PDA

View Full Version : [NASA] Blackout for 15 Days of November. Truth or Hoax?

Play360
11-14-2015, 02:28 PM
READ ME: If you're too lazy to read, then this thread is not for you. This might as well, as a discussion for the said topic.

[NASA] Blackout for 15 Days of November. Truth or Hoax?

According to rumor peddlers, NASA has confirmed that the entire world would be plunged into total darkness for 15 days of the month of November due to a rare alignment of Venus and Jupiter next week.

The “November Blackout,” which occurs only once in a million years, will occur once again between November 15 and 29, and NASA’s Charles Bolden has briefed President Barrack Obama about the imminent and scary event in a 1,000 page report.

NASA, according to the website, has confirmed that a rare conjunction of Venus and Jupiter will cause the Earth to experience 15 days of complete darkness, starting from 3 a.m. on Sunday, November 15 until 4:15 p.m., Monday, November 29.

The website presents the following bizarre explanation of the astronomical event that will cause the “November Blackout.”
During the conjunction between Venus and Jupiter on October 26, light from Venus would cause gases in Jupiter to heat up. The heated gasses will cause a large amount of hydrogen to be released into space. The gases will reach the Sun and trigger a massive explosion on the surface of the star, heating it to 9,000 degrees Kelvin. The heat of the explosion would then cause the Sun to emit a blue color.

The dull blue color will last for 15 days during which the Earth will be thrown into darkness.

Despite the claim that NASA has confirmed this devilishly tall story of cosmic mishap, the agency’s websites contain no information about it. The only part of the story that bears any resemblance to an occurrence in the real world is the conjunction between Venus and Jupiter which occurred on June 30. A rare alignment of Venus, Jupiter and Mars will also occcur next week but astronomers say it will not generate fantastic “reactions” as claimed by theorists.

Before you go crazy jumping all over what you will do over the whole darkness, you might wanna check this out.
No one knows if it was all just a hoax, best thing to do is wait. Click here to read more. (http://www.ibtimes.com.au/hoax-alert-there-wont-be-15-days-complete-darkness-november-2015-1471317)

CodeSky
11-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Street77news.com claims that according to NASA, the Earth will experience 15 days of total darkness between Nov 15 and 29, 2015. It is a one-in-a-million-year event called “November Black Out.” The story alleges that NASA head Charles Bolden submitted to US President Barack Obama a 1,000-page document that explained the event.

One guy posted this in tavern already at beginning of this month but well lol.
Media would go crazy if this would be real.

Play360
11-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Street77news.com claims that according to NASA, the Earth will experience 15 days of total darkness between Nov 15 and 29, 2015. It is a one-in-a-million-year event called “November Black Out.” The story alleges that NASA head Charles Bolden submitted to US President Barack Obama a 1,000-page document that explained the event.

One guy posted this in tavern already at beginning of this month but well lol.
Media would go crazy if this would be real.

According to contact details on the Web page, Street77news.com’s address is in Kokumo Road, Almosho, Lagos, Nigeria, home of many “get rich” scams.

M.snopes.com, a site that debunks rumours, points out that Street77news.com just repeated the same news published by another fake news site, Newswatch33, originally published by the shuttered NewsWatch28 in mid-June. Other fake news items posted by Newswatch33 include a girl electrocuted by iPhone earplugs and Jay-Z and Beyonce’s purchase of the rights to the Confederate flag.

Pretty obvious af.

Seah Kaijun
11-14-2015, 02:34 PM
READ ME: If you're too lazy to read, then this thread is not for you. This might as well, as a discussion for the said topic.

According to rumor peddlers, NASA has confirmed that the entire world would be plunged into total darkness for 15 days of the month of November due to a rare alignment of Venus and Jupiter next week.

The “November Blackout,” which occurs only once in a million years, will occur once again between November 15 and 29, and NASA’s Charles Bolden has briefed President Barrack Obama about the imminent and scary event in a 1,000 page report.

NASA, according to the website, has confirmed that a rare conjunction of Venus and Jupiter will cause the Earth to experience 15 days of complete darkness, starting from 3 a.m. on Sunday, November 15 until 4:15 p.m., Monday, November 29.

