PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Forums!

Areodax
10-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Note that some may be Growtopian related, but I just don't give two (beep) about that.

FAQs
Q: ican be modereator!1!1!1
A: Don't expect a positive answer when you come in forums for the first time. You're bound to leave a crappy first impression to others, so I suggest not going to that route.

Q: (insert indescribable mumble here that doesn't construct into a sentence)
A: Instead of just wasting your time spamming, you could've found the cure for cancer.

Q: fgt everyone sucks more than me kek lololol
A: But you swallow.

Q: What's the forum about?
A: Either engaging in discussions about Growtopia, Seth's other games like Tanked and just relaxing and talking with people. It's a tiny community here, but we'd like more people to join in! Unless they're the people above. But people change, right?

Q: Are there rules here like in Growtopia?
A: Yeah. Best to obey them unless you like being banned.

Alright! Let's start the guide!

1. Don't be like the people above. Just because the forum is a place where Robmumu can pick moderators, doesn't mean all you have to do is construct a sentence that makes you seem nice and mod-worthy. Just spend your time helping people. Spamming won't do you much either, leaving the forum evenly divided on hating or liking you. And hate spreads hate, eventually coming back to you.

2. Mini-mods. If you are one of these people, you have a few options. Be nice and help everyone by posting guides that everyone already knows, repeating the rules over and being a try-hard or you can just help the forumers in the community by NOT doing the things mentioned above. Nearly no one likes mini-mods here, so expect to be hated more than last Christmas' fruitcake. I had a rotten one in the fridge and we never took it out since Magnezone said "its for an experiment.".

3. About the "wr0ng sub-forum" thing, it's usually because YOU POSTED IN THE WRONG SUB-FORUM. EVEN CAVEMEN COULDN'T BE LESS DENSE THAN THIS. Anyways, just obey the rules at least, and you won't expect an angry mob of forumers carrying skulls and weapons from other games.

4. We have only one Lord here, named Hakma. Respect our Lord or your butt will face divine retribution.
(Dedicated to Lord Hakma and Joshie, keeping the dream alive.)

5. There are different paths to choose when you apply your personality on the forums.. Either become a random person, like me for example, a "basher" like Coherence, a really helpful person, like Indicative or many others, a wise forumer, like Hans or Megazork, or a complete enigma, like SageDeoxys. Just stay who you are, and the path to you will be clear.

6. Have fun. Duh.

7. This forum has a diverse population from other countries, try not to be too offensive.

8. Engaging in activities made by forumers to have some fun or to become more well-known.

9. Some YouTubers post on this forum, like woshi and Cocobae. No need to fangirl while they make a post, just give em a compliment via PRIVATE MESSAGE. You can also message them if you wanna make a vid with them, unless their inbox is full.

10. Constructive criticism is welcome here. Don't be afraid to say it.

11. Any talents you'd like to share to the forums? Like making a video, singing or making fanfics? The first and last part, you can share in the Fan Creations sub-forum. Just say your talents when you wanna introduce yourself.

12. Read the whole thread before posting, so as to not create more misunderstandings.

13. Respect the work of others, unless it needs criticism. Applies on the Fan Creations sub-forum.

14. There are perverted people here. Be careful. (Me included.)

15. This is not Facebook or Twitter or insta. This site isn't for extremely personal stuff. Unless you need some help.

16. Some people lied to the whole forum about something, like their gender. For example is Megazork, who lied to the whole forum by telling them that he's a girl. It got quite out of hand after she said that. Anyways, lying about disease though, is just really...stupid. People will hate you for that. I do not intend to see an incident like bigpie247 or MySpice ever again.

17. There are children here too, not just teens, hairy men and old cat ladies.

18. You need grammar to make sense, that's why there's English class.

19. We like drama, but not the "i lost my items cri" kind of drama. Makes you look immature.

20. This is not 4chan, don't try to be edgy. Or being a "hacker".

21. Don't be afraid to show what you've found in YouTube. Funny stuff is needed. Unless its something offensive or filled with profanity.

22. Posting profanity makes you look immature.

23. If you make any sort of move on Cocomonkey, Areodax will hunt you down. Do not attempt it.

24. Everyone here is weird in their own way.

25. Texture packs or hack trainers for GT and posting them here is as illegal as smuggling. Don't do it.

26. Cringe once, get on the /b/ board.

27. If you wanna dive into the tiny culture of this forum, I suggest looking at old threads.

28. The RTSoft Tavern is LITERALLY WHERE YOU POST RANDOM STUFF, BUT NOT RELATED TO GROWTOPIA. This is already weird, and contradictory, but a rule nonetheless. In the Tavern, post anything that can interest anyone, as long as its age-friendly.

And I guess that's all for now! Enjoy the forums!
(If there's anything else you'd like to add, please reply, means a lot. Kek.)

Sky123456789
10-25-2015, 11:58 PM
Nice thread/guide areo

Linkoftime
10-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Actually i spit

Magicalfishy
10-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Awesome sauce guide Areo. :p

Areodax
10-26-2015, 12:05 AM
Nice thread/guide areo

Awesome sauce guide Areo. :p

Thanks guys. 'Preciate it.

Actually i spit

Spamming is less gross tho

- - - Updated - - -

I only worship filthy frank

leave franku outta this

Aunos
10-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Just scanned the whole thread xD

SageDeoxys
10-26-2015, 12:09 AM
5. There are different paths to choose when you apply your personality on the forums. Either become a random person, like me for example, a "basher" like Coherence, a really helpful person, like Indicative or many others, a wise forumer, like Hans or Megazork, or a complete enigma, like SageDeoxys. Just stay who you are, and the path to you will be clear.
What makes you think of me as enigmatic?

