homebrew but then again, I don't have SSBB
nosmashstack4me

- - - Updated - - -

Super Smash Meele.

I can't perfect pivot in Sm4sh.

Tech
10-25-2015, 04:54 PM

It voids your warranty tho. :p

AntoDecay
10-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Mario Kart Double Dash: The best Mario Kart

Tech
10-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Mario Kart Double Dash: The best Mario Kart

No.

MKWII.

ParkourDevil
10-25-2015, 07:10 PM
You have Wii U? Lucky you, there's this pokemon game coming next year that's one of the most realistic things i've ever seen...

|ThyLuigi|
10-25-2015, 07:55 PM
You have Wii U? Lucky you, there's this pokemon game coming next year that's one of the most realistic things i've ever seen...

There's a Pokemon video game for Wii U coming? Yussss, I haven't gotten to play any new Pokemon games for years.

LyveWyre
10-25-2015, 08:38 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Love GameCube. LOOOOVVVEEEEEE MYYYYY GAMECUBE. Definitely check for one on some sites like ebay, Kijiji, etc.

ParkourDevil
10-25-2015, 11:25 PM
There's a Pokemon video game for Wii U coming? Yussss, I haven't gotten to play any new Pokemon games for years.

Yeah, it's called Pokken Tournament! Here's the gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69p_yJQyQtc

LolDawn
10-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Got the controller (DOL-003), now I need to make the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

What game is it????? I need to play moar Pokemon

EDIT: found this crap on eBay

ParkourDevil
10-25-2015, 11:59 PM
Got the controller (DOL-003), now I need to make the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

What game is it????? I need to play moar Pokemon

EDIT: found this crap on eBay

Pokken Tournament :D
Look up my previous post, there's a link for the trailer

Magicalfishy
10-26-2015, 12:01 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure you can play Gamecube on the Wii side of your Wii U. :sweatdrop:

LolDawn
10-26-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure you can play Gamecube on the Wii side of your Wii U. :sweatdrop:

Nah, not quite. Only with Homebrew.