PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me?

Comment
10-26-2015, 10:17 PM
For some theoretical reason, I am waaaaay too nice. I give random newbies world locks, 24 newbies to be exact, and yet I still don't get back anything! I get scammed by this a lot, and I would like to ask from you guys. Should I stop being nice..?

Polar
10-26-2015, 10:19 PM
i know how you feel, i try to help but sometimes it seems just impossible. we just have to keep doing it, because it's worth to see the smiles

SageDeoxys
10-26-2015, 10:21 PM
For some theoretical reason, I am waaaaay too nice. I give random newbies world locks, 24 newbies to be exact, and yet I still don't get back anything! I get scammed by this a lot, and I would like to ask from you guys. Should I stop being nice..?

You don't have to stop being nice to people, you just don't have to give people all you got. Stop being gullible, most of them probably aren't even newbies.

Also, wrong subforum.

DarkMazter
10-26-2015, 10:25 PM
There are certain ways you can be nice while actually meaning it. Donating to random newbies: that hardly has an effect on some people because some will just use it for unuseful purposes.

Other ways to help are like teaching people how to earn world locks; teach someone how to create one of their first worlds; teach players how to use items; or even teach or help out basically anything. (As long as it's appropriate, lol)

Definitely don't stop being nice, but change up the "nice" things you do. Certain people will only beg for donations and don't want to even farm, and that happens A LOT. There are those people; however, that really want to learn how to play this game and be good at it. Help anyone who truly needs help, and don't really expect prizes or appraisal in the end. Just having the satisfaction of truly helping someone is AWESOME. I love it.

I hope this helped

MUSICANGEL
10-26-2015, 10:27 PM
So your donating to newbies because you want to get back more than you give? Maybe that why karma isn't on your side lol.

Aquarious
10-26-2015, 10:30 PM
It's good to be nice, but if you are too nice all the time- people WILL take advantage of you.
Set limits for yourself and know when you need to make things clear with people. Kindness isn't always weakness, but it can be.

p.s- don't always expect getting something in return for being "nice"

Rockytop
10-26-2015, 10:32 PM
There ain't nothing wrong with being nice

Kragor
10-27-2015, 12:01 AM

You shouldn't expect something back, you should be grateful how generous you're. If you're just giving and "think" you'll get something back, then I'll suggest not giving at all.

Remember you don't necessary have to give item(s) just be helpful, teaching them how to earn... is every more helpful, actually.

Megazork
10-27-2015, 12:39 AM
Yes there is something wrong with you, you should seek treatment immediately.

RexStar
10-27-2015, 12:49 AM
U can continue being nice but don't give wls to newbies...

lol... Newbie don't get how much is a wl worth... Most of the time... so teach em how to get a wl for them selfs don't just give it to them... If thay don't want to learn, thay'll just have to learn it the hard way a.k.a. On thare own. You can give em a small lock or house entrance just don't go over board... I still sometimes donate 2 the guy who though me some basics in gt... Because he actually thought me something he didn't just give me free stuff... I forgot the names of all the people who gave me free stuff... But that's kinda logical...

Comment
10-27-2015, 12:50 AM
When I meant "something back", I meant no thank you from the newbies ._.

BudderMeow
10-27-2015, 12:55 AM
There isn't anything wrong with you but instead of donating to them, how about helping or teaching them how to earn wls fast? That way, you can still help and not get scammed.