PDA

View Full Version : Creating a community?

Magicalfishy
11-03-2015, 03:13 AM
Original post:
So I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to make a group up of people you love to hang with and create an active community in which you can actively converse with? I've always figured that it would be much better to have a community outside of the Growtopian community so we can get to know eachother better, and even stay in contact for years if not as long as the internet lasts. Friendships will last forever, but in all honesty Growtopia (nor your time in it) will last forever. I'm not sure how I would create this community just quite yet, but I do have some ideas. So if you like getting together, chatting, gaming, having someone to talk to, having someone to get adivce/tips from, etc with other people then just tell me what you think. We'd probably use one main form of contact and have a few side forms of contact like skype, kik, or something else. Maybe even a message board, website, or chat box of some sorts.

SO, if you are interested, please do reply to this thread and give me your thoughts/ideas! :p

BUT, just know that this idea WILL NOT WORK without YOUR activeness in the community, so I need your guys' help.

NOTICE 11/10/2015:
We have begun developing the website today. Please empty/check your inboxes to see if you have received an invite. If you have received an invite this early, it means you are either joining the development team, moderation team, or design team. If you have not received a pm from us, you have either a full inbox, or you have not yet been chosen. Please note that today is the day that we have begun the actual process of development. It will be a work in progress until the promised release of December.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/5/2015

So, we've already begun planning. We will have a forum, a chatbox, a blog/news thing, and tons of other cool stuff like items, name colors, universal accounts (meaning we can use the same account across the chatbox and forum), friend list, etc. We definitely need more ideas and many more suggestions as this will be a community by the community for the community.

BETA RELEASE: December 2015

FYI: Everything will be coded by the team.

Q & A

Q: What's your goal?
A: Well, not everybody enjoys these forums as much as they used to... we want to sort of bring that nogalista back. But our main goal is to keep everyone in contact with each other. Growtopia and your time in it is limited. The friendships you wish to last as long as the internet simply cannot last without other means of contact. I don't want to lose all the awesome internet friends I have made through Growtopia... our goal is to keep you and your friends TOGETHER as long as the internet lasts.

Q: You said this was a non-game specific community, but you're using the domain Growtopian.com?
A: Well, technically it will be a social website for you, your friends, and I. But it will be somewhat based around Growtopia, but not specifically for Growtopia. The website will include news and sub-forums related to Growtopia, but honestly it will be a place where we come together from something in common... Growtopia!

Q: Why would you make a community website?
A: So we can keep in touch, have fun with social features, meet new people, and play games with others! This community will be somewhat based off of Growtopia, but we will not be just talking about Growtopia. It will be more like a "main" board for Growtopia, and other things like something like the Tavern and other jazz. We want to create a more mature community than we have previously known. We will however stay family-friendly, just not little kiddy.

Q: Are you copying RTsoft?
A: No. We're coming up with completely original ideas. C:

Q: Will I get punished for telling someone to "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread?" or calling someone a sock?
A: No. We don't work that way.

Q: You said something about beta?
A: Yeah, we will be using that beta month of December to filter out impersonators and just to test the website in general.

Q: Can I join the team?
A: Sure! We're currently looking for artists/graphic artists, a support team, moderators, promoters, designers, and coders!

Q: Does this cost you guys anything?
A: Well yes, obviously it costs us a bit to keep it running, but he who hosts the website has it covered. However, we will possibly enable a donation feature in which you can help support the site and get cool perks, but this will be completely up to you and not forced at all. I also don't want to necessarily accept large donations or leave anyone out on cool features... we'll see how this will all work out.

Indicative
11-03-2015, 03:14 AM
Sure, why not?

ElectroDream
11-03-2015, 03:15 AM
Add me on kik.

JOSHIE63
11-03-2015, 03:18 AM
If you are willing to lead it, I would be in. Anyone else leading it would be absolutely pitiful — and I do mean anyone else. I know I need somewhere where I can actually give impromptu opinions without trepidation of unreasonable punishment.

