PDA

View Full Version : Gender Equality.

Carlo Miguel Velasco
11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Let's have a little discussion. What do you think Gender Equality is for you? Is it like 'Someone overpowering the other' or 'The protected gets more right.' I don't know... I'm just bored and sleepy. Why did I even made this?:crazy:

Indicative
11-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Man = Woman

k. gender equality.

ParkourDevil
11-13-2015, 10:26 AM
There are some inequalities with both sexes but in my opinion, the world is pretty equal place for men and women to live in.

KKcupcake
11-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Women should be treated as equals with men.
No sex should be superior to the other, contrary to what many 'feminists' think.

Updated
11-13-2015, 02:34 PM
For me gender equality is like there's no superior or inferior ktnx

PotatoMarco
11-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Gender equality is when guys can clean houses and girls can carry stuff.

IceKane
11-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Screw equality. Why not fairness?

426 Hemi
11-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Ask Adolf Hitler, I don't know.

It's okay.

Dodo Wizard
11-13-2015, 03:03 PM
>Feminists whine about wanting equality
>They tell you that you can't hit them because they're girls

Make up yer mind. There's equality for pretty much everything else, at least in the US.

26FtW26
11-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Gender equality to me, is the ability to punch a girl back after she punches you first.

craft3d
11-13-2015, 04:56 PM
I find both genders to have their differences, but at the end of the day they are still human beings.

I don't find women to be "lesser" then men, and men to be "greater" then women.

I believe that both gender can do most (around 75%) of the things the opposite gender does.

bubblehubble_
11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
To me, gender equality is when women and men will be treated the same and be able to do the same jobs. When women won't be looked down on when they decide to take up a job like being a construction worker BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY LOVE IT. When men won't be looked down on because they take up jobs such as being a nurse BECAUSE THEY LOVE IT. I know I used gender stereotypes but I wanted to prove a point.

Meanwhile, if you're bored look at these 2 links about masculinity:

Article 1 (http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/masculinity-is-strong-and-powerful#.pwxYkkX64p)

Article 2 (http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/fragile-masculinity-lol#.qpKrOOBYD5)

Buzzfeed is life. :)

Huseyinhst
11-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Female>Male>Female>Male>female>male>etc..

iStrangleJr
11-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Here is some gender equality:

Adam = Eve
Boy = Girl
Man = Woman
Gay = Lesbian

That's all I know

Hans
11-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Why find equality in a world where all beings have the blood of dominance running through their veins?

26FtW26
11-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Why find equality in a world where all beings have the blood of dominance running through their veins?

^^^

Total equality would ruin the world.

Hans
11-13-2015, 08:30 PM
^^^

Total equality would ruin the world.

Oh, nobody could deny the fact that even they, themselves, who ask for equality, feel the need for one's opinion and self-importance to be noticed, no? 'Tis called our blood of dominance or pride as we could say. We feel entitled to ourselves regardless of it being small or big, it is the idiosyncrasy of our individualism.

You gotta admit, a lot of people feel that they're surprisingly confident to not be afraid and do something reckless that in return, contains a lot of risks. We feel we need power.

ParkourDevil
11-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Almost all of people who know me on this forum, know, that i hate feminism and everything related to it. It's simply not gender equality, it's hating of specific Gender and female supremancy. Look it up if you don't know,
PS: I wouldn't hate on feminism if it really was gender equality and if feminists could ACTUALLY do something instead of hashtagging #KillAllMen or #StopManSpreading

Reballoo
11-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Both the things you listed are not gender equality then, because it is not equality.

craft3d
11-13-2015, 09:13 PM

We are not saying how to find out how to implement equality into our politically correct world, we are discussing what we think the meaning of the saying is.

Reballoo
11-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Gender equality to me, is the ability to punch a girl back after she punches you first.

This ^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

We are not saying how to find out how to implement equality into our politically correct world, we are discussing what we think the meaning of the saying is.

That doesn't need to be discussed, there is a definition for that. That is like discussing what a tomato is.

Bruce Wayne
11-13-2015, 09:35 PM
This ^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't need to be discussed, there is a definition for that. That is like discussing what a tomato is.

A tomato is a fruit, a red fruit. It has seeds. It is good on salads, and hamburgers.

Oh, we weren't discussing what a tomato is?

craft3d
11-13-2015, 10:14 PM
This ^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody has a different view on everything, no matter what it is.

This is why people are unique.

Hans
11-13-2015, 10:20 PM

Then excuse me for being dumb to not able to comprehend simple requests.

