PDA

View Full Version : Common Core, i hate it.

R.V.
11-20-2015, 06:05 AM

Just made this, it's my math homework...
Im in all honors classes.

This is not college ready, who else hates common core...

RedRaivenGt
11-20-2015, 06:26 AM
0+3=3...
I just answered one of them.

KKcupcake
11-20-2015, 06:55 AM
how is that 10th grade math that is way easy
a p4/p5 student could do that

James Bond
11-20-2015, 06:58 AM
That is easy mannn..

Punch
11-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Trolololololol :crazy:

R.V.
11-21-2015, 02:53 AM
No it's real, im in 10th grade. Common core took over and ruined math for one nd is absolutely horrible. Go ahead search up what other peeps think of common core. It is so stupid, like we are 14/15/16 not 6...

|ThyLuigi|
11-21-2015, 02:56 AM
I did that in sixth grade.

Can I be in 10th grade honors maths.

Aram Sevag
11-21-2015, 03:24 AM

And I thought the education system was bad here.

JOSHIE63
11-21-2015, 03:54 AM
I have geometry and the proofs are usually ten to sixteen lines long, citing various postulates and theorems that have to be memorized and applicable to the situation at hand…I did that in first or second grade. I feel bad for the people not in honors…

syrup
11-21-2015, 03:58 AM
IB > regular math
also florida standards in particular for regulars is dumb, wth is an fcat, thank god ib exists

mokky
11-21-2015, 04:01 AM
What the hell is that.

|ThyLuigi|
11-21-2015, 04:30 AM
I have geometry and the proofs are usually ten to sixteen lines long, citing various postulates and theorems that have to be memorized and applicable to the situation at hand…I did that in first or second grade. I feel bad for the people not in honors…

Right now I want to be in honors math and honors science, my grade in science hasn't gone below a 97 and in math it hasn't gone below 88.

For some reason I was taken out of honors science, with no clue as to why I can only assume I ended up on the lower part of somekind of list.

Edwardson97
11-21-2015, 04:33 AM

I'm doing triple arithmetics and applying them to the applications like computers and what nots. I must say though, there goes the future...

JOSHIE63
11-21-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm doing triple arithmetics and applying them to the applications like computers and what nots. I must say though, there goes the future...

Yeah. I could not imagine even a first grader having trouble with those problems. Math standards now are higher than ever.

MyLegGuy
11-21-2015, 05:12 AM
"Honors?"
Were I live, that's only for sixth grade math and all the classes that aren't math.
After 6th grade, the highest math you can be in has a name. Algebra can be taken in 7th grade, and geometry can be taken in 8th grade. Then more stuff in high school.

Anyway, you should be happy all you have to do is easy stuff.

Also, what's common core?

syrup
11-21-2015, 05:15 AM
here's a very advanced chart for intellectual to understand

IB cool>Honors i guess > Advanced uhhh > Regular get out > remedi- get out

|ThyLuigi|
11-21-2015, 05:25 AM
"Honors?"
Were I live, that's only for sixth grade math and all the classes that aren't math.
After 6th grade, the highest math you can be in has a name. Algebra can be taken in 7th grade, and geometry can be taken in 8th grade. Then more stuff in high school.

Anyway, you should be happy all you have to do is easy stuff.

Also, what's common core?

Some people like learning math instead of sitting there doing math that you've known how to do for years.

R.V.
11-21-2015, 06:20 AM
Common core completely eliminated trigonometry, geometry algebra, pre algebra and calculus. They combine this learning a little about each as you advance in the years. which is why there is an honors system. Basically we are going through the book a lot faster. Not all problems are like this, there are plenty of hard problems but this is just plain stupid to have an entire lesson on the number "0" for 10th graders, it's a waste of time and stupid.

Aram Sevag
11-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Common core completely eliminated trigonometry, geometry algebra, pre algebra and calculus. They combine this learning a little about each as you advance in the years. which is why there is an honors system. Basically we are going through the book a lot faster. Not all problems are like this, there are plenty of hard problems but this is just plain stupid to have an entire lesson on the number "0" for 10th graders, it's a waste of time and stupid.

Now that I think about it, it might be some sort of introduction to solving second degree equations.