Clarken (ciarken)
11-03-2015, 03:19 AM
Kik: Clarken

Magicalfishy
11-03-2015, 03:20 AM
If you are willing to lead it, I would be in. Anyone else leading it would be absolutely pitiful — and I do mean anyone else. I know I need somewhere where I can actually give impromptu opinions without trepidation of unreasonable punishment.

For sure. We'll need to come up with a name and jazz too. But don't worry, any corrupted power will not be tolerated. I want a chill place where we don't have to have any worries. :o

SageDeoxys
11-03-2015, 03:35 AM
For sure. We'll need to come up with a name and jazz too. But don't worry, any corrupted power will not be tolerated. I want a chill place where we don't have to have any worries. :o

I'd join, as long as its on a website, cuz my crappy tablet is crappy and can't download Kik or Skype.

AidanDX
11-03-2015, 03:36 AM
So I've been thinking, wouldn't it be cool to make a group up of people you love to hang with and create an active community in which you can actively converse with? I've always figured that it would be much better to have a community outside of the Growtopian community so we can get to know eachother better, and even stay in contact for years if not as long as the internet lasts. Friendships will last forever, but in all honesty Growtopia (nor your time in it) will last forever. I'm not sure how I would create this community just quite yet, but I do have some ideas. So if you like getting together, chatting, gaming, having someone to talk to, having someone to get adivce/tips from, etc with other people then just tell me what you think. We'd probably use one main form of contact and have a few side forms of contact like skype, kik, or something else. Maybe even a message board, website, or chat box of some sorts.

SO, if you are interested, please do reply to this thread and give me your thoughts/ideas! :p

(Once we get ideas jotted down we can start things up, but I definitely want to find a main source of communication with a few sub/alternate use sources).

BUT, just know that this idea WILL NOT WORK without YOUR activeness in the community, so I need your guys' help.

Replied.
I would love to join!

Megazork
11-03-2015, 04:55 AM
Last community we made didn't go so well because the basic moderation carried the activity of the community, phew it was sad.

I'm up for whatever you decide on you little mf (Magical Fishy hehehehe)

S-NiteFury(Striker1)
11-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Seems interesting. I'll join too.

SageDeoxys
11-03-2015, 05:33 AM
Last community we made didn't go so well because the basic moderation carried the activity of the community, phew it was sad.

Are you referring to Growtopian hub?

bubblehubble_
11-03-2015, 05:38 AM
This would be really cool. Kik is a good idea; though spam is something I'd like to avoid >-<

Group chat on a site? I can create a website purely for this or something!

Blitzkrieg
11-03-2015, 05:52 AM
Kik isnt the option imo

Maybe something like groupie?

Magicalfishy
11-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Definitely, only this time we won't be making a Growtopian specific community. And this time I won't make the mistake of going inactive, and hopefully nobody else does either. I want this community to be a thing that lasts as long as the internet. You always have a bud or two to play or chat with. I'd much rather create a website with chat communication features and have room for news and stuff. Kinda what the old wordpress did. If you ever joined a clubpenguin army back in the day, you'll remember. I'll look into this hardcore so we can create the best possible gaming community out there. C:

Heck, I'll probably dish out my own money to host it. Thanks though D0GE, but we need something that is 100% dedicated and will last as long as the internet.

Magicalfishy
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Pro tip: stay away from most free hosting services, especially those that aren't a VPS - turn a deaf ear to me if you want, once it scales up they'll find excuses to make you pay. CPPSes either host (usually) or just self host.

