PDA

View Full Version : Mmkay, I need to gather android and apple users here.

ElectroDream
11-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Right now, I need a person who has an experience in BOTH android tab and iPads. Or anyone who has either of them.

So, right now, I want to buy this new tab. It's called Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
vvv
http://www.klgadgetguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-8-Sandy-White.jpg

I fell in love with the blue color, i don't know why. Blue is not my favourite but I just LOVE the color of this tab!
http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/live/19036100/module/samsungus/resized/www.samsung.com/us/system/features/f0027096/blue_taba8_transferdata.jpg.w960.jpg

But then, I went to check how much I have with me right now, and I can't afford it myself. Yet. I need like, ~$80? (Rp. 1.000.000,00 to be exact, if you're really curious.). I want to afford it myself because my mom got me my Macbook Air (13" and 256(or around that)? GB storage, that ain't cheap mate.) and I don't really feel on leaning on her shoulder again, meanwhile my dad just bought my step-mom an iPhone 6 and I don't know if he would buy me that tab or not. It would take me 10 weeks without using my money at all to get $80, so that is not an option.

I do have this iPad 2 that may be sold for more than $80 because I take a good care of it, but I don't know whether I should sell it or not. This is a tough decision. I do want to sell it because I rarely play on it anymore ever since I got my Macbook. I use my iPad just to play MCPE (Minecraft pocket edition) which is available on android too.

This tab here (galaxy tab A) comes with a stylus, and I can use it for calling people, unlike my iPad 2 because it's literally outdated. I can also practice drawing or whatever. This tab can also multitask, as most Samsung gadgets can. I already have a galaxy S4 though, but it's too small to play Growtopia on. ._.

I know my mom's going to say that apple > android because she loves apple products, but I can easily 'debate' with her and make her think that selling iPad may be necessary.

I really don't know what to do... Should I just beg for that $80? I'd feel bad though... I want that tab. So. Bad. D:

EDIT: To be informative, I found CNET's rating on this tab. I don't know what I should do now...
http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-8-inch/

ianCSzz
11-08-2015, 12:04 PM
You can usually get cheaper apps on the Android, compared to the iPad.

ElectroDream
11-08-2015, 12:05 PM
You can usually get cheaper apps on the Android, compared to the iPad.

Yeah and that too.

I don't...know...what...to..do... :nope:

Ceyx_GrowT
11-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Rp 1.000.000 isn't really much. Yes, I'm not kidding. Don't you have your savings? I saved my moneys from 7 years old and I got like Rp. 26.000.000 already.

ElectroDream
11-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Rp 1.000.000 isn't really much. Yes, I'm not kidding. Don't you have your savings? I saved my moneys from 7 years old and I got like Rp. 26.000.000 already.

Yeah, you're rich, I know.

EDIT: My mom won't let me sell the iPad. ;-;
aaaaaaaaaa

Ceyx_GrowT
11-08-2015, 12:29 PM

Yeah, you're rich, I know.

EDIT: My mom won't let me sell the iPad. ;-;
aaaaaaaaaa
You should tell your mom that you wanted to buy the Tab A using the moneys you could get if you sold your iPad. Tell her that it's way better than your old iPad.

Sky123456789
11-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Lol if I convert my teen savings to rp I will get around 10000000.

ElectroDream
11-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Do you do a lot of reading? iPads have a wider screen in portrait than most Android tablets generally.

And make sure not to lose the stylus. :crazy:

I read on my Macbook.

Boy255
someone had to do it,right?

https://www.gofundme.com/

Also if u will.Go jailbreak ur ipad to get free games if u wanna be $$wag10rd

ElectroDream
Lol if I convert my teen savings to rp I will get around 10000000.

I'm just not sure where my savings went. I know for sure that around $3.000.000,00 of it is with my Dad. Just... 1 more million... :(

Areodax
11-08-2015, 01:07 PM
someone had to do it,right?

https://www.gofundme.com/

Also if u will.Go jailbreak ur ipad to get free games if u wanna be $$wag10rd

You can actually get free iPad apps, so jailbreaking is pretty much unescessary.

Vshare is a hero.

Boy255
11-08-2015, 01:19 PM
You can actually get free iPad apps, so jailbreaking is pretty much unescessary.

Vshare is a hero.

But vshare games always crashes.For like 99.69% of the users who used it.

Divine+
11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Being a user of both, here is my verdict.

