PDA

View Full Version : PSLE Results!

proman340
11-25-2015, 07:31 AM
How much did you guys get?(People who tools PSLE this year)

I got 4 As!
Nvm I have problems posting pictures it just doesn't work sry

firekid
11-25-2015, 07:32 AM

I got 4 As!
Will reveal my result slip when someone post their's.:rolleyes:
O.o nice job bro. :hat:

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 07:35 AM

I got 4 As!
Will reveal my result slip when someone post their's.:rolleyes:

okie
if only my chinese got an a* as well... :cry:

proman340
11-25-2015, 07:38 AM
okie
if only my chinese got an a* as well... :cry:
OMG SIDBDINDSONSKEDN

O.o nice job bro. :hat:
Thanks!!!

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 07:43 AM
sleepymagnolia got 270 :0 :rolleyes:

psst you should probably use th other psle thread

Trolled
11-25-2015, 07:57 AM
this year psle is very easy... i heard many got very high... like 1 whole class got 260+

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 08:28 AM
this year psle is very easy... i heard many got very high... like 1 whole class got 260+

yup all papers were reasonably easy except chinese

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how it compares with last year.

last year's math psle paper was very very difficult compared to this year's

Danne Uriel Boiser
11-25-2015, 08:34 AM
Wha... what's inside here? :panic:

BoredSozes
11-25-2015, 08:39 AM
I think you guys should be sensitive to those people who did not do as well as you guys did, or those that feel disappointed with their results.

Congrats, however.

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 09:32 AM
I think you guys should be sensitive to those people who did not do as well as you guys did, or those that feel disappointed with their results.

Congrats, however.

it's not like we bragged about our results...
proman asked and i gave. just like that. no "haha i did better than you, you're bad!!11!!" or "i scored soooooo well!!1!1!!! no one can beat me!!!1!1!".
thanks, however. :o

Pimpster
11-25-2015, 09:34 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Last year's math paper was really easy o.O

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Last year's math paper was really easy o.O

wait... no... a few years back. lol

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Easy + not studied = problem
Easy + studied = good
Hard + not studied (properly)= ok

PSLE is weird.

bell curve, yo

Divine+
11-25-2015, 11:22 AM
The bell curve doesn't pull you up, it lowers cop

BoredSozes
11-25-2015, 01:01 PM
it's not like we bragged about our results...
proman asked and i gave. just like that. no "haha i did better than you, you're bad!!11!!" or "i scored soooooo well!!1!1!!! no one can beat me!!!1!1!".
thanks, however. :o

I'm not saying you in particular. I mean in general, you guys should not encourage sharing of results.

How do you think someone would feel if he/she scored like 150, and he/she decided to play away their miseries on Growtopia... and see how much better others scored in comparison?

I'm sure you know your results are one of the top/desired results in Singapore. Spare a thought for the people who may see your post and feel like a failure to their parents (some parents are very harsh on their kids).

There was a reason why MOE refused to share the top scorer in the PSLE exams in recent years...

@Proman

If you got all Ds for your PSLE and you go home crying, your parents look at you with that sad, unforgiving look of disappointment...
and you crawl to your room, turn on the computer... wishing to get your mind off your pain... and you see this thread blah blah i got 4As... this person got 260+... this person got 230.. and me? I can't even go to express stream. How would you feel?

Boomer
11-25-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm not saying you in particular. I mean in general, you guys should not encourage sharing of results.

How do you think someone would feel if he/she scored like 150, and he/she decided to play away their miseries on Growtopia... and see how much better others scored in comparison?

I'm sure you know your results are one of the top/desired results in Singapore. Spare a thought for the people who may see your post and feel like a failure to their parents (some parents are very harsh on their kids).

There was a reason why MOE refused to share the top scorer in the PSLE exams in recent years...

@Proman

If you got all Ds for your PSLE and you go home crying, your parents look at you with that sad, unforgiving look of disappointment...
and you crawl to your room, turn on the computer... wishing to get your mind off your pain... and you see this thread blah blah i got 4As... this person got 260+... this person got 230.. and me? I can't even go to express stream. How would you feel?

I suppose we should also refrain from posting things like "Yay I finally got 50 DLs!" because then it'll make newbies feel poor, right? Or "yay I graduated high school" because there's that one kid who got set back a year?

What you're basically saying is that we should not post achievements because it will always make that one kid who couldn't feel bad.

ElectroDream
11-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Do you understand how PSLE works?

She's from SG. ._.

Even I know how it works, though just a bit.

Basically, score high and get into this express school.
Score low and you'll be sent to *ehem* school.

BoredSozes
11-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Do you understand how PSLE works?

Yes i do, i'm Singaporean. Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Even some people I asked in real life don't understand PSLE bases your score off the average.

For example, if you are the only one who got D for every subject, and everyone else in the whole country got U, you are going to get a very high score. Above 290 (?)

There has never been a year where everyone else in the country got a U. The bell curve is more or less stable, it is definitely not an entire 2 grades off per year. Therefore, it is likely that a person who got all Ds will be getting 100+, or maybe even less.

