PDA

View Full Version : Why quitted?

Massacre
11-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Ive been wondering for a long time why the vast majority of forumers on here decide to say they quitted instead of simply say they quit? Although i understand both are acceptable ive never heard of anyone in the states say they quitted. Honestly i find it painful to read like nails on a chalkboard. So why insist on the extra effort instead of saying they quit?

michaelhans10
11-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Yea, why quit?

Quit=give up

Give up is a hardest word for game quit

I wonder why everybody quiting, the game is fun. Why quit?

Massacre
11-12-2015, 09:40 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/a595e2c85c2d64ef21ee0f0ba67a0ba4.png
As i said in my op they are both acceptable just quitted sounds dumb imo.

golddash
11-12-2015, 10:21 AM
That's like asking why british people add 'u's into their word.

Areodax
11-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Hopefully it doesn't become a meme at this point.

golddash
11-12-2015, 10:27 AM

qitted?

The British adds 'u's to words like 'colour' and 'humour' not like what you just did....

bagel124
11-12-2015, 11:07 AM
That's like asking why british people add 'u's into their word.
Canadians do this as well...

golddash
11-12-2015, 11:10 AM
The British people made English.

well obviously they made english I'm just saying that saying "color" is used by more people and adding 'u' to the words is optional

golddash
11-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Do show us statistics or surveys based on your claim;
people using 'color' more than 'colour'

And I'm not talking about surveys and statistics in America only. Because the rest of the world exist too.

i cant show you any statistics, as of i dont have any. i do know for a fact that other countries like china and japan that the teachings aren't based off most of the way the british people put their ways of writing, but a more simpler way like the americans do.

honestly i dont even know why it came down to all of this nonsense of saying wheter using 'o' only or 'ou' is the better way to write the word, because the only reason why i brought up the 'ou' was because i was trying to say there are more ways to write different words and they can still be correct.

Boomer
11-12-2015, 03:15 PM
They suck at English. :)

Blitzkrieg
11-12-2015, 05:08 PM
I must say I cringed a bit when I saw "why quitted" posted by you.

SageDeoxys
11-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Ive been wondering for a long time why the vast majority of forumers on here decide to say they quitted instead of simply say they quit? Although i understand both are acceptable ive never heard of anyone in the states say they quitted. Honestly i find it painful to read like nails on a chalkboard. So why insist on the extra effort instead of saying they quit?

I've always felt like punching anyone who used "quitted", but sadly I cant do that over the internet. Like seriously, it sounds horrible, even if it is right.

FR3DDY
11-13-2015, 01:13 AM
Hopefully it doesn't become a meme at this point.

Dank memes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mokky
11-13-2015, 01:41 AM
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Grey or gray?

That is the question.

SageDeoxys
11-13-2015, 01:57 AM
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Grey or gray?

That is the question.

They are both correct, however it is more common for people who speak American English to use "Gray" and for European English speakers to use "Grey".
If you ever want to remember which to use in a certain occasion, just think about "GrAy, GrEy"
.................................................. .................................................. .......America Europe

Honoka225
11-13-2015, 02:23 AM
-.-

GODDAMN SAKE OF GROWTOPIA

|ThyLuigi|
11-13-2015, 04:12 AM
i cant show you any statistics, as of i dont have any. i do know for a fact that other countries like china and japan that the teachings aren't based off most of the way the british people put their ways of writing, but a more simpler way like the americans do.

honestly i dont even know why it came down to all of this nonsense of saying wheter using 'o' only or 'ou' is the better way to write the word, because the only reason why i brought up the 'ou' was because i was trying to say there are more ways to write different words and they can still be correct.

Maybe it has to do with when spelling rules were being made, different countries decided to use different spellings.

bubblehubble_
11-13-2015, 04:22 AM
Quitted.

People assume past tense always ends with "ed" so quitted? Who knows.

KKcupcake
11-13-2015, 06:26 AM
The British adds 'u's to words like 'colour' and 'humour' not like what you just did....

Well, why did the Americans remove the 'u's, then?
I mean, English originated from England.

Updated
11-13-2015, 08:33 AM
let me try to use "quitted" for a while lol

iStrangleJr
11-13-2015, 08:40 AM
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Grey or gray?

That is the question.

Mokky!! Ur making my head..

> iStrangle'sBrain.exe Stopped working