PDA

View Full Version : Need help - for those that know technology.

SilentDogs
12-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Hey guys! I need advice or a good explanation. So I have an Ipod 5th generation, and it was working perfectly fine this morning, till all of a sudden the home button doesn't work. If I push it as hard as I can, than it sometimes works - but I have no idea what is going on.

I need help! Thanks! :hat:

SilentDogs
12-13-2015, 11:27 PM
It broke. Use assistive touch.

I guess I'll have to use assistive touch. Thanks! :nope:

optimuswhat
12-13-2015, 11:29 PM
You'll need to pay to get it fixed, or do it yourself.

Protip: use assistive touch more than the home button on any future phones. I navigate my entire iPad without touching the home button at all (excluding powering it on, but I use the power button mostly).

legonerd
12-13-2015, 11:30 PM
push it down 2 times really fast. If that doesn't work just press down on it once but aggressively try not to break it though

Frekoos
12-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Hey guys! I need advice or a good explanation. So I have an Ipod 5th generation, and it was working perfectly fine this morning, till all of a sudden the home button doesn't work. If I push it as hard as I can, than it sometimes works - but I have no idea what is going on.

Home button sometimes gathers dust inside it.Happened 3 times to my brother,solved by using a air conditioner on soft mode to blow dust out of it.

Also, Android muster race

PvP4MC
12-13-2015, 11:41 PM
I would just order a new home button. I like the ones with Emoji faces or decorations on them! :yeah:

piebucks3344
12-13-2015, 11:43 PM
I know computer technology!
I know that the keyboard has 26 letters. I know that there are ten numbers on the keyboard. I know that there is probably 1 gazillion symbols. Blah. Blah. Blah...
2 hours L8R...
I know that the computer has a lot of damn circuits. Yak. Yak. Yak...
8 hours L8R...
I know that computers have chips. Blah. Blah. Blah...
512 hours L8R...
I know computers have screens. Blah. Blah. Blah...
1.3798x10^10 years L8R...
and, I know that computers are awesome!
Guys?

Frekoos
12-13-2015, 11:45 PM
I know computer technology!
I know that the keyboard has 26 letters. I know that there are ten numbers on the keyboard. I know that there is probably 1 gazillion symbols. Blah. Blah. Blah...
2 hours L8R...
I know that the computer has a lot of damn circuits. Yak. Yak. Yak...
8 hours L8R...
I know that computers have chips. Blah. Blah. Blah...
512 hours L8R...
I know computers have screens. Blah. Blah. Blah...
1.3798x10^10 years L8R...
and, I know that computers are awesome!
Guys?

Do not make fun of something,if it is too complicated for you (stuff you said are not complicated) , just leave it be.

craft3d
12-13-2015, 11:58 PM

Unless you want to risk breaking it more by fixing it by yourself (not saying you will, you're smart enough to understand how to fix it, just saying it's risky), you should take it to a certified technician.

Hopefully it gets fixed.

Spit
12-14-2015, 12:00 AM
Hmm... I had the same problem. Try putting your ipod in the microwave! That fixed mine.

SilentDogs
12-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the advice, ya'll! For now it's on assistrive mode, I might just take it to a technician to get it fixed - I don't want to take the risk and break my IPod.

Boy255
12-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi!

Whenever you need some help with ipods,you can call 1234 6969.However right now i am offering free tips.You can either put your phone in the microphone for more crisps,or wash it with detergent AND bleach.That way the screen will be solid like a cream pie!

Remember,if you need more tips,just remember to dial 1234-6969!
Have a good day!

Or check out this steps by steps with pictures video.
https://youtu.be/lPunkSBy6tc

Boy255
12-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Lol another reason I dislike apple- they fall apart FAST. barely dropping them cracks the screen

Actually i drop my ipad like 69 times already but no damage

SilentDogs
12-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Hi!

Whenever you need some help with ipods,you can call 1234 6969.However right now i am offering free tips.You can either put your phone in the microphone for more crisps,or wash it with detergent AND bleach.That way the screen will be solid like a cream pie!

Remember,if you need more tips,just remember to dial 1234-6969!
Have a good day!

Or check out this steps by steps with pictures video.
https://youtu.be/lPunkSBy6tc

This isn't funny y'know, none of these trolls are.:whistling:

Wolf404
12-14-2015, 02:02 AM
Ok so I KNOW ur problem.. This can happen to all buttons on the I devices. The button has been pressed so hard and much, that the button has been knocked out of place. The simple solutions is to fix it urself. U need to be able to open the back of the device. Once u are in.. ur a gonna have to remove every piece of hardware to get to the main frame.But U need to make a LITTLE slot of aluminum folded.. experiment bcuz THERE is no exact size.. But the Aluminum Foil Has to be folded to make it hard... you take the foil and slide it I'm between the touch button and the hardware button.. This makes a solid object that pushes the button. .. or u can just use assistance touch.

KKcupcake
12-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Lol another reason I dislike apple- they fall apart FAST. barely dropping them cracks the screen

lmao i have dropped my 4 year old iphone 4 10+ times, most on the screen side (oops), but the only damage is a teeny tiny, almost invisible scratch, not even on the screen.

optimuswhat
12-14-2015, 02:26 AM
Ok so I KNOW ur problem.. This can happen to all buttons on the I devices. The button has been pressed so hard and much, that the button has been knocked out of place. The simple solutions is to fix it urself. U need to be able to open the back of the device. Once u are in.. ur a gonna have to remove every piece of hardware to get to the main frame.But U need to make a LITTLE slot of aluminum folded.. experiment bcuz THERE is no exact size.. But the Aluminum Foil Has to be folded to make it hard... you take the foil and slide it I'm between the touch button and the hardware button.. This makes a solid object that pushes the button. .. or u can just use assistance touch.

Why would you need to remove the back? You need to remove the front.

piebucks3344
12-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Do not make fun of something,if it is too complicated for you (stuff you said are not complicated) , just leave it be.

It was a joke -.-