PDA

View Full Version : Why is Chinese so hard?

ElectroDream
11-16-2015, 02:44 PM
And the teacher doesn't make it any more fun, nor interesting.

I am trying to revise a whole article for 'test' tomorrow. :crazy:

I'm going insane, don't mind this thread really.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Aunos
11-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Chinese is really hard in our school, it's has the hardest Chinese in the whole Philippines! (I think)

People said that other school elementary Chinese is kindergarten for us.

But even if Chinese is hard in our school we still pass (hardly)
Just pray you get a good teacher. I was unlucky and ended up with the worst Chinese history teacher in our batch. Failed so much cuz of her.

ianCSzz
11-16-2015, 02:57 PM
你在说什么话? 我不懂。

AFAIK, learning Chinese is hard, the language itself is pretty simple.

ElectroDream
11-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Chinese is really hard in our school, it's has the hardest Chinese in the whole Philippines! (I think)

People said that other school elementary Chinese is kindergarten for us.

But even if Chinese is hard in our school we still pass (hardly)
Just pray you get a good teacher. I was unlucky and ended up with the worst Chinese history teacher in our batch. Failed so much cuz of her.

Nah, we didn't get a good teacher.

Then what?

Aunos
11-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Nah, we didn't get a good teacher.

Then what?

First: cry
Second: cry more
Third: ask for help from star section
Forth: cram
Fifth: 1/10 chance of passing :whistling:

Aunos
11-16-2015, 03:05 PM
For some reason last year's teacher that spent more time punishing students hilariously in front of the class and giving huge rewards (I won Pizza Hut and Manhattan Fish Market dishes) actually gave me better marks than this current one.

Our teacher spends half of the class shouting at the kids in the back, they just laugh at her and continue playing.

GrateNPowder
11-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Is your Chinese teacher the one from the final episode of that show where an Asian family go to the US again...

mokky
11-16-2015, 11:03 PM
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

There is no why. It just is

I take it too and I'm awful at it

Edwardson97
11-16-2015, 11:06 PM
English language is the hardest one.

mokky
11-16-2015, 11:06 PM
English language is the hardest one.

English is simple.

I never pay attention and just use common sense and I always pass.

Ceyx_GrowT
11-16-2015, 11:12 PM
My Chinese score :
Grade 7 = 90-100
Grade 8 = 70-100
Grade 9 = 50-80 (rarely 90)

:crazy:

GrateNPowder
11-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Is your Chinese teacher the one from the final episode of that show where an Asian family go to the US again...

(10 lonely chars)

OLiVERi
11-16-2015, 11:21 PM
History is so hard.

KKcupcake
11-16-2015, 11:32 PM
its not that difficult to me...
but what position am i in to say this, considering that i scored below 85 on every single chinese exam i have taken in the past 2 years.
i think you can read more chinese books to improve vocabulary, there are many interesting ones, as well as comic books.
but i think one thing that many people struggle with in chinese is the abstractness and the general differences with other languages. unless you are a 1st language japanese speaker, chinese as a 2nd language will be hard to grasp due to it being so different.

FuryTurtleGT
11-16-2015, 11:50 PM
Chinese may be hard for some since that's not their most speaking language.For instance,if you are born in America,go to an American school,and you are part Chinese,but your mother tongue is Canadian.You are not used to Chinese,so that's why it's "hard".

Aunos
11-16-2015, 11:56 PM
Chinese may be hard for some since that's not their most speaking language.For instance,if you are born in America,go to an American school,and you are part Chinese,but your mother tongue is Canadian.You are not used to Chinese,so that's why it's "hard".

I'm Chinese Filipino and I'm failing at both Chinese and Filipino. Ironic right?

My mother tongue is also Chinese but another dialect. English Filipino Chinese mandarine are just extra for me.

ZZZebra94
11-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Am I the only guy here who thinks Chinese is easy? Oh wait, I AM Chinese.

KKcupcake
11-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Am I the only guy here who thinks Chinese is easy? Oh wait, I AM Chinese.

nah i think chinese is easy, but i don't do well lol, i score mostly high 70s and low 80s.
maybe its because of my chinese teacher, she's known as a very good one in school, and she got featured in a newspaper because she won a chinese teacher award thing.

raqk
11-17-2015, 12:30 AM
is Chinese required for you? my school doesn't even offer it...