I'm surprised rtsoft.technology isn't taken yet
https://i.gyazo.com/d684709837ee9ecb3e04398794763b6f.png

I do have a raspberry pi lying around and it's up now

- - - Updated - - -

WAIT WHAT

https://i.gyazo.com/ab305f168294eb0db000d8185fa33dd6.png

I'll definitely pay for hosting and jazz. I'll just need to find the right type of website now... :sweatdrop:
Maybe I'll even make a donation page for extra help to keep it going. (Not that I won't have enough money).

smartsmile
11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
I have always been thinking about one of these myself and making it with my own close gaming friends, it wouldn't be the same if yours got too big and no one really knew each other

Magicalfishy
11-03-2015, 03:12 PM
I have always been thinking about one of these myself and making it with my own close gaming friends, it wouldn't be the same if yours got too big and no one really knew each other

It'll start small and maybe stay small or get to a medium size. However, we'll have everyone make a "get to know me" type thread. Then everyone can get to know each other a lot better than we could here. :p

michaelhans10
11-03-2015, 03:21 PM

(Once we get ideas jotted down we can start things up, but I definitely want to find a main source of communication with a few sub/alternate use sources).

Sure , why not?
add me on kik?

- - - Updated - - -

Kik: michaelnacorn

wanna skype?
michael.hans60

what yours?
both of these always active :D no worries lol

Just that. need more call meh(Pm) :D

Mark Jason Santorce
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Add me in :) This looks fun :cool:

Magicalfishy
11-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Anyone else interested?

Rockytop
11-04-2015, 02:11 AM
Count me in. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-greet009.gif

HerobrineFan
11-04-2015, 03:40 AM
I am in :crazy:

michaelhans10
11-04-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm in brotha

Magicalfishy
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Does anyone else have ideas for this community? :p

Rockytop
11-04-2015, 03:23 PM
How about a world where we all can meet up at and do whatever we can?

Magicalfishy
11-04-2015, 03:25 PM
How about a world where we all can meet up at and do whatever we can?

Well yes, but essentially I want another means of communication.

Magicalfishy
11-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Update: We are now in the planning stage. A certain someone has agreed to help us out... Big time. C:

Obliderate
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Count me in like french fries in a pea pod

|ThyLuigi|
11-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Well, what's wrong with staying here in the RTSoft Tavern, and if anything happens to the forum, we can make up somekind of idea.

Either way, I'm interested.

SageDeoxys
11-05-2015, 01:58 AM
Well, what's wrong with staying here in the RTSoft Tavern, and if anything happens to the forum, we can make up somekind of idea.

Either way, I'm interested.

The thing is, if something does happen to this forum, we won't have a proper way to communicate with eachother to regroup. Its best we start now and not when our chance is gone.

raqk
11-05-2015, 02:07 AM
I've actually always wanted to start a forum that's not oriented towards any one topic. Most forums are support forums for games and whatever, but I've always wanted to just have a forum for the sake of foruming, and for the sake of having a community...

Anyways, I'm in.

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 02:59 AM
I've actually always wanted to start a forum that's not oriented towards any one topic. Most forums are support forums for games and whatever, but I've always wanted to just have a forum for the sake of foruming, and for the sake of having a community...

Anyways, I'm in.

We can actually create something as good as these forums. But I'd also love to add a chatbox and blog that updates you on the game. We may be using the domain name of growtopian.com. :panic:

MyLegGuy
11-05-2015, 03:00 AM
Interesting idea, I'm in!

I don't really know anybody here well, and I doubt anybody knows me.

Update: We are now in the planning stage. A certain someone has agreed to help us out... Big time. C:

But you won't say who this person is? Why not?

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 03:01 AM
Interesting idea, I'm in!

I don't really know anybody here well, and I doubt anybody knows me.

But you won't say who this person is? Why not?

He'll be anonymous until he gives me permission to proclaim his name to the public. :sweatdrop:

I'll probably bring Aquarious into the bandwagon to do concept art for the website. No, if she refuses I will kidnap her and force her to do it. No pressure. :D

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 03:09 AM
Could you announce the people who you've accepted? Or are you just planning on letting everyone in

Everyone will be granted permission. I may have him make it so we have to accept your membership so we can verify that you are not impersonating anyone. :p

SageDeoxys
11-05-2015, 03:10 AM
Everyone will be granted permission. I may have him make it so we have to accept your membership so we can verify that you are not impersonating anyone. :p

Inb4 someone uses your name and ruins your reputation.

