PDA

View Full Version : Web Development (html)

Elusive
11-20-2015, 09:08 AM
I want to go in the field of Web Development for college and i'm trying to get as much knowledge as i can get from others. If there's anything i need to know that you wish you would've known when you first started learning to code. I understand the basics, which programs to learn and where to start. But if you can guide me, which is better to choose, front-end or back-end, and a whole list of questions i want to ask.

I was thinking back and forth if this was the correct subforum to post in but i don't know, sorry if it doesn't belong here. Surely there are some Growtopians here that know how to code. My last thread about my broken computer similar to this one got me a lot of help hopefully this one does too. I'll be damned to find someone else in my same shoes that went in the fields of web development or planning to and also plays one of my favorite games.

Nikita120
11-20-2015, 04:48 PM
This site really helped me.

26FtW26
11-20-2015, 05:03 PM
You'd definitely need more than just html for web development.

I myself am new to coding aswell, but my brother has done it as a job for years and he told me it's best to first learn Javascript alongside HTML.

|ThyLuigi|
11-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Taking notes to look back on helps.

craft3d
11-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Not trying to put down coders, but what is the big deal with coding things? I have never found it exactly interesting, so I wonder if someone could at least explain what's the big deal with coding.

|ThyLuigi|
11-20-2015, 10:52 PM
Not trying to put down coders, but what is the big deal with coding things? I have never found it exactly interesting, so I wonder if someone could at least explain what's the big deal with coding.

Making anything you could possibly imagine come to life is nice.

Elusive
11-20-2015, 11:00 PM
This site really helped me.

Thanks, it's got everything on there.

You'd definitely need more than just html for web development.

I myself am new to coding aswell, but my brother has done it as a job for years and he told me it's best to first learn Javascript alongside HTML.

Yea i don't know why i put html only as the title, i'm starting off with html as that's what everyone's told me, i wanted to attract the right people to read this thread. That's pretty neat that you have family, lucky of you if you decide to do this for the future.

syrup
11-20-2015, 11:06 PM
I want to go in the field of Web Development for college and i'm trying to get as much KNAWLEDGEas i can get from others. If there's anything i need to know that you wish you would've known when you first started learning to code. I understand the basics, which programs to learn and where to start. But if you can guide me, which is better to choose, front-end or back-end, and a whole list of questions i want to ask.

I was thinking back and forth if this was the correct subforum to post in but i don't know, sorry if it doesn't belong here. Surely there are some Growtopians here that know how to code. My last thread about my broken computer similar to this one got me a lot of help hopefully this one does too. I'll be damned to find someone else in my same shoes that went in the fields of web development or planning to and also plays one of my favorite games.

HERE IN MY GARAGE
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG-mXAFUkAADiRh.jpg