It's very easy. If you get 230-240+, likely you got around 4 As/3As 1A*. If you got 250+, likely you got 2A* and above. If you got 260+ and above, likely you got 3A* and above. 270+ probably 3A*-4A*. Since A* is the highest distinction, it is likely that the average normative bell curve score per subject will lie between a high B to A grade. I'm guessing that the average T-score is 200 or so.

BoredSozes
11-25-2015, 02:11 PM
10 characters

Yes, likely. Likely is a very high probability. :)

So if your friend is in that ultra tiny minority, well he's an outlier but that does not invalidate my point.

There is always that 0.000000001% your roof collapses on you in modern Singapore.

My point still stands that a person with Ds will not likely get 290+, or even anywhere near that. He is likely to get below 200.

If you can find a person who got all Ds in PSLE andgot anywhere near 290, i'll go to your house and give you $100 for free.

Note:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/parliamentary-replies/2010/07/reveal-psle-raw-scores.php

1. Shows that trends for specific grade distribution have also remained relatively stable during the 3-year period, with 1 to 2%-point variation. (A to C grades)
2. Shows that a large majority of the student population scores A to C grades in every subject (80-90+%) -> Getting a D is definitely below average -> Student with straight Ds will never get above 200 T-score in Singapore's context.

Mark Chong
11-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Talking about psle results, I did badly last year:crazy:

Bejewled
11-25-2015, 03:51 PM
No one has even bothered to explain what the hell PLSE is yet?

Joshcat
11-25-2015, 04:01 PM

I think it's obvious.

Tech
11-25-2015, 04:03 PM

The Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) is a national examination in Singapore administered by the Ministry of Education and taken by all students near the end of their sixth year in primary school before they move on to secondary school.

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 11:39 PM
It's very easy. If you get 230-240+, likely you got around 4 As/3As 1A*. If you got 250+, likely you got 2A* and above. If you got 260+ and above, likely you got 3A* and above. 270+ probably 3A*-4A*. Since A* is the highest distinction, it is likely that the average normative bell curve score per subject will lie between a high B to A grade. I'm guessing that the average T-score is 200 or so.

ding ding ding
you do know your psle stuff, having done it 7 years ago...
the average tscore is 200. its calculated in a way to be so that every subject's average is 50.

Boy255
11-25-2015, 11:42 PM

- - - Updated - - -

(Chinse the languange i always get C or B)

I heard no one in my school got 240+ but i think thats very true.

[

There has never been a year where everyone else in the country got a U. The bell curve is more or less stable, it is definitely not an entire 2 grades off per year. Therefore, it is likely that a person who got all Ds will be getting 100+, or maybe even less.

It's very easy. If you get 230-240+, likely you got around 4 As/3As 1A*. If you got 250+, likely you got 2A* and above. If you got 260+ and above, likely you got 3A* and above. 270+ probably 3A*-4A*. Since A* is the highest distinction, it is likely that the average normative bell curve score per subject will lie between a high B to A grade. I'm guessing that the average T-score is 200 or so.[/QUOTE]
U totally missed his point,IF.Then they will get very high marks..

Yes, likely. Likely is a very high probability. :)

So if your friend is in that ultra tiny minority, well he's an outlier but that does not invalidate my point.

There is always that 0.000000001% your roof collapses on you in modern Singapore.

My point still stands that a person with Ds will not likely get 290+, or even anywhere near that. He is likely to get below 200.

If you can find a person who got all Ds in PSLE andgot anywhere near 290, i'll go to your house and give you $100 for free.

Note:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/parliamentary-replies/2010/07/reveal-psle-raw-scores.php

1. Shows that trends for specific grade distribution have also remained relatively stable during the 3-year period, with 1 to 2%-point variation. (A to C grades)
2. Shows that a large majority of the student population scores A to C grades in every subject (80-90+%) -> Getting a D is definitely below average -> Student with straight Ds will never get above 200 T-score in Singapore's context.
You again missed his point

- - - Updated - - -

Also P.S

Primary 6=6th grade in america,so by then they will be in middle school,which is the sec school equilavant

KKcupcake
11-25-2015, 11:44 PM
The bell curve doesn't pull you up, it lowers cop

i guess its kind of both.
if everyone scores low, cop is lowered, if everyone scores high, cop is raised.

bell curve benefits people like the geppers or the smarty pants greatly, esp. when a paper is tough, bc most students dk how to do, but they know, so they will be scoring very high compared to other students. this will make their subject score shoot up due to the fact that there are probably more people who did not know how to do, than the people who know how to do.

for easy papers, these people know how to do, but so does everyone else, so even if they get an almost perfect score, other people can do it too, so that makes their subject score less, due to the greater amount of people scoring near perfect scores as well.

4youu
11-26-2015, 02:20 AM
Took PSLE 4 years ago.

Aggregate: 214 lmao.

CrimsonLol
11-26-2015, 02:27 AM
Seeing so many high results, getting 239 isn't that impressive anymore.