Apple is prized for its easy to use and pretty much bugwed OS. It performs seamlessly and is extremely focused on user interface. However, this is then countered by its price and its rather inferior processor thus making it a choice for older people aged 60+ and above (according to a survey done in the US)
Android, on first look, looks like a ripoff with a lousy, cluttered looking os found in a cheap phone. On using, however, Android is way less limited and is able to perform much more things thsn an apple product, which include
1) powerful superuser functions after root
2) torrenting and installation of apps thru apks

It also makes up for its crappy looking OS thru its cost, which is much cheaper. It outperforms apple products even if both are of same price.
I had been using an iPhone 6 and comparing it with my LG G3
The iPhone 6 undoubtedly looks more pleasing to the eye with great UI but my G3 has much more abilities.
Performance wise I'd say both are the same, but my pixel density is unpresidented at the moment (aside from g4)

Tldr: apple is ok to use
Android has a steeper learning curve, but after easing to it you fimd it much better than apple. :) best of luck

Divine+
11-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Cydia is a repository sharing hub.
It is completely user-run, and cannot be accessed unless jailbroken which voids phone warranty. Also, for ios 7, our dear evasi0n team took quite a long while to crack the nut and for ios 8 if I'm not mistaken you guys use panggu.
I'm not saying it sucks, (i like infinity blade) but at least on android you don't have to go through that much trouble just to download a free app.

If you just use the basic stuff like camera, social networking and gaming then go for apple (if you can afford it)
But I really do like orbot on android (vpn and proxy), μTorrent and ability to use file manager/explorer without having to use iFunBox or iFile.

I like apple, but the company goes to too great a length to try to make it secure (making those crackers' life harder)

I don't disagree that Apple devices will no doubt become a powerful device after jailbreak, but at this point I'd like to do an illustration.

Let's say a factory apple has a feature count of x.

An unrooted android has a feature count of 1.5x.

After root/jailbreak both devices have many more features (3x+, but technically android still less limits but whatevs)

The sad thing is that sometimes cracks take pretty long to develop, so at factory default value I prefer android.

Apps like appcake vShare isn't as reliable as good ol installous... It just isn't the same anymore.
-
Let's take another example. You find a good music online. You download the MP3. On apple, honestly, I don't exactly know of it will integrate to the default music app, but on Android it does. Apple sacrifices convenience for stability (random apps may make your android lag)

No tldr. My argument is fairly sound.

IceKane
11-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Anything blue is AWESOME! Get it. Dropping an Apple product is a guarantee K.O.

Chocolatte
11-08-2015, 03:14 PM
I think you could like do work for your parents for money, so you won't need to feel as guilty about it. Depending on your age, you will need to do varying amounts of chores, whether it's just cleaning your room or cooking for everyone. If you are lazy, (like me!) you can find more creative ways to get it. Samsung units usually have more storage because it has removable storage, whereas Apple doesn't, as well as the fact that the Google Play store has more than the Apple app store, although Apple has devices that are generally simpler to use. Apple products also have a tendency to break more easily because I have a Samsung phone which I drop too much, yet it hasn't cracked. My friend has an Apple phone and she dropped it once, and it severely cracked the screen. I suggest you try working for the money, if you actually want my opinion.

michaelhans10
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Right now, I need a person who has an experience in BOTH android tab and iPads. Or anyone who has either of them.

vvv
http://www.klgadgetguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-8-Sandy-White.jpg

I fell in love with the blue color, i don't know why. Blue is not my favourite but I just LOVE the color of this tab!
http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/live/19036100/module/samsungus/resized/www.samsung.com/us/system/features/f0027096/blue_taba8_transferdata.jpg.w960.jpg

But then, I went to check how much I have with me right now, and I can't afford it myself. Yet. I need like, ~$80? (Rp. 1.000.000,00 to be exact, if you're really curious.). I want to afford it myself because my mom got me my Macbook Air (13" and 256(or around that)? GB storage, that ain't cheap mate.) and I don't really feel on leaning on her shoulder again, meanwhile my dad just bought my step-mom an iPhone 6 and I don't know if he would buy me that tab or not. It would take me 10 weeks without using my money at all to get $80, so that is not an option.

I do have this iPad 2 that may be sold for more than $80 because I take a good care of it, but I don't know whether I should sell it or not. This is a tough decision. I do want to sell it because I rarely play on it anymore ever since I got my Macbook. I use my iPad just to play MCPE (Minecraft pocket edition) which is available on android too.

This tab here (galaxy tab A) comes with a stylus, and I can use it for calling people, unlike my iPad 2 because it's literally outdated. I can also practice drawing or whatever. This tab can also multitask, as most Samsung gadgets can. I already have a galaxy S4 though, but it's too small to play Growtopia on. ._.

I know my mom's going to say that apple > android because she loves apple products, but I can easily 'debate' with her and make her think that selling iPad may be necessary.

I really don't know what to do... Should I just beg for that $80? I'd feel bad though... I want that tab. So. Bad. D:

EDIT: To be informative, I found CNET's rating on this tab. I don't know what I should do now...

I wish i have xiaomi the camera so so .. Cool!
Is it can play gt?

If can i buy :) hehe

Applez
11-08-2015, 05:25 PM

but i threw my ipad mini 3 at the wall and it didnt crack

ElectroDream
11-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Jailbreak iOS and you have a full-featured Unix computer, with APT/Cydia (a package manager).

