PDA

View Full Version : why do people always say this

AdminBro
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM
In my area, ppl always say things give them "cancer". Being someone who saw a loved one pass because of cancer, this :poop: pisses me OFF. They probably never experienced the anguish. Why?

BoredSozes
12-02-2015, 09:04 PM
In my area, ppl always say things give them "cancer". Being someone who saw a loved one pass because of cancer, this :poop: pisses me OFF. They probably never experienced the anguish. Why?

Because they've never experienced the anguish. I dont think they really mean any offense to ppl who have cancer, they just need an insult to describe their anger and irritation. Just like how people use the word "gay", but many of them dont have anything against gays.

Metalwire
12-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Many people are ignorant with the actual meaning of the word that they make a unnecessary comment about it. It shows a great level of immaturity by improperly bringing up the word.

Typical
12-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Probably referring to this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet+Cancer). You must be relatively new to online jargons (and quite frankly, too sensitive) if these kinda things bother you. Don't even get me started on stuff like "that X gave me autism!"

Crazyjulie
12-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Yeah, it kind of sets me off when someone says this, because my father died due to stomach cancer. Some people don't know I feel and some made a joke about it. :/

Tempting
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM
This is similar to why people make fun of sex. It's reproduction, not a joke. My relative was diagnosed with cancer, and she will live, but when I saw her on thanksgiving, she didn't look very healthy. I don't understand directly, but I don't make fun of it, and neither should others.

Defuse
12-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Many people are ignorant with the actual meaning of the word that they make a unnecessary comment about it. It shows a great level of immaturity by improperly bringing up the word.yet you say it to someone

Metalwire
12-02-2015, 09:58 PM
yet you say it to someone

i've never used the word cancer as a joke

iFrostSpark
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Probably referring to this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet+Cancer). You must be relatively new to online jargons (and quite frankly, too sensitive) if these kinda things bother you. Don't even get me started on stuff like "that X gave me autism!"

yay, someone else knows the internet language in this forum :crazy:

Christopher
12-02-2015, 11:37 PM
It was kind of funny a long time ago with the Spider-Man Meme "that post was so stupid it gave me cancer" but it good old and lost its.. Funniness

I've seen a couple of people say these forums are cancerous, pretty lame.

- - - Updated - - -

yay, someone else knows the internet language in this forum :crazy:

Most of us do, it's just not funny. Jokes get old :excl: :nope: :prophet: :panic: :nuke:

PvP4MC
12-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Thanks for making this thread, this issue needs to be resolved. Not just from Growtopia; but from life.

JOSHIE63
12-03-2015, 12:15 AM
It is metaphorical, though I doubt half the offended with an ounce of understanding comprehend what the connection is. Honestly, what pisses me off is hypocrisy — more so than the no-no words.

Boy255
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM
What i wanted to say ^^^ but if they disagree with these dictionaryever since its a jokethen they shouldnt be on the internet.

It was kind of funny a long time ago with the Spider-Man Meme "that post was so stupid it gave me cancer" but it good old and lost its.. Funniness

I've seen a couple of people say these forums are cancerous, pretty lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of us do, it's just not funny. Jokes get old :excl: :nope: :prophet: :panic: :nuke:
Its not supposed to be funny..

Also since when is "Man this is gona gime cancer!"a joke?Isnt it an insult?

grapezzzz19
12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgoQw5wMWo

i hope this doesnt help.

Megazork
12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Because it's important to warn our comrades

AdminBro
12-03-2015, 03:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgoQw5wMWo

i hope this doesnt help.

Pls don't show our community filthy frank pls. Geez....

AdminBro
12-03-2015, 05:08 PM
I've only encountered this in a boy-only school. :rolleyes:

Boys r less mature ;---; its tru ima boy.

Areodax
12-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Pls don't show our community filthy frank pls. Geez....

why? it's just a channel that releases (surprisingly) entertaining content like any youtuber.

anyone with a brain knows he's not taking it seriously, right?

JOSHIE63
12-03-2015, 07:30 PM
why? it's just a channel that releases (surprisingly) entertaining content like any youtuber.

anyone with a brain knows he's not taking it seriously, right?

How could I live without his weeaboo and Internet rapper videos? He literally says what everyone else is thinking.