PDA

View Full Version : Random Programming Questions.

|ThyLuigi|
12-05-2015, 11:48 PM
I'd like to know as many programming languages that can make games. That is all.

List
C#
C++
Objective C
Java
VB
OpenGL
Flash
HTML
AJAX
JavaScript
CoffeeScript
Ruby
Swift

Indicative
12-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Depends on platform you're developing.

Big console games are developed in C++, with C and Assembly for low-level engine modules. Graphics is supplemented with Cg/HLSL - shader videoprocessor code within OpenGL or DirectX frameworks. Big Windows game development is about the same.

Small console games on XBox Live Arcade or Windows can also be developed in C#, Java, or VB, with or without shader code depending how intensive or custom the graphics is for your game.

iOS games for iPhone/iPad/iPod are usually developed in Objective C, although it is possible to write C++ code (if you're willing to jump through hoops and dislike Objective C that much).

Android games are usually Java. Or C++ if you're willing to go native and solve cros--device compatibility issues. Shader code for graphics is done in OpenGL (or variations of).

Other mobile platforms are either C++, Java, or some custom language framework.

Web and Facebook games in the browser are either Flash (Action Script) or increasingly HTML5 and/or AJAX (HTML and JavaScript, with or without WebGL or SVG if you need more complex or 3D graphics).

|ThyLuigi|
12-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Depends on platform you're developing.

Big console games are developed in C++, with C and Assembly for low-level engine modules. Graphics is supplemented with Cg/HLSL - shader videoprocessor code within OpenGL or DirectX frameworks. Big Windows game development is about the same.

Small console games on XBox Live Arcade or Windows can also be developed in C#, Java, or VB, with or without shader code depending how intensive or custom the graphics is for your game.

iOS games for iPhone/iPad/iPod are usually developed in Objective C, although it is possible to write C++ code (if you're willing to jump through hoops and dislike Objective C that much).

Android games are usually Java. Or C++ if you're willing to go native and solve cros--device compatibility issues. Shader code for graphics is done in OpenGL (or variations of).

Other mobile platforms are either C++, Java, or some custom language framework.

Web and Facebook games in the browser are either Flash (Action Script) or increasingly HTML5 and/or AJAX (HTML and JavaScript, with or without WebGL or SVG if you need more complex or 3D graphics).

Well, I didn't know much about mobile, flash, android...wew, thanks. But (dun dun dun), I'm just curious, not asking for anything specfic to a platform.

Tootsmcgee
12-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Ruby is good I like it because I belive it is used to make most IOS apps

|ThyLuigi|
12-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Ruby is good I like it because I belive it is used to make most IOS apps

What a coincedence, I'm learning it!
I can barely get on a computer tho...maybe I should save up for one...

Divine+
12-06-2015, 12:37 AM
C++ offers most object orientation
Java masterrace
nub ruby

Pluvio
12-06-2015, 01:20 AM
Y U FORGET SCRATCH ITZ EZEST PROGRAM LANGUAGE M8
ITZ REEL BELEV ME! ALL YOU DOOZ IS DRAGZ DEM BOXES AND PUT DEM TOGETHER!!!
https://scratch.mit.edu <--- Link

|ThyLuigi|
12-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Y U FORGET SCRATCH ITZ EZEST PROGRAM LANGUAGE M8
ITZ REEL BELEV ME! ALL YOU DOOZ IS DRAGZ DEM BOXES AND PUT DEM TOGETHER!!!
https://scratch.mit.edu <--- Link

I'd rather do Malbolge. Fun fact: The first "Hello World" in Malbolge was HELLO WORld, and it was proclaimed "good enough" by the creator.