PDA

View Full Version : Cardistry, card magic

TheSadZombie
10-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, I just made a video wich one i wanted to share with u- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jk2in3Bqq8 I would like to hear your comments :hat:

Anyone else here is doing card magic, cardistry? :3

Updated
10-26-2015, 11:05 AM
I do it but not by magic; I use luck, sometimes I got lucky and got ace then they thought that I'm a magician

DumbOldDoor
10-26-2015, 02:36 PM
I was into magic and cardisty (cardisty mostly) and even had some bigger performances in front of 100-200 people but I guess I kinda grew out of it... Haven't touched a deck of cards in maybe 6 months? I can still probably do most of the sleights like the pass (I don't remember the names anymore but the one where the top packet moves to the bottom and the other one too), a decent double lift, pinky count, anaconda, many many different flourishes, second and bottom count, waterfall and I could go on and on with this list...

Pretty nice! I really liked that sibyl cut with the triangle at the end (I hope that was a sibyl lol), your double lift technique is good but try to hold the double more naturally; it was kind of crampy there. That backpalm vanish was really good though, I could never do it very well. Maybe try to keep the card "vanished" for a tiny bit longer. Also, with some flourishes, don't rush so much. Do them smoothly and slowly. If you haven't yet then check out Zach Mueller's channel on youtube and look at the way he does flourishes. Hope some of this helps :)

Blitzkrieg
10-26-2015, 08:29 PM
I was into magic and cardisty (cardisty mostly) and even had some bigger performances in front of 100-200 people but I guess I kinda grew out of it... Haven't touched a deck of cards in maybe 6 months? I can still probably do most of the sleights like the pass (I don't remember the names anymore but the one where the top packet moves to the bottom and the other one too), a decent double lift, pinky count, anaconda, many many different flourishes, second and bottom count, waterfall and I could go on and on with this list...

Pretty nice! I really liked that sibyl cut with the triangle at the end (I hope that was a sibyl lol), your double lift technique is good but try to hold the double more naturally; it was kind of crampy there. That backpalm vanish was really good though, I could never do it very well. Maybe try to keep the card "vanished" for a tiny bit longer. Also, with some flourishes, don't rush so much. Do them smoothly and slowly. If you haven't yet then check out Zach Mueller's channel on youtube and look at the way he does flourishes. Hope some of this helps :)

I was into cardistry about 2 years ago, though I can still do some basic stuff.

imustachyou
10-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Wow that's cool...

Was the vanishing card thing at the end rly hard to do? How'd you do it?

TheSadZombie
10-27-2015, 10:13 AM

Thank you for tips, I will try to improve all the moves and make them smoother (if it is a word, smooth+er) and don't rush, because it really makes everything crappier. I hadn't big performance so far, biggest I had was for like 10 peoples :sweatdrop:

Btw, It is sybil

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that's cool...

Was the vanishing card thing at the end rly hard to do? How'd you do it?

It wasn't easy but practice makes perfect :sweatdrop:, how i did it- magic ;)