PDA

View Full Version : Essays

GummiBear64
11-18-2015, 11:07 AM
As much as I despise writing essays, I have a real knack for writing them. Once I get started, I do not know when to stop.
I am currently writing an essay on Adolf Hitler in my history class and the introduction alone is just over half a page.
My last history essay based on Joseph Stalin was a tad over two pages.
An essay I had to write in English, based on the film The Shawshank Redemption consisted of four pages approximately. My other English essay based on an Australian film; The Castle was two pages long.
I've even been complimented countless times on my essay writing as I structure my paragraphs and sentences in ways that no one else in those classes have.

Heck, I've got nothing on Megadork or José63.

TL;DR I hate essays but I'm good at them and have been told so countless times.

SpeedFreakz
11-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Make a SARCASTIC ESSAY :crazy:

GummiBear64
11-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Make a SARCASTIC ESSAY :crazy:

I would alas the current English task I am taking; Humour, has absolutely nothing to do with humour therefore I cannot make a sarcastic essay.

AtomicShadow
11-18-2015, 11:22 AM
And I looove editing essays as a peer editor. Let me review it, I'm interested.

I like writing them too. Usually, I get lazy and stop on the 1000 word mark. Depends, really, on the type of essay. I get straight to the point and also I don't, if that makes any sense. Space essays are fun. Carl Sagan and Neil Tyson are your buds here.

GummiBear64
11-18-2015, 11:24 AM
And I looove editing essays as a peer editor. Let me review it, I'm interested.

I like writing them too. Usually, I get lazy and stop on the 1000 word mark. Depends, really, on the type of essay. I get straight to the point and also I don't, if that makes any sense. Space essays are fun. Carl Sagan and Neil Tyson are your buds here.

I can't post my introduction at this current point in time as it is a strenuous effort from my bed to the floor.
In all seriousness, it's late-ish and I cannot find my essay, I'll post it as soon as I can.
Please, remember it's only my introduction though, unless you were seeking an essay I have already completed.

AtomicShadow
11-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Please, remember it's only my introduction though, unless you were seeking an essay I have already completed.

I prefer editing finished drafts. It's just me to have an interest in reading other's essays and editing them is a good excuse to read their unpublished draft(edited wrestling, gaming, Korean adaptation, and "puppy love" essays I recall, some got me absorbed and some didn't). When it gets personal is when I just scan the parts they would rather not have me read at that moment.

Besides that and on a somewhat related note, I somehow can't get a good intro on my fiction book. I'm stuck on --0-- because of that. I'm stuck on deciding how the protagonist makes a first impression to effectively show a demo on his personality. I might want to summon mrthadawee (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/member.php?97352-mrthadawee) for this, despite our few discussions on kik pertaining to this issue.