PDA

View Full Version : A letter directed to most past conflicts and the community

AtomicShadow
10-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Just a random contemplation from a forgotten relic of the past. :prophet:

Dear everyone.

I am sincerely disappointed in those of you who have fallen into an anarchistic state simply because a thorn on a rose has pricked you. Frankly, it peeves me to see unnecessary hype being built over a scar that can be healed through understanding, not disdain. I hate it with every nerve of my body when people just fuel a fire, not stop it. Why must you create more negativity when you can build positive feelings in everyone? Growtopia is, after all, a game that lets you escape reality into a beautifully strange universe filled with positive graphics (mostly, exceptions being those eerie blocks). Why cancel that out when you can improve it? By the end of the day what really matters is that you smile, not be filled with angst.

Back on track, I've noticed that many conflicts have arisen due to misunderstanding. Multiple biases come into play as to which side wins, and that's normal for us humans. False stories are written. I wish to enlighten you with bits of info I have learned from reading an article written by someone who catches my fancy as well as a few of my own.

No info is better than wrong info.
Understand both sides PoV.
Trust is something earned once and lost forever.
Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean you get the right to drive him to the extent of social outcasting or dehumanization.
Remember the human. (reddiquette)

Trust me, I was immoral too. Was, not is. I disregarded the side I did not take interest in. It lead to horrid consequences. I lied. I faced my fair share of stabs. I stabbed a friends back. Guilt only piled until I left that burden by telling my friend the truth. My point here is that you shouldn't deceitfully create fallacious musings nor should you see in an egocentric perspective. We need less of those people.

I'd rather not see a cruel new generation of people that bashes on those who juxtapose from their ideals. Indifference is rather idiotic concept on a game designed for creativity in digital entrepreneurship and canvas painting. The latter, I refer to world building. Don't be unwilling to new ideas and change.

Ultimately, my desire for this community is not to see it flourish with, forgive the incredibly immature term, butts-for-faces but for its members to leave with a proper set of morals. Truthfully, I wish your morality would be tenfold mines. I know there is that bit of you that holds this, so unlock it. Take time away from Growtopia, away from the negative members and just relax, reminisce, and remember that you wanted to be the very best in the world, not the scum of the earth.

Don't end up making the real world like END, a nihilistic world with dark desires and grim scenery. Anarchy isn't what we must fall into when disaster strikes, but rather in unity we stay resilient.

From your friend and former moderator, Christian (my irl name)

Also, do me a favor. Don't feed the demon of hatred. I used to do that and I deeply regret it. Pessimism isn't a good thing. Stay optimistic and hold a cheery smile everyone. You guys have hurt me with deceitful and hurting words and socially pressured me yet have enamored me with this passion to serve. For that, I thank you all for giving me more purpose to smile: one to serve and another to see that I can serve.

Nocte Pluma signing out.

P.S. This isn't me saying hello or goodbye, despite the seeming contradiction in the previous line. Just something that I've been holding in my chest. I have no specific target with this post, but if it seems like it, feel free to take it down.

mrthadawee
10-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Here here... Perhaps some among us who feel inclined to jump on numerous drama bandwagons read this and realize the meaning behind it.

Ehud
10-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Great post. I agree with all the above 100%.

Remember, it takes more muscles to frown than smile! :)

Selling
10-29-2015, 04:54 PM

Dear everyone.

I am sincerely disappointed in those of you who have fallen into an anarchistic state simply because a thorn on a rose has pricked you. Frankly, it peeves me to see unnecessary hype being built over a scar that can be healed through understanding, not disdain. I hate it with every nerve of my body when people just fuel a fire, not stop it. Why must you create more negativity when you can build positive feelings in everyone? Growtopia is, after all, a game that lets you escape reality into a beautifully strange universe filled with positive graphics (mostly, exceptions being those eerie blocks). Why cancel that out when you can improve it? By the end of the day what really matters is that you smile, not be filled with angst.

Back on track, I've noticed that many conflicts have arisen due to misunderstanding. Multiple biases come into play as to which side wins, and that's normal for us humans. False stories are written. I wish to enlighten you with bits of info I have learned from reading an article written by someone who catches my fancy as well as a few of my own.

Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean you get the right to drive him to the extent of social outcasting or dehumanization.

Trust me, I was immoral too. Was, not is. I disregarded the side I did not take interest in. It lead to horrid consequences. I lied. I faced my fair share of stabs. I stabbed a friends back. Guilt only piled until I left that burden by telling my friend the truth. My point here is that you shouldn't deceitfully create fallacious musings nor should you see in an egocentric perspective. We need less of those people.