Aquarious
11-05-2015, 03:21 AM
He'll be anonymous until he gives me permission to proclaim his name to the public. :sweatdrop:

I'll probably bring Aquarious into the bandwagon to do concept art for the website. No, if she refuses I will kidnap her and force her to do it. No pressure. :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/ca/32/a8ca3297bd1aa1d226f3224bb6717951.gif

nahh I'm just joking, sounds cool.
I might join, but I don't want it to end up like masked or our comet story...

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 03:23 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/ca/32/a8ca3297bd1aa1d226f3224bb6717951.gif

nahh I'm just joking, sounds cool.
I might join, but I don't want it to end up like masked or our comet story...

Don't worry. I'll make sure it stays active, and it will be so nice you won't even want to leave.

Also, that project is nowhere near off my list. I'm preparing to make a trailer this month and we can release the first season in Q1 of 2016. :p

My dream is to keep my online friends for life... I can't stand the thought of losing you guys... that's a very painful feeling.

Areodax
11-05-2015, 07:16 AM
FB group in my sig is nearly dead.

Why not?

Equine
11-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Is there a Growtopia Reddit yet?

Boy255
11-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Is there a Growtopia Reddit yet?

Its going to be me if anyone else to create the subreddit,i was the first to suggest this a while ago :3

Equine
11-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Its going to be me if anyone else to create the subreddit,i was the first to suggest this a while ago :3

There already is one, but it's pretty trashy

michaelhans10
11-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Don't worry. I'll make sure it stays active, and it will be so nice you won't even want to leave.

Also, that project is nowhere near off my list. I'm preparing to make a trailer this month and we can release the first season in Q1 of 2016. :p

My dream is to keep my online friends for life... I can't stand the thought of losing you guys... that's a very painful feeling.

Your wish, will be come true, make chat group on kik or skype :) it kinda look FUN

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 10:13 PM
We're planning right now... we definitely help mapping this out and adding ideas.

Obliderate
11-05-2015, 10:22 PM
We're planning right now... we definitely help mapping this out and adding ideas.

How long do you think this will take?

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 10:29 PM
How long do you think this will take?

To get the full website up and running, forums, chatbox, user interface, user features, and possibly items and other cool junk... we're looking at about 3 weeks. He is currently busy for the next two weeks, so we won't be able to actually work on the website itself until then. I'd give it about a week max after we are able to get a crack at it. By December we should be up and running.

Dodo Wizard
11-05-2015, 11:11 PM
This sounds like a great idea. As I have low technical knowledge, take my moral support.

Magicalfishy
11-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Uhh fishy, I thought this was a group? I don't understand why a seperate forums is needed. Seems cool none-the-less

Well, I was planning on creating that alternate community anyways. This seems like the perfect time to introduce it. However, this website won't just be a forum. We do however need a forum for obvious reasons. But do keep in mind, it won't just be the forums! This will be a community SOCIAL website. :p

|ThyLuigi|
11-06-2015, 04:36 AM
Well, I was planning on creating that alternate community anyways. This seems like the perfect time to introduce it. However, this website won't just be a forum. We do however need a forum for obvious reasons. But do keep in mind, it won't just be the forums! This will be a community SOCIAL website. :p

So, will this forum be gaming focused? If so, it'll fail. There has to be a lot more than just that, it should really be a general forum concerning things from gaming to literature to school to art.

Magicalfishy
11-06-2015, 02:15 PM
So, will this forum be gaming focused? If so, it'll fail. There has to be a lot more than just that, it should really be a general forum concerning things from gaming to literature to school to art.

No. It's just going to be a social community where you talk about anything. It will all kinda center around Growtopia because that's how we met. :p

hammerkraz
11-06-2015, 10:05 PM
I am Interested in moderating message me the details I can help alot!

Magicalfishy
11-07-2015, 12:13 AM
I am Interested in moderating message me the details I can help alot!

