PDA

View Full Version : What is easiest programming language. I want to start programming.

EpicKandy
11-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Now I want to learn programming. I'm learning CSS/HTML. Yeah basicly its not language but something to start out.

I don't have exact plans on making things but I could learn to make web pages or programs.
I'm good at maths so it could go easier, meh.

iFrostSpark
11-15-2015, 07:33 AM
javascript is easy

EpicKandy
11-15-2015, 07:45 AM
x86 Assembly is easy, learn that.

Wut the hell is that. Why should I need dat for 32bit laptop meh

MyLegGuy
11-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Hm...

Lua is easy. Javascript too.

Wut the hell is that. Why should I need dat for 32bit laptop meh

I just looked that up and it looked horrible.

_Tenflames_
11-15-2015, 07:47 AM
I just started learning HTML in CodeAcademy in School, I haven't really tried the other ones but try HTML :)

Seraphim
11-15-2015, 09:49 AM
In college I'm learning to use python as a beginner's course to programming, and I think a lot of other people/places use that as a starting ground. In high school I used HTML. I think codecademy is a great coding tutorial site, although I haven't used it for a while.

NopTryu
11-15-2015, 12:24 PM
C++ (I think)

Divine+
11-15-2015, 12:26 PM
The easiest one would be assembly line unix

Only about 80 lines of code to print hello world

CPP isn't exactly easy - learning curve is abit tougher.

JAVA MASTER RACE!

EpicKandy
11-15-2015, 06:07 PM
The easiest one would be assembly line unix

Only about 80 lines of code to print hello world

CPP isn't exactly easy - learning curve is abit tougher.

JAVA MASTER RACE!

Lol. In other languages you can do it in 1 line, max 3-5 lines.

Hans
11-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Malbolge, very easy.

Visual basic :rolleyes:

Colons
11-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Python is easy.
Javascript is not good to learn without knowledge of HTML (and CSS), also you must learn jQuery then.
C++ is hard, but one of the most useful ones.
C# and Java are easier than C++, but neither are too easy. C# is good for making simple desktop apps.

I chose to learn C++, but also learning web-design/website-creation (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP).

|ThyLuigi|
11-15-2015, 08:26 PM
HTML is easy.
Python is supposed to be easy.
CoffeeScript is supposed to be easier than JavaScript.

- - - Updated - - -

Malbolge, very easy.

Visual basic :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, Ruby isn't exactly the easiest one out there, but it's still pretty easy. It can be used to make websites and games, and it looks a lot like actual words.

MBG090
11-15-2015, 08:39 PM
HTML/CSS was my first language too. Try LUA next if you want to script ROBLOX games :]

peck
11-15-2015, 11:35 PM
STOP SAYING C++
c++ is dying for several valid reasons. It's not easy nor is it very usefil, the reason why so many use it today is because they grew into that language. http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/picture.html

Want an easy and useful language? Lua and Java, as much as people say java is hard, it's not, be patient.

atwistoffate
11-16-2015, 01:08 AM
You can check Khan Academy.

There's now tutorials on programming

BLYoshi
11-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Try LOLcode: https://esolangs.org/wiki/LOLCODE
Also try ArnoldC: https://github.com/lhartikk/ArnoldC

In all seriousness, since you're including HTML/CSS, here's my list in my opinion of what is "easiest"/good foundation languages for beginner programmers from:

Oh, and of course you don't have to learn all these languages. It's just a list for you to pick from.

1. HTML/CSS - Great foundation for new programmers. Even though it's just tags to design a webpage, it's a good starting point especially if you want to be a web developer or front-end developer. If not, you can skip this one.

2. Javascript - If you did happen to take up HTML/CSS, learn JavaScript NOW. It's a great headstart into the real programming world.

3. Python - Easy beginner language, fun, doesn't require many lines of code. Used by many companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Nasa

4. Java - I might be biased here, since I actually learned this one first. Another example of a high level programming language, will really get you thinking like a real programmer. Object oriented, fantastic documentation.

5. C/C++ - Some people say learn Java before C, some say vice versa. Again, imo, Java or Python is a better starting point for a new programmer, but C is just as important. C is a low-level programming language, and will teach you a ton about how a machine/OS operates and how memory is allocated.

