PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Moments..

Crazyjulie
11-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Okay, so I have a few awkward moments to share with you guys..

One day I was just chilling around until my mom got a text that said, "God damnit" and other random words. She came up to me and asked me, "What do all of these words mean?"(My mom doesn't speak English) So, I was like; 99422

Another day, I was a little kid and I was following my mother in a market. I was distracted by stuff on the shelves. I looked around and saw a lady that looked like my mom on the back side. So I came up to her and said, "Mom?" She turned around and it turns out it wasn't my mom. My mom was a few feet away, so I played it cool and pretended I was looking at my mom instead of her.

Post your awkward moments o.o

Indicative
11-06-2015, 12:16 PM
11/10. :rolleyes:

Aunos
11-06-2015, 12:19 PM
If your mom doesn't speak English, where did you learn English? In school?

SpeedFreakz
11-06-2015, 12:26 PM

Or she is Filipino?

26FtW26
11-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Nobody learns good English in school. I have used english as long as I can remember using the internet, and that's how I learned to speak it so well.

Crazyjulie
11-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Nobody learns good English in school. I have used english as long as I can remember using the internet, and that's how I learned to speak it so well.

Yeah, and my family is Vietnamese. I mostly learned word from the Internet, I probably learn more words here than my English school.

26FtW26
11-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Yeah, and my family is Vietnamese. I mostly learned word from the Internet, I probably learn more words here than my English school.

I ace all my English tests without even studying. My teacher tries to force grammar rules into my head but I can speak pretty fluently just from instinct and judging what sounds right/wrong.

ImAPogo
11-06-2015, 10:54 PM

I learn how to talk or write in english fluently by playing growtopia:whistling:

imustachyou
11-06-2015, 10:55 PM
I learn how to talk or write in english fluently by playing growtopia:whistling:

lucky, I live in the US, and I have to go to Spanish every day and study and do hw to learn spanish...I wish my 2nd language was that easy...

ImAPogo
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
lucky, I live in the US, and I have to go to Spanish every day and study and do hw to learn spanish...I wish my 2nd language was that easy...

My 3rd language is Arabic

i only know how to say Me/I and You in arabic!!!

smartsmile
11-06-2015, 10:59 PM
I ace all my English tests without even studying. My teacher tries to force grammar rules into my head but I can speak pretty fluently just from instinct and judging what sounds right/wrong.

I have never actually noticed that English isn't your mother language.

English is stupid asf to learn tho nothing in the stupid language makes any sense.

writers write fingers don't fing
there is no egg in eggplant
no ham in hamburgers
how can the weather be hot as hell, but also cold as hell?
the teach taught, the preacher preached, not praught
quicksand sucks you in slowly
tomb, comb, and bomb are all pronounced differently.

welcome.

SilentDogs
11-06-2015, 11:22 PM
You seem to know English well, but kind of funny how your mother doesn't know any English. Is this a coincidence?:p

Crazyjulie
11-07-2015, 12:12 AM
You seem to know English well, but kind of funny how your mother doesn't know any English. Is this a coincidence?:p

She knows very little. Most people can't understand her accent.

TehPug
11-07-2015, 12:13 AM

So am I! I can relate to that story when my mom's like what does omg mean? what does brb lol mean?

Crazyjulie
11-07-2015, 02:11 AM
So am I! I can relate to that story when my mom's like what does omg mean? what does brb lol mean?

Yes, and sometimes bad words..😳

Dav3
11-07-2015, 02:15 AM

Wait your Vietnamese? what a coincidence i am too :wave:

Crazyjulie
11-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Wait your Vietnamese? what a coincidence i am too :wave:

Yay! Xin chào!

Dav3
11-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Yay! Xin chào!

Haha, Xin chào ban ! :o

Paintlesss
11-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Pero si espanol es uno del mas faciles langanage
#bi-lingual

Crazyjulie
11-07-2015, 02:47 AM
Pero si espanol es uno del mas faciles langanage
#bi-lingual

#Bilingual too! I suck at Spanish, my grammar sucks.

SilentDogs
11-07-2015, 03:51 AM
She knows very little. Most people can't understand her accent.

I still find it a bit wierd how her child knows English but she doesn't?! Maybe more reading out loud and practice, she can start getting rid of that accent. One day she'll be better with her English, learning a second laungage can take time to cope with, and it does take a lot of practice.