Alright, I'll take you into consideration. Thanks.

hammerkraz
11-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Bumping this up

l0l
11-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Hey Fishy! Dont know if you still remember me, but I helped you make that growtopianhub forum (which is pretty dead now). Anyways, I would like to join the project if possible. Im not sure if I can actually help with coding, perhaps there are better people than me, but I do know some basic web programming. That's pretty much it :D

I also own a domain name pre-paid for 1 more year from now, and a hosting pre-paid for 3 months (I will update it regularly). The name is growtopian.info, so if anything, we could perhaps link them or something. Just saying.

NopTryu
11-07-2015, 12:03 PM
exciting! I support (no money :P soz lol)

Magicalfishy
11-07-2015, 03:51 PM
exciting! I support (no money :P soz lol)

That's totally fine. We probably won't even need support from others for a while anyways. C:

Hey Fishy! Dont know if you still remember me, but I helped you make that growtopianhub forum (which is pretty dead now). Anyways, I would like to join the project if possible. Im not sure if I can actually help with coding, perhaps there are better people than me, but I do know some basic web programming. That's pretty much it :D

I also own a domain name pre-paid for 1 more year from now, and a hosting pre-paid for 3 months (I will update it regularly). The name is growtopian.info, so if anything, we could perhaps link them or something. Just saying.

Sure, we could definitely use your help.

hammerkraz
11-07-2015, 04:03 PM
That's totally fine. We probably won't even need support from others for a while anyways. C:

Sure, we could definitely use your help.

I could also help plan I am bored its saturday i need something to do XD

I want to do something!

Hypnoid
11-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I would like to join, but I don't use kik or Skype ( I do have a Skype, but I don't want to share my personal info and I'm lazy to open Skype).

Areodax
11-07-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm interested in moderating the site too.

Mainly since I know the boundaries of what is to be posted. And 4chan.

And i can't wait for it! Just like the repeatedly delayed Mother 4!

NopTryu
11-08-2015, 01:41 AM
I wanna join the team and help :P IDK if you want more member or not.I'm not much good at coding because all I know is a basic C++ (scored 37/40 in test).
If you want more member what do I need to join? -w-

|ThyLuigi|
11-08-2015, 03:03 AM

10/10 for websites.

Anyway, what're you guys coding the website in?

Updated
11-08-2015, 03:38 AM
Is this ready?

Spencer1221
11-08-2015, 04:15 AM
Original post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/5/2015

So, we've already begun planning. We will have a forum, a chatbox, a blog/news thing, and tons of other cool stuff like items, name colors, universal accounts (meaning we can use the same account across the chatbox and forum), friend list, etc. We definitely need more ideas and many more suggestions as this will be a community by the community for the community.

BETA RELEASE: December 2015

FYI: Everything will be coded by the team.

Q & A

Q: What's your goal?
A: Well, not everybody enjoys these forums as much as they used to... we want to sort of bring that nogalista back. But our main goal is to keep everyone in contact with each other. Growtopia and your time in it is limited. The friendships you wish to last as long as the internet simply cannot last without other means of contact. I don't want to lose all the awesome internet friends I have made through Growtopia... our goal is to keep you and your friends TOGETHER as long as the internet lasts.

Q: You said this was a non-game specific community, but you're using the domain Growtopian.com?
A: Well, technically it will be a social website for you, your friends, and I. But it will be somewhat based around Growtopia, but not specifically for Growtopia. The website will include news and sub-forums related to Growtopia, but honestly it will be a place where we come together from something in common... Growtopia!

Q: Why would you make a community website?
A: So we can keep in touch, have fun with social features, meet new people, and play games with others! This community will be somewhat based off of Growtopia, but we will not be just talking about Growtopia. It will be more like a "main" board for Growtopia, and other things like something like the Tavern and other jazz. We want to create a more mature community than we have previously known. We will however stay family-friendly, just not little kiddy.

Q: Are you copying RTsoft?
A: No. We're coming up with completely original ideas. C:

Q: Will I get punished for telling someone to "go smell a piece of chicken you piece of bread?" or calling someone a sock?
A: No. We don't work that way.

