PDA

View Full Version : CPU's Performance heavily dependent on Processor or Graphic Card

Aerify
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Im currently using Intel Core i3 in my computer. Would like to change soon since its laggy.

IF I upgrade to Intel i7 then the graphic/video card will still be the Intel Graphics , would game performance be a lot better?

Upgrade video card or processor makes FPS much higher / have greater impact on game speed

I need more FPS more games lik League , minecraft & more

TL;DR - Processor or video card is more important for better game performance?

Tech experts pls help ty

Danne Uriel Boiser
11-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Maybe, have some upgrades to your computer and update your graphic levels and also improve security to avoid laggy software. Are you using desktop or laptop? :scratch:

Aerify
11-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for information :)

craft3d
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Both of those components are very important in a key gaming experience. Considering you have a i3 (which is good although generation does matter), but run on a iGPU, I would consider upgrading your graphics spectrum first.

If you have a tight budget, look for used GTX 650 Tis or HD 7750s, they tend to play 2013 and under titles well at medium-high, new titles on the other hand may have trouble running on those.

If you are willing to spend a bit, I'd say go for a GTX 950 or a R9 270, because those cards are adequate enough for 1080p gaming at high on most new titles, at a playable framerate.

Don't go past that, though, because you may experience some bottleneck (again, generation is crucial here) in games where your FPS is limited to lower then it could be because of the CPU not being able to process the data the GPU is sending at that rate.

If you do want a really good, and fast GPU, go with a GTX 970 or a R9 390, because those can run any title on 1440p, at high, and at 60 FPS or more. It's an overkill for 1080p, but if you like playing games at ultra at a really fast framerate, go with these.