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Seeing so many high results, getting 239 isn't that impressive anymore.

it can still guarantee you a few reputable schools, and its not bad, in fact, you did pretty well. good job!

CrimsonLol
11-26-2015, 02:33 AM
it can still guarantee you a few reputable schools, and its not bad, in fact, you did pretty well. good job!

Thank you. The only reputable school I think I can enter is Anglican High, since I just managed to hit their cut-off point.

xlightswitch
11-26-2015, 02:46 AM
I took the exam last year. 226. :C

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 05:17 AM
Thank you. The only reputable school I think I can enter is Anglican High, since I just managed to hit their cut-off point.

Yup, put that as first choice and put some schools that have almost 100% chance that you will get in as 2nd and 3rd choice.

BoredSozes
11-26-2015, 06:05 AM
I heard no one in my school got 240+ but i think thats very true.

[

U totally missed his point,IF.Then they will get very high marks..

You again missed his point

- - - Updated - - -

Also P.S

Primary 6=6th grade in america,so by then they will be in middle school,which is the sec school equilavant

================================================== =============================
(Something wrong with the quote)
His point was that its on a bell curve and that having Ds does not necessarily mean that he/she will get a low score - it is possible to get a high score because of the average. His third point (bolding the word likely) implies that he believes my point is automatically invalid because its a statistical probability, meaning it's not always true.

I have never disagreed with the fact that the PSLE scores are based on a normative bell curve.

I absolutely contend that his second point is wrong.

His third point just reeks of a lazy argument, if the probability is 0.0000001%, that's hardly noteworthy. In every situation there is a flipside, but since the possibility is that small, we often ignore it. We cannot possible account for every single 0.00001% scenario in the world. It is not realistic and will never be.

Now tell me again how did i miss his point? I pointed out all that info to show that having Ds in today's context will invariably mean that he/she will get a low score (below average) on the bell curve.

mokky
11-26-2015, 06:08 AM
Pfft
Psle these days are way easier then when I took it.

My paper was heckuva hard.

BoredSozes
11-26-2015, 06:15 AM
ding ding ding
you do know your psle stuff, having done it 7 years ago...
the average tscore is 200. its calculated in a way to be so that every subject's average is 50.

It's because my mom is in the tuition business (matches clients to teachers). So i hear it like everyday until i kinda wanna puke.

- - - Updated - - -

Pfft

Well easy or hard is subjective right. :)

xlightswitch
11-26-2015, 06:47 AM
what .
Oh, I mean I took PSLE last year and I got 226.

idk if it's low or high hah

mokky
11-26-2015, 06:49 AM
It's because my mom is in the tuition business (matches clients to teachers). So i hear it like everyday until i kinda wanna puke.

- - - Updated - - -

Well easy or hard is subjective right. :)

It was hard for my year.

The next batch had a surpringly better average.

ezereal
11-26-2015, 06:54 AM
To all p6 here come to jurongville next year!!!!!!

We got:

High ranking sport teams (looking at outhouse from sepak takraw and soccer)

4 comp labs (hehe u guys know I go on forums from there sometimes....)

Canteen even sells SUSHI AND JAPANESE FOOD!!!!!!!

Lower sec recess is at 9.30 (early)

School arcade room open almost everyday till 4/5 pm (is it ps4 or Xbox..... I forgotten but there is a pool table and wii)

Art club so ezereal gor gor can take care of you ( no joke, I am cca leader.....)

So pls, make jurongville a choice

(To those who got 215 or something like that, basically a range that very less schools have, we are looking for you, pls join and I hope u have a good secondary school experience)

mokky
11-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Ayy lmao come kent ridge http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-de-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon/

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 07:28 AM
i'm not even in scgs secondary (but @ girls who scored high come here pls i'm also going there,
we got
12 different food stalls, sushi, spaghetti, juices, all sorts of drinks, fruits, mee kia, mee pok, fried rice, Chicken popcorn/nuggets/fingers, nasi lemak, curry puffs, fries, and wedges!!!!
Com labs
Big field and running track
A whole load of ccas
Good track record
Good at sports
Koi pond
Newly renovated kitchens
Rich kids who are actually nice
Nice people
Many opportunities, you might be able to go Malacca, vietnam, usa, cambridge, hong kong,

idek what its like there but i have school spirit so yeah come scgs
you have to score over 245 though

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Pfft

when did you take it?

BearFUL
11-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Wah fsx.. Not bad.

Nathan Shew
11-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Come to Hwa Chong
We have 3 canteens
It is IP
we have air-con for sec 3 and above
We have a high cut-off point (Sorry about that)

KK No RI

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Wah fsx.. Not bad.

wat are you talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Come to Hwa Chong
We have 3 canteens
It is IP
we have air-con for sec 3 and above
We have a high cut-off point (Sorry about that)

KK No RI

whaaat
your school is op
but ri is probably better

KKcupcake
11-26-2015, 12:15 PM
In the flying club CCA we do flight simulation on school laptops most of the time.

coool
scgs doesn't have a flying club, but that's okay bc i'd rather go to the infocomm club anyways.