PDA

View Full Version : Quarks

|ThyLuigi|
10-28-2015, 03:36 AM
Okay, so my chemistry teacher is trying to edge us into the periodic table, having us lean about alkali earth metals, noble gases, ect. and she mentioned quarks briefly, so I decided to do some* research about them. The 6 known types of Quarks are Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, and Charm. Now, I can't help thinking about how scientists could end up having a smaller table of quarks, similar to the periodic table of elements. Oh yeah, Quarks make up these things called hadrons, examples of some hadrons are protons and neutrons, I assume not electrons because it's thought to be more of a wave-like thing. Now, what do you think about these Quarks?

*Almost none

JOSHIE63
10-28-2015, 03:40 AM
I thought quarks were the smaller particles inside atoms. I could be wrong, but then again, chemistry was years ago.

|ThyLuigi|
10-28-2015, 03:45 AM
I thought quarks were the smaller particles inside atoms. I could be wrong, but then again, chemistry was years ago.

Quarks make up hadrons, hadrons are protons and neutrons, neutrons, protons, and electrons make up atoms, and you know the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quarks are smaller than everything else that exists

That we know of. If we can ever make microscopes good enough to actually see quarks we might be able to detect somekind of smaller building block.

JOSHIE63
10-28-2015, 04:05 AM
Quarks make up hadrons, hadrons are protons and neutrons, neutrons, protons, and electrons make up atoms, and you know the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

That we know of. If we can ever make microscopes good enough to actually see quarks we might be able to detect somekind of smaller building block.

I was trying to read while glancing over this. Also, it is almost 11:00 P.M. here. I am not a multitasker. My bad. :confused:

m456
10-28-2015, 12:13 PM

And my chemistry teacher said that atoms were the smallest existing things ._.