Q: You said something about beta?
A: Yeah, we will be using that beta month of December to filter out impersonators and just to test the website in general.

Q: Can I join the team?
A: Sure! We're currently looking for artists/graphic artists, a support team, moderators, promoters, designers, and coders!

Q: Does this cost you guys anything?
A: Well yes, obviously it costs us a bit to keep it running, but he who hosts the website has it covered. However, we will possibly enable a donation feature in which you can help support the site and get cool perks, but this will be completely up to you and not forced at all. I also don't want to necessarily accept large donations or leave anyone out on cool features... we'll see how this will all work out.

Ok I am learning coding :P but im not so good yet.... Im getting there and would love to help when I get there lol. Alsoooo I can design shtuffs.... so yeah lol. Im would also moderate im a trustworthy guy and I hope to make friends with you all :o

Magicalfishy
11-08-2015, 02:59 PM

10/10 for websites.

Anyway, what're you guys coding the website in?

We own the domain, but we haven't worked on the website yet. I'm also not doing any coding, I'm just making ideas and helping with the design. He has told me what he will be using to code with, but I don't remember what he said. Coding is a whole different language to me. C:

Is this ready?

December 2015

I'm online when you aren't :(

Add my skype, I believe it's magicalfishytv.

Jack Bowe
11-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Ooh, this is interesting; I'm in. :o

Chocolatte
11-08-2015, 03:25 PM
I would love to join.
Kik: FandomFreak.GT
By now I probably have my skype somwhere under my Avatar.

DarkLight7
11-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I think this is a great idea!
Count me in.:cool:

MyLegGuy
11-08-2015, 03:50 PM
So this guy helping you out is also the guy programming the site?

If it's somebody from this forum, I think it's 1Conan.

Magicalfishy
11-09-2015, 08:57 PM
So this guy helping you out is also the guy programming the site?

If it's somebody from this forum, I think it's 1Conan.

It's not 1Conan, but I'd love to have him on the team. :p

Ooh, this is interesting; I'm in. :o

We could most definitely use your help Jack.

Magicalfishy
11-11-2015, 12:38 AM
NOTICE:
We have begun developing the website today. Please empty/check your inboxes to see if you have received an invite. If you have received an invite this early, it means you are either joining the development team, moderation team, or design team. If you have not received a pm from us, you have either a full inbox, or you have not yet been chosen. Please note that today is the day that we have begun the actual process of development. It will be a work in progress until the promised release of December.

Boy255
11-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Imo subreddit is still the best.Theres where most people can reach us.A random site usually cant get anyone from outside of gt,bu a subreddit can.And subreddit are as easy as 123 to create,and avaible in like 5 mins.

Magicalfishy
11-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Imo subreddit is still the best.Theres where most people can reach us.A random site usually cant get anyone from outside of gt,bu a subreddit can.And subreddit are as easy as 123 to create,and avaible in like 5 mins.

I see where you are coming from, but a sub-reddit could not contain the features we wish to use. :sweatdrop:

DeeJays
11-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Am I late now? Would like to participate in the community. Not sure if it's suggested already or not, but I would suggest making a Steam group. It has forums, announcement that pops up for all members, chat and more stuff. I think we can also do group voice calls, but I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: Oh wait, you guys are making a website already. You can scratch this idea out.

raqk
11-11-2015, 12:57 AM

Reddit is cool, but I'd personally prefer our own thing...

Spencer1221
11-11-2015, 01:09 AM
NOTICE:

I'd be glad to help with design :rolleyes: I know lots on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop

|ThyLuigi|
11-11-2015, 01:31 AM
We own the domain, but we haven't worked on the website yet. I'm also not doing any coding, I'm just making ideas and helping with the design. He has told me what he will be using to code with, but I don't remember what he said. Coding is a whole different language to me. C:

December 2015

Add my skype, I believe it's magicalfishytv.
Heh, nice joke-pun whatchamacallit.

Magicalfishy
11-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Heh, nice joke-pun whatchamacallit.

Why thank you sir. :p