6. Ruby on Rails - Full-stack (you'll learn a bunch of stuff about other languages along the way), used by many websites like Github, Airbnb, Kickstarter. Easy syntax.

----

At this point, you should have an idea about which direction you want to go.

Interested in front-end? Continue learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, etc.

Back-end? Learn Python, Ruby, Java, etc.

Want to make mobile apps/games? Learn Objective-C or Swift for iOS and Java for Android

Want to make PC games? Java, C++. etc. Also look at game engines, especially for 3D games, like Unity, Unreal, Cocos2D

---

Good communities and forums include Github, stackoverflow, Quora, CodeProject, reddit /r/learnprogramming, /r/dailyprogrammer, /r/gamedev, /r/webdev.

If you want to start out learning programming from an interactive websites, there's Codeacademy, Treehouse, FreeCodeCamp, etc.

Fantastic free online books/websites to read include Eloquent Javascript http://eloquentjavascript.net/, Mozilla, tutorialspoint, Programming in Java http://introcs.cs.princeton.edu/java/home/ , etc.

Most importantly, do not lock yourself into one language. The world is changing, technology is changing, new languages come and go. Be open to learning, once you feel good about one language, start another one! The great thing about programming is, once you know one or two languages, the other languages aren't hard to learn.

Have fun!

peck
11-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Try LOLcode: https://esolangs.org/wiki/LOLCODE
Also try ArnoldC: https://github.com/lhartikk/ArnoldC

In all seriousness, since you're including HTML/CSS, here's my list in my opinion of what is "easiest"/good foundation languages for beginner programmers from:

Oh, and of course you don't have to learn all these languages. It's just a list for you to pick from.

1. HTML/CSS - Great foundation for new programmers. Even though it's just tags to design a webpage, it's a good starting point especially if you want to be a web developer or front-end developer. If not, you can skip this one.

2. Javascript - If you did happen to take up HTML/CSS, learn JavaScript NOW. It's a great headstart into the real programming world.

3. Python - Easy beginner language, fun, doesn't require many lines of code. Used by many companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Nasa

4. Java - I might be biased here, since I actually learned this one first. Another example of a high level programming language, will really get you thinking like a real programmer. Object oriented, fantastic documentation.

5. C/C++ - Some people say learn Java before C, some say vice versa. Again, imo, Java or Python is a better starting point for a new programmer, but C is just as important. C is a low-level programming language, and will teach you a ton about how a machine/OS operates and how memory is allocated.

6. Ruby on Rails - Full-stack (you'll learn a bunch of stuff about other languages along the way), used by many websites like Github, Airbnb, Kickstarter. Easy syntax.

----

At this point, you should have an idea about which direction you want to go.

Interested in front-end? Continue learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, etc.

Back-end? Learn Python, Ruby, Java, etc.

Want to make mobile apps/games? Learn Objective-C or Swift for iOS and Java for Android

Want to make PC games? Java, C++. etc. Also look at game engines, especially for 3D games, like Unity, Unreal, Cocos2D

---

Good communities and forums include Github, stackoverflow, Quora, CodeProject, reddit /r/learnprogramming, /r/dailyprogrammer, /r/gamedev, /r/webdev.

If you want to start out learning programming from an interactive websites, there's Codeacademy, Treehouse, FreeCodeCamp, etc.

Fantastic free online books/websites to read include Eloquent Javascript http://eloquentjavascript.net/, Mozilla, tutorialspoint, Programming in Java http://introcs.cs.princeton.edu/java/home/ , etc.

Most importantly, do not lock yourself into one language. The world is changing, technology is changing, new languages come and go. Be open to learning, once you feel good about one language, start another one! The great thing about programming is, once you know one or two languages, the other languages aren't hard to learn.

Have fun!

C and c++ are two entirely different languages.
Judging a languages usability by comparing it to finished projects using that language isn't very accurate, otherwise 90% of languages would be about the same in usability, maybe you don't believe this, but you're striking me as the kinda person who says "java is the best because it made minecraft and runescape" or any other "this is best because x used it"

Raw C++ for a fresh game is a horrendous idea considering all thE other options that exists today.

|ThyLuigi|
11-16-2015, 11:56 PM
You left out BASIC

I'm interested, what is basic?