LolDawn
10-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Note that some may be Growtopian related, but I just don't give two (beep) about that.

FAQs
A: Don't expect a positive answer when you come in forums for the first time. You're bound to leave a crappy first impression to others, so I suggest not going to that route.

A: Instead of just wasting your time spamming, you could've found the cure for cancer.

A: Either engaging in discussions about Growtopia, Seth's other games like Tanked and just relaxing and talking with people. It's a tiny community here, but we'd like more people to join in! Unless they're the people above. But people change, right?

1. Don't be like the people above. Just because the forum is a place where Robmumu can pick moderators, doesn't mean all you have to do is construct a sentence that makes you seem nice and mod-worthy. Just spend your time helping people. Spamming won't do you much either, leaving the forum evenly divided on hating or liking you. And hate spreads hate, eventually coming back to you.

2. Mini-mods. If you are one of these people, you have a few options. Be nice and help everyone by posting guides that everyone already knows, repeating the rules over and being a try-hard or you can just help the forumers in the community by NOT doing the things mentioned above. Nearly no one likes mini-mods here, so expect to be hated more than last Christmas' fruitcake. I had a rotten one in the fridge and we never took it out since Magnezone said "its for an experiment.".

3. About the "wr0ng sub-forum" thing, it's usually because YOU POSTED IN THE WRONG SUB-FORUM. EVEN CAVEMEN COULDN'T BE LESS DENSE THAN THIS. Anyways, just obey the rules at least, and you won't expect an angry mob of forumers carrying skulls and weapons from other games.

4. We have only one Lord here, named Hakma. Respect our Lord or your butt will face divine retribution.

5. There are different paths to choose when you apply your personality on the forums.. Either become a random person, like me for example, a "basher" like Coherence, a really helpful person, like Indicative or many others, a wise forumer, like Hans or Megazork, or a complete enigma, like SageDeoxys. Just stay who you are, and the path to you will be clear.

6. Have fun. Duh.

7. This forum has a diverse population from other countries, try not to be too offensive.

8. Engaging in activities made by forumers to have some fun or to become more well-known.

9. Some YouTubers post on this forum, like woshi and Cocobae. No need to fangirl while they make a post, just give em a compliment via PRIVATE MESSAGE. You can also message them if you wanna make a vid with them, unless their inbox is full.

11. Any talents you'd like to share to the forums? Like making a video, singing or making fanfics? The first and last part, you can share in the Fan Creations sub-forum. Just say your talents when you wanna introduce yourself.

12. Read the whole thread before posting, so as to not create more misunderstandings.

13. Respect the work of others, unless it needs criticism. Applies on the Fan Creations sub-forum.

15. This is not Facebook or Twitter or insta. This site isn't for extremely personal stuff. Unless you need some help.

16. Some people lied to the whole forum about something, like their gender. For example is Megazork, who lied to the whole forum by telling them that he's a girl. It got quite out of hand after she said that. Anyways, lying about disease though, is just really...stupid. People will hate you for that. I do not intend to see an incident like bigpie247 or MySpice ever again.

19. We like drama, but not the "i lost my items cri" kind of drama. Makes you look immature.

21. Don't be afraid to show what you've found in YouTube. Funny stuff is needed. Unless its something offensive or filled with profanity.

(If there's anything else you'd like to add, please reply, means a lot. Kek.

and i said hey, hey ey ey

Imanapp_For_Teh_Win!
10-26-2015, 12:20 AM
23. If you make any sort of move on Cocomonkey, Areodax will hunt you down. Do not attempt it.

Areodax
10-26-2015, 06:10 AM
What makes you think of me as enigmatic?

I don't know you much, but you're pretty mysterious to me.

SageDeoxys
10-26-2015, 06:13 AM
I don't know you much, but you're pretty mysterious to me.

Well, as you said, this isn't social media. I ain't gonna be giving out my personal information to random people on the internet. To be honest, though, I've told you people on the forums more about myself in these past 2.5 years than I have in like 4 years on Facebook to my friends.

Indicative
10-26-2015, 07:36 AM
A very nice guide! :rolleyes:

Areodax
10-26-2015, 08:19 AM
A very nice guide! :rolleyes:

Coming from the guide-meister of the forums, its an honor. :hat:

Areodax
10-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Bumping up this guide.

Updated
10-29-2015, 04:53 AM
this desrvessss a bumperino

Kindness
10-29-2015, 07:27 AM

FAQs

6. Have fun. Duh.

24. Everyone here is weird in their own way.

25. Texture packs or hack trainers for GT and posting them here is as illegal as smuggling. Don't do it.

26. Cringe once, get on the /b/ board.

27. If you wanna dive into the tiny culture of this forum, I suggest looking at old threads.

28. The RTSoft Tavern is LITERALLY WHERE YOU POST RANDOM STUFF, BUT NOT RELATED TO GROWTOPIA. This is already weird, and contradictory, but a rule nonetheless. In the Tavern, post anything that can interest anyone, as long as its age-friendly.

(If there's anything else you'd like to add, please reply, means a lot. Kek.)

When i joined, i already knew what to do.
Help people with facts and opinions with offensive language.

Simple, just do it friendly. :)

Also, please #SUPPORT GLADIATOR PACK 2K16!
Link in my siggy and thanks. :)

Areodax
11-04-2015, 08:49 PM
The Forum Heart goes "ba-bump."

Tempting
11-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I find it funny how someone posts a guide in the Tavern when the new forum layout was to prevent this (The Guide Sub-Forum). I don't blame ya though.