- - - Updated - - -

This ^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Does not need to be discussed? Foolish. We do not even know what we can consider right or wrong; justified and unjustified; equal and unequal and here are people like you just going around bringing trivial responses like "it doesn't need to be discussed", huh? World-wide definition depends on how personal people out-looks an individual definition to a context and if it is justified, right, and equal it is to the saying it is expected to be explained.

Take time to actually recognize gravity of each things we say, there is no need for trivial matters. Be realistic, it'll get you to places.

craft3d
11-13-2015, 10:43 PM

Excuse me for a second here, but where in the late sentence did I perhaps refer to you as to dumb?

I was pointing something out about what we were simply doing, not how limited your brain functionalities are, which I am sure are much more complex and expansive then mine.

Avenie
11-13-2015, 10:59 PM
I would say and agree with many of you who said ´´Men=Women´´,but if you look around and read or see whats happening around the world and about the rights in the other countries. Not all the countries have equal rights for women and men, I find it kinda sad. Hope there will be changes made in the future.

But I´m happy ther are equal rights for men and women in my country :).

Hans
11-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Excuse me for a second here, but where in the late sentence did I perhaps refer to you as to dumb?

I was pointing something out about what we were simply doing, not how limited your brain functionalities are, which I am sure are much more complex and expansive then mine.

Let's be realistic here, one thing for sure if a person cannot comprehend a simple sentence regardless of the context, you can refer to him as "dumb", prolly call him an idiot, no? And in that situation, I was careless to not comprehend the simple question given to all of us, and in which, is applicable to a "dumb" characteristic. It could be both general or only for that one event, depends.

Xox
11-13-2015, 11:32 PM
I would say and agree with many of you who said ´´Men=Women´´,but if you look around and read or see whats happening around the world and about the rights in the other countries. Not all the countries have equal rights for women and men, I find it kinda sad. Hope there will be changes made in the future.

But I´m happy ther are equal rights for men and women in my country :).

yeah sucks to live in afghanistan or iraq.

craft3d
11-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Let's be realistic here, one thing for sure if a person cannot comprehend a simple sentence regardless of the context, you can refer to him as "dumb", prolly call him an idiot, no? And in that situation, I was careless to not comprehend the simple question given to all of us, and in which, is applicable to a "dumb" characteristic. It could be both general or only for that one event, depends.

But of all people who cannot comprehend things, and the people who I would, most unlikely but just to conflict with this topic, point out that cannot comprehend, you wouldn't be the first people I'd choose.

I understand though, over the internet words are emotionless so it is hard for the reader to truly enact what they infer, so I'm sorry about that.

Also, it wasn't really pointed towards everyone, but it's the bare question that the entire thread emits.

As well, you are not dumb, but you are quite complex and logical.

Reballoo
11-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Everybody has a different view on everything, no matter what it is.

This is why people are unique.

People can have views, but that doesn't change what gender equality is. It is equality between genders, people don't get to decide what that means because it already has a meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Does not need to be discussed? Foolish. We do not even know what we can consider right or wrong; justified and unjustified; equal and unequal and here are people like you just going around bringing trivial responses like "it doesn't need to be discussed", huh? World-wide definition depends on how personal people out-looks an individual definition to a context and if it is justified, right, and equal it is to the saying it is expected to be explained.

Take time to actually recognize gravity of each things we say, there is no need for trivial matters. Be realistic, it'll get you to places.

I am being realistic. One person's misguided idea of what something is doesn't change what it is. You are getting a very wrong idea of what is going on. I never said that the idea of gender equality as a whole doesn't need to be discussed, but rather what it means. We know what it means. Nobody can change what it means. Just because one person thinks "bed" means a place to take a bath, that doesn't mean that is true. We could sit here all day saying ehat we think it means, but there can only be one righ answer. We should be discussing our views on the idea rather than discussing what it means. It already has a meaning. "Gender equality" is not such a broad word like "good" or "nice" where we can say what it means to be good or nice. Broad words have guidelines, specific words have definitions, and "gender equality" is a specific word.

LyveWyre
11-14-2015, 08:47 PM
For me gender equality is like there's no superior or inferior ktnx

You're very inferior...(KIDDING K? CHILL BAUD.)

Gender equality is definitely a moving trade nowadays, but even those who say they see it as equal will sometimes make subtle motions without them even knowing that refers to gender inequality. Sorry for that confusing sentence, but it is a very touchy subject that honestly should be treated so much more different.