I wonder how you get a Cydia-alike on Android. The only two reasons I got an Android phone is because battery life sucked on specifically the phones, but not iPads, and for the curved back on the HTC M9.
I miss SwipeSelection. Fleksy Android's alternative is buggy on this forum.

I'm not going to jailbreak my iPad, again.

- - - Updated - - -

Dropped my iPad on the floor
Screen cracked

Dropped my Samsung S4 on the road
Screen cracked

Okay, your statement is reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Being a user of both, here is my verdict.

Apple is prized for its easy to use and pretty much bugwed OS. It performs seamlessly and is extremely focused on user interface. However, this is then countered by its price and its rather inferior processor thus making it a choice for older people aged 60+ and above (according to a survey done in the US)
Android, on first look, looks like a ripoff with a lousy, cluttered looking os found in a cheap phone. On using, however, Android is way less limited and is able to perform much more things thsn an apple product, which include
1) powerful superuser functions after root
2) torrenting and installation of apps thru apks

It also makes up for its crappy looking OS thru its cost, which is much cheaper. It outperforms apple products even if both are of same price.
I had been using an iPhone 6 and comparing it with my LG G3
The iPhone 6 undoubtedly looks more pleasing to the eye with great UI but my G3 has much more abilities.
Performance wise I'd say both are the same, but my pixel density is unpresidented at the moment (aside from g4)

Tldr: apple is ok to use
Android has a steeper learning curve, but after easing to it you fimd it much better than apple. :) best of luck

;-;

I so want the tab now

I think I'll just owe my mom. :p

Conan
11-08-2015, 11:05 PM
wait for ipad 5
considering the fct that the iphone 6s' processor speed is close enough to the speed of an ultra book. (geekbench)

Android is good if you like "free apps"

But if you want LONG TERM SUPPORT (updates) go for ios
Android devices only recieves updates 1-3 years or never at all.
(iPhone 4S already had 4 ios updates.)

XDCorez
11-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Get a 4G device.
It's cool.

ElectroDream
11-09-2015, 07:13 AM
d
wait for ipad 5
considering the fct that the iphone 6s' processor speed is close enough to the speed of an ultra book. (geekbench)

Android is good if you like "free apps"

But if you want LONG TERM SUPPORT (updates) go for ios
Android devices only recieves updates 1-3 years or never at all.
(iPhone 4S already had 4 ios updates.)

._.

I'm more into android than apple. Call me a hypocrite for having a Macbook.

It's just... Yeah, "free apps" and less elite.

Indicative
11-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Since your mother don't want you to sell it.. then... you have no more choices.

Boy255
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Cydia is a repository sharing hub.
It is completely user-run, and cannot be accessed unless jailbroken which voids phone warranty. Also, for ios 7, our dear evasi0n team took quite a long while to crack the nut and for ios 8 if I'm not mistaken you guys use panggu.
I'm not saying it sucks, (i like infinity blade) but at least on android you don't have to go through that much trouble just to download a free app.

If you just use the basic stuff like camera, social networking and gaming then go for apple (if you can afford it)
But I really do like orbot on android (vpn and proxy), μTorrent and ability to use file manager/explorer without having to use iFunBox or iFile.

I like apple, but the company goes to too great a length to try to make it secure (making those crackers' life harder)

I don't disagree that Apple devices will no doubt become a powerful device after jailbreak, but at this point I'd like to do an illustration.

Let's say a factory apple has a feature count of x.

An unrooted android has a feature count of 1.5x.

After root/jailbreak both devices have many more features (3x+, but technically android still less limits but whatevs)

The sad thing is that sometimes cracks take pretty long to develop, so at factory default value I prefer android.

Apps like appcake vShare isn't as reliable as good ol installous... It just isn't the same anymore.
-
Let's take another example. You find a good music online. You download the MP3. On apple, honestly, I don't exactly know of it will integrate to the default music app, but on Android it does. Apple sacrifices convenience for stability (random apps may make your android lag)

No tldr. My argument is fairly sound.

For ios 8 i have the ..
Hmm..

The icon is a circle,blue streak ontop,green streak below..forgot name..

Maybe like tangguy
Tanggui
??

Updated
11-09-2015, 10:44 AM
just go with apple for more life lolz
( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Boy255
11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
TaiG?

Cydia is just an APT manager.

Yes,taiG.

And that part i know..

ElectroDream
11-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Since your mother don't want you to sell it.. then... you have no more choices.

But to quit the school for a month, work at KFC then get my tab. :crazy:

Jokes, I can owe her first because why not.

iSkyDoesGTC
11-09-2015, 11:01 AM

vvv

Im so jelly if you wow you get stuff from your parents .___.

CrimsonLol
11-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Just a question.

Why does iPhone cost more than Samsung when Samsung obviously has more pros than iPhone?