PDA

View Full Version : Is This a Trend?

JOSHIE63
11-11-2015, 02:19 AM
Is it customary to be as pugnacious as to refute and needlessly prove the fallacy of some off-the-wall statement with some convoluted explanation and paltry quibbles? I feel like my threads are being deleted because of that; it irks me how others ruin it.

Here is a tip: ADMIT ONE'S WRONGS! Seriously, no one is always right, especially on something that is completely subjective.

Bejewled
11-11-2015, 02:22 AM
I would tell you but i dont speak Zork.
pls translate

Chibiusa
11-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Are you talking about how the super moderators delete forum threads that get too stressful or long? That makes me mad too, but I can't really do anything about it. It is THEIR forum after all. They can do whatever they want. If you really wanted to do whatever you wanted you would

A. Go to another forum

B. Create your own

Believe me, refutable people are just a pain. I usually just ignore them.

MyLegGuy
11-11-2015, 02:24 AM
Are you trying to show off that you have a big vocabulary?

Nobody knows these words.
If you want a response, use words people can understand.

JOSHIE63
11-11-2015, 02:25 AM
pls translate

People nitpick and try to disprove everything people say. So like this:

Me: The weather has been bad.
Forumer: Actually, the weather has been partly sunny. Partly may be vague, but the point is that it was not completely bad, meaning every word that comes out of your mouth is invalid.
Me: Uhh…

Chibiusa
11-11-2015, 02:29 AM

A lot of people do this, but don't exactly know what the words mean. If you do know it, great! If you don't, that's why the Internet is here my friend.

Spencer1221
pls translate

LOL EXACTLY! I saw the first few words and just gave up and read the other posts xD

Megazork
A few forum experiences surely doesn't constitute to an arising trend. Besides, those aren't as common as you peg them as. Meager digressions shouldn't bother anybody, what should matter is the thread topic. But who cares, it's not like they are any different from the trivial arguments we have on here.

Ignore it alllllllll, it's all hot air and fluff.

Chibiusa
No. I don't believe that it's a trend to go around finding JOSHIE63's posts and trying to disprove everything he says.

#2Trendy4Me

raqk
No. I don't believe that it's a trend to go around finding JOSHIE63's posts and trying to disprove everything he says.

It isn't even exclusive to his posts tho :panic: Your post makes no sense

MyLegGuy
11-11-2015, 02:31 AM
It isn't even exclusive to his posts tho :panic: Your post makes no sense

Oh, I thought he was talking just about his posts.

I actually realized I probably shouldn't have posted that and so I went to delete that post.

I was too late.

JOSHIE63
11-11-2015, 02:48 AM
A few forum experiences surely doesn't constitute to an arising trend. Besides, those aren't as common as you peg them as. Meager digressions shouldn't bother anybody, what should matter is the thread topic. But who cares, it's not like they are any different from the trivial arguments we have on here.

Ignore it alllllllll, it's all hot air and fluff.

It really is not the digressions that pertain. Hell, I single-handedly derailed a whole thread (of course, that thread had no topic to begin with). I find distasteful that — for whatever reason — people feel inclined to hold quarrels because of aforementioned grudges. The only reason I made this known is because the careless forumers who this pertains to start arguments so easily, that at that point it reminds me of several AngelicY debates — if that puts it into perspective. Three threads of mine have been deleted with decent content; even still this is more a grievance than warning.

Christopher
11-11-2015, 05:22 AM
People nitpick and try to disprove everything people say. So like this:

Me: The weather has been bad.
Forumer: Actually, the weather has been partly sunny. Partly may be vague, but the point is that it was not completely bad, meaning every word that comes out of your mouth is invalid.
Me: Uhh…

O . O so accurate bruh

Bruce Wayne
11-11-2015, 05:28 AM
It really is not the digressions that pertain. Hell, I single-handedly derailed a whole thread (of course, that thread had no topic to begin with). I find distasteful that — for whatever reason — people feel inclined to hold quarrels because of aforementioned grudges. The only reason I made this known is because the careless forumers who this pertains to start arguments so easily, that at that point it reminds me of several AngelicY debates — if that puts it into perspective. Three threads of mine have been deleted with decent content; even still this is more a grievance than warning.

The forum was made for entertainment, we really don't have to respect eachother. Yet, I try to be very sarcastic but be serious when I need to.

Invest
11-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Perhaps, dumb it down for us "lower level" folks. Thanks. :)

Blitzkrieg
11-11-2015, 05:58 AM
You're one of those kids that use big words online and can maybe make a few sentances with it but will never use it in your daily communication.

6/10 for trying to look smart on the internet

DeeJays
11-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Please, give us whose mother language isn't English some understandings. :sweatdrop:

mrthadawee
11-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Please, give us whose mother language isn't English some understandings. :sweatdrop:

Basically he's saying why do people always start drama and never end it in threads? It's like everyone is out to prove that they are always right. Arguments never stop because "you're wrong and I'm right".

Neoslayer
11-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Are you talking about how the super moderators delete forum threads that get too stressful or long? That makes me mad too, but I can't really do anything about it. It is THEIR forum after all. They can do whatever they want. If you really wanted to do whatever you wanted you would

A. Go to another forum

B. Create your own

Believe me, refutable people are just a pain. I usually just ignore them.

The only mod that does that is AV8R. He deleted 5 of my threads and none of them caused drama, he just thought they would.
He actually insta-removed a post about him scamming his friend.
I made a re-post about that thread then he removed that one.
He might remove this one now as well.

Updated
11-12-2015, 02:00 PM
I sweared at your vocabulary

golddash
11-12-2015, 07:41 PM
well maybe you should stop trying to refute imbecile forumers because every arguement you throw at them would be deleted regardless of non use of profanities. believe me, its futile to even talk to people with no common knowledge.

iNarwhal
11-12-2015, 07:41 PM
pls translate

this makes me laugh everytie

Hans
11-12-2015, 08:19 PM

Are you trying to show you're a try-hard?

Because you're really doing a good job at nit-picking everyone.
If you want to be cool, stop acting cocky.

- - - Updated - - -

JOSHIE, 'tis just the concept of any mind-set placed, so it can be called as a "trend" but not really. More like of a convoluted and trivial discussion peered down with pressure or intensity. Nothing more nothing less, eh, eh?