PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for the Administrators of the RTSoft Forums!

Galic
11-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Hello! I have thought of an idea that the Administrators (Most Likely Seth & Hamumu) to make an app of the RTSoft Forums.

Thanks for reading!

Post back only POSITIVE feedback, please.

|ThyLuigi|
11-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Please don't post two threads, it's spam.

Galic
11-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Please don't post two threads, it's spam.

Yeah, I know that. My friend told me it should go the the Tavern, so I posted it here.

Bruce Wayne
11-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Hello! I have thought of an idea that the Administrators (Most Likely Seth & Hamumu) to make an app of the RTSoft Forums.

Thanks for reading!

Post back only POSITIVE feedback, please.

why.

We have some apps, called Safari, Chrome, and Browser. Just saying.

Plus, it would be technically impossible. The server runs on vBulliten, something that dosent have app compatibility.

mrthadawee
11-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Seeing as you made another thread (this time in the correct subforum, thanks!). I'll just paste my reply from there to here.

Hello! I have thought of an idea that would really make something better.

I thought of making an RTSoft Forum App, so if you don't have access to your computer at the time, you can just post things with your Mobile!

I don't think this would be wise, for starters I believe there is already a vBulletin app that allows mobile devices to access vBulletin forums via an app. And if there isn't, as Bruce Wayne said, there may as well just be compatibility issues which render it impossible.
Also, there is nothing wrong with the website itself in desktop mode on a mobile, it just works, period. No use in trying to fix something that isn't broken. You can already do everything on a computer on these forums on a mobile. Try it!
There may as well be a security matter with a forum app NOT officially by vBulletin (the software of this forum), which could prove dangerous for normal users. Especially by someone who doesn't really know what they're doing.

Post back only POSITIVE feedback, please!
So actual constructive criticism is ignored? How will anyone get any progress if all they hear is stuff that makes them feel good? Nothing will get done unless someone with a logical and constructive mindset can simply take all feedback on board and better themselves based on it. If EVERYONE said "it's good" when it isn't. BAD things will happen as a result.
This is a basic logical fact, you're going to have to some crazy mental gymnastics to convince yourself to think otherwise.

Galic
11-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Seeing as you made another thread (this time in the correct subforum, thanks!). I'll just paste my reply from there to here.

I don't think this would be wise, for starters I believe there is already a vBulletin app that allows mobile devices to access vBulletin forums via an app. And if there isn't, as Bruce Wayne said, there may as well just be compatibility issues which render it impossible.
Also, there is nothing wrong with the website itself in desktop mode on a mobile, it just works, period. No use in trying to fix something that isn't broken. You can already do everything on a computer on these forums on a mobile. Try it!
There may as well be a security matter with a forum app NOT officially by vBulletin (the software of this forum), which could prove dangerous for normal users. Especially by someone who doesn't really know what they're doing.

So actual constructive criticism is ignored? How will anyone get any progress if all they hear is stuff that makes them feel good? Nothing will get done unless someone with a logical and constructive mindset can simply take all feedback on board and better themselves based on it. If EVERYONE said "it's good" when it isn't. BAD things will happen as a result.
This is a basic logical fact, you're going to have to some crazy mental gymnastics to convince yourself to think otherwise.

Yeah, I just thought of the idea of an app so it's really handy, but whatever :P

Also, the ''Post back only positive feedback, please'' wasn't really thought throw, I guess.

Thanks for the feedback :)

mrthadawee
11-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I just thought of the idea of an app so it's really handy, but whatever :P

Also, the ''Post back only positive feedback, please'' wasn't really thought throw, I guess.

Thanks for the feedback :)

No, I felt inclined to speak my mind, the fact you posted "only positive feedback" leads me to believe that YOU didn't think the thread through enough to be confident about any constructive criticism. If someone else thinks your idea won't work or isn't necessarily useful, the best thing is to either see why they have a point or try to explain your point on how it can be useful.

Bruce Wayne
11-21-2015, 11:40 PM
I totally agree with this idea! The mobile interface is so much better than something we are used to! Banners should be placed at the top of every page to annoy everyone! I totally use the YouTube app! :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find the app anywhere.

Android has Browser and Chrome, iOS has Safari.

Same thing kinda.

Bruce Wayne
11-21-2015, 11:49 PM
Eh, my phone didn't come with the stock browser for some weird reason.
It was never good on an S4 I tried though
I heard it supports flash

I don't think Chrome or Browser supports Flash, except it supports YouTube videos. Actually, Chrome blocked Flash after Amazon said they would no longer have Flash ads. So, only YT videos are supported.