I'd rather not see a cruel new generation of people that bashes on those who juxtapose from their ideals. Indifference is rather idiotic concept on a game designed for creativity in digital entrepreneurship and canvas painting. The latter, I refer to world building. Don't be unwilling to new ideas and change.

Ultimately, my desire for this community is not to see it flourish with, forgive the incredibly immature term, butts-for-faces but for its members to leave with a proper set of morals. Truthfully, I wish your morality would be tenfold mines. I know there is that bit of you that holds this, so unlock it. Take time away from Growtopia, away from the negative members and just relax, reminisce, and remember that you wanted to be the very best in the world, not the scum of the earth.

Don't end up making the real world like END, a nihilistic world with dark desires and grim scenery. Anarchy isn't what we must fall into when disaster strikes, but rather in unity we stay resilient.

Also, do me a favor. Don't feed the demon of hatred. I used to do that and I deeply regret it. Pessimism isn't a good thing. Stay optimistic and hold a cheery smile everyone. You guys have hurt me with deceitful and socially pressured and have enamored me with

Nocte Pluma signing out.

P.S. This isn't me saying hello or goodbye, despite the seeming contradiction in the previous line. Just something that I've been holding in my chest. I have no specific target with this post, but if it seems like it, feel free to take it down.

Cool cool just a bit too long, got lost after the 2nd sentence

Rawrzi
10-29-2015, 06:00 PM
"If the shoe fits, feel free to wear it."
They will learn to act in good manners as they realize the forums is much more strict now than before.
also Atom, I think the words you've used is too complicated for players that are still young.

I am also wondering why post it on the tavern instead?

26FtW26
10-29-2015, 08:04 PM
They will learn to act in good manners as they realize the forums is much more strict now than before.
also Atom, I think the words you've used is too complicated for players that are still young.

I am also wondering why post it on the tavern instead?

but what if it's not my shoe?

Dinobones62
10-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Hear hear!

Magicalfishy
10-29-2015, 08:12 PM
I completely hear you out Christian, and I totally agree with you. Seeing the horrible conclusions (not to mention without evidence) people have been coming up with lately just utterly disgusting. The sad part of all this is that the community will become worse and worse over time... it will never be what it once was. Logical and smart people will come and go, but the sheep will always dominate the population of this community.

JOSHIE63
10-29-2015, 08:48 PM
First, to extricate the random thoughts: Atomic Shadow, you are a eloquent writer. Perhaps more verbose for most of the community can comprehend, but great nonetheless; I tend to fall into the category of borderline illegible when I write (which is ironic because I am a pessimist), which is why I must remain partial to simplicity, yet do not sell myself out for idiotic argot.

Without digressing any further, I must allude to one of the concluding statements, which claimed pessimism to be a negative. Of course, it is. However, quantities of optimism I divulge in my pretentious facade are just what they may seem — a paltry masquerade of half-hearted acting. To shift my paradigm of the world because of a game's benefit is unrealistic and contradicts my own words that remaining loyal to oneself is undeniably a irreplaceable value. The boundaries of pessimism really are a one-sided argument — there are none. Equally, there are; scruples determine the extent of negativity and where lines are redrawn.

I suppose the intention of that paragraph was vexedly nebulous, but there is no bias in it — all perspective. There are no rights or wrongs to perspective — nihilistic modicums and devout zealots — nothing can be proven in a test of morality. Acrid bitterness may resonate amongst the community; who is the individual to stop it? No rules are broken, no debris to clean up; of course, all speech from the brainwashed carnivals on power trips. As much as one would love to repudiate that minor misdemeanors in the eyes of the majority are harmless, what is punishable?

Possibly, I took the speech too literally. Though, I am not an acrimonious politician desperate to win, I am the conscience of another viewpoint; paragon of what civil is (model after me, ill-tempered children; greatest narcissist of all time's trainee ;)). I wish all opinions came across as calm as this one.

Megazork
10-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Spot on, fellow Moonieman.

Updated
10-30-2015, 02:15 AM

Because of you, my mom scolded me.

Areodax
10-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Couldn't agree more.

James Bond
10-30-2015, 02:49 AM
A bit hard to read this post because of the complicated style of writing words.

Bruce Wayne
10-30-2015, 03:08 AM

Dear everyone.

Also, do me a favor. Don't feed the demon of hatred. I used to do that and I deeply regret it. Pessimism isn't a good thing. Stay optimistic and hold a cheery smile everyone. You guys have hurt me with deceitful and hurting words and socially pressured me yet have enamored me with this passion to serve. For that, I thank you all for giving me more purpose to smile: one to serve and another to see that I can serve.

Nocte Pluma signing out.

So, this is a extended version of "United we stand, divided we fall."

Cool, but I didn't read it fully. I only skimmed it. Sorry.