The website presents the following bizarre explanation of the astronomical event that will cause the “November Blackout.”
During the conjunction between Venus and Jupiter on October 26, light from Venus would cause gases in Jupiter to heat up. The heated gasses will cause a large amount of hydrogen to be released into space. The gases will reach the Sun and trigger a massive explosion on the surface of the star, heating it to 9,000 degrees Kelvin. The heat of the explosion would then cause the Sun to emit a blue color.

The dull blue color will last for 15 days during which the Earth will be thrown into darkness.

Despite the claim that NASA has confirmed this devilishly tall story of cosmic mishap, the agency’s websites contain no information about it. The only part of the story that bears any resemblance to an occurrence in the real world is the conjunction between Venus and Jupiter which occurred on June 30. A rare alignment of Venus, Jupiter and Mars will also occcur next week but astronomers say it will not generate fantastic “reactions” as claimed by theorists.

Before you go crazy jumping all over what you will do over the whole darkness, you might wanna check this out.
It was all just a hoax. Click here to read more. (http://www.ibtimes.com.au/hoax-alert-there-wont-be-15-days-complete-darkness-november-2015-1471317)

Wait... so its a hoax?

Play360
11-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Wait... so its a hoax?

If you went straight ahead for the spoiler, there's no sense in reading the whole thread. gg

Seah Kaijun
11-14-2015, 02:48 PM
If you went straight ahead for the spoiler, there's no sense in reading the whole thread. gg

I actually read the whole thing and got pretty " excited" , that spoiler had to ruin everything..:nope:

Mark Chong
11-14-2015, 02:52 PM
I actually read the whole thing and got pretty " excited" , that spoiler had to ruin everything..:nope:
^^^
Would be interesting if it actually happened.

Chocolatte
11-14-2015, 02:55 PM
I was reading it and thinking random things like "oh goodie, no Growtopia for two weeks."(sarcasm intended) and "Do I have enough books to cover that 2 week gap?" until I read it was a hoax.

Play360
11-14-2015, 03:01 PM

Well, it's not worth mentioning if it was a big lie. Huehue

^^^
Would be interesting if it actually happened.

I prefer not. Hahaha, it's not a regular solar eclipse where you can glimpse up even a little light.

I was reading it and thinking random things like "oh goodie, no Growtopia for two weeks."(sarcasm intended) and "Do I have enough books to cover that 2 week gap?" until I read it was a hoax.

Well, same for what i was thinking when i was reading on different websites, till i read that it was just a big hoax.

meowza
11-14-2015, 03:03 PM
I was like. Oh no! How,will we be able to see to eat and drink. Oh well at least no school! DARNIT it was a hoax

DeeJays
11-14-2015, 03:05 PM
If it was true, my mid exam would be totally cancelled :crazy:

Play360
11-14-2015, 03:08 PM
I was like. Oh no! How,will we be able to see to eat and drink. Oh well at least no school! DARNIT it was a hoax

No one even knows if it's all just a hoax, totally nobody. The only thing we could do is just wait for atleast it'll happen or expect nothing.

If it was true, my mid exam would be totally cancelled :crazy:

Haha, don't you kids love cancellations of examinations?

Boy255
11-14-2015, 03:08 PM
No one even knows if it's all just a hoax, totally nobody. The only thing we could do is just wait for atleast it'll happen or expect nothing.

Haha, don't you kids love cancellations of examinations?

Wait,then what about the spoiler..

Play360
11-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Wait,then what about the spoiler..

Sometimes, even the conspiracies are real. Nobody knows the truth, it may happen or may not. The world may end tomorrow, or it's not. Nobody knows anything.

Joshcat
11-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Sometimes, even the conspiracies are real. Nobody knows the truth, it may happen or may not. The world may end tomorrow, or it's not. Nobody knows anything.

Welp, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Play360
11-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Welp, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

^^ Best thing to do for sure.

Runo
11-14-2015, 03:12 PM

It was all just a hoax. Click here to read more. (http://www.ibtimes.com.au/hoax-alert-there-wont-be-15-days-complete-darkness-november-2015-1471317)

I'd Love to have 15 days of darkness so that i can sleep all day!.. or night.. k whatever!