PDA

View Full Version : How did You start gaming?

DropeTD
12-14-2015, 10:25 PM
I would like to know how you started gaming. I think the stories would be interesting.

Here's mine.

When I was 6 I used to play two player games with my best friend. We played random games for a year, before mmos were a thing. Suddenly they started coming out. We played some RPGs but became Op as they wouldn't update fast enough. We found a little game called AAdventure Quest World's (not Adventure Quest). We played this for some time. Then the Right RuneScape came out. It was amazing and I got to lol 120 something.g without membership. After that he found a Sandbox called Roblox. We played it for some years and I even got my classmates to join.
When I came to my friends house he showed me Half Life 2 on Steam. We played some FPS games. I bought MineCraft, and my best friend hated it. whilst looking for a free MineCraft for my phone I stumbled on GrowTopia.

Chocolatte
12-14-2015, 10:34 PM
I would like to know how you started gaming. I think the stories would be interesting.

Here's mine.

When I was 6 I used to play two player games with my best friend. We played random games for a year, before mmos were a thing. Suddenly they started coming out. We played some RPGs but became Op as they wouldn't update fast enough. We found a little game called AAdventure Quest World's (not Adventure Quest). We played this for some time. Then the Right RuneScape came out. It was amazing and I got to lol 120 something.g without membership. After that he found a Sandbox called Roblox. We played it for some years and I even got my classmates to join.
When I came to my friends house he showed me Half Life 2 on Steam. We played some FPS games. I bought MineCraft, and my best friend hated it. whilst looking for a free MineCraft for my phone I stumbled on GrowTopia.

When I was a little kid, I loved toys and disney princesses, as most four year old girls did at my time. Then one Christmas, my parents got me this little gaming console that I loved. It had 12 games and I strived to beat my high scores. When I got a little older, I used to play games with my guy friends because at the time, they were the only others who played video games. As I grew into elementary school, I loved a wide range of games from the classic Mario to MMORPGs like Club Penguin. (Yes, it is an MMORPG.) As I grew even older, maybe halfway to three-quarters through elementary school, I quit Club Penguin and Webkinz etc. to play more games like Mario and Kirby and other slightly more mature/complex games. A few years ago, I had some friends that introduced me to Growtopia, and I fell in love with the game. I was really into the fact that it was pretty unique. Lately, I've played Minecraft, Growtopia (huehue), Clash of Clans (although I may quit soon x.x) and probably will start WOW, Sims, etc.

Quardon
12-14-2015, 10:35 PM
So. I have a brother that is 4 years older than me (He is 19 now and doesn't play the game).
He started playing the he was 16 or so ( I was 12 ) He is a super growtopia veteran, he played then there was 50 players online, and ATM costed 1-2 World Locks these days! Can you believe that !?
He offered to play it with him but i disagreed with him hundreds of times and said this game is for 7 yo kids.
But then I started playing it with him was super fun! He stopped playing about 2 months from my start, i was really sad, untill now i was desperate in growtopia waiting to find some true friends, which I never did, thats why i recently joined the forums...
Thanks for reading.

TheRealThatGuy
12-14-2015, 10:35 PM
When I was a little kid, I loved toys and disney princesses, as most four year old girls did at my time. Then one Christmas, my parents got me this little gaming console that I loved. It had 12 games and I strived to beat my high scores. When I got a little older, I used to play games with my guy friends because at the time, they were the only others who played video games. As I grew into elementary school, I loved a wide range of games from the classic Mario to MMORPGs like Club Penguin. (Yes, it is an MMORPG.) As I grew even older, maybe halfway to three-quarters through elementary school, I quit Club Penguin and Webkinz etc. to play more games like Mario and Kirby and other slightly more mature/complex games. A few years ago, I had some friends that introduced me to Growtopia, and I fell in love with the game. I was really into the fact that it was pretty unique. Lately, I've played Minecraft, Growtopia (huehue), Clash of Clans (although I may quit soon x.x) and probably will start WOW, Sims, etc.

wait, are you a girl? :scratch::confused:

Chocolatte
12-14-2015, 10:37 PM
wait, are you a girl? :scratch::confused:

Yus. Did you not know?

GummiBear64
12-14-2015, 10:40 PM
I had cousins whom had a GameCube.
We played Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party and a wider assortment of games.
I was young. I think I was, like, 6.

Solsagann
12-14-2015, 10:44 PM
My parents play videogames for a few decades (they both have a gaming pc in their room and play FFXIV together) so it started a while back. I remember the PS1 in 2001/2, playing Driver, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc. My very first MMO was Anarchy Online in 2003, I had great times there.

EDIT : Almost forgot, my oldest memory is actually probably Gauntlet on our old Amiga in 99.

GummiBear64
12-14-2015, 10:46 PM
My parents play videogames for a few decades (they both have a gaming pc in their room and play FFXIV together) so it started a while back. I remember the PS1 in 2001/2, playing Driver, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc. My very first MMO was Anarchy Online in 2003, I had great times there.

Crash Bandicoot was, and always will be the bomb-diggity.

Tempting
12-14-2015, 11:36 PM
When I was 8, in first grade, I got a DS. A played that thing every moment I could. I have Mario Kart to thank.

MyLegGuy
12-14-2015, 11:42 PM
My older brothers played games, so I played games.
Played a lot of Smash Melee, and Metroid Prime 2 multplayer.
Oh, and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

And I have a hard time trying to comprehend why people inset a capital letter in the middle of Minecraft. It just makes it look so wrong.

Chocolatte
12-14-2015, 11:44 PM
And I have a hard time trying to comprehend why people inset a capital letter in the middle of Minecraft. It just makes it look so wrong.

Same bruh. I mean like Minecraft looks so much more normal than MineCraft.

Or does it?

Divine+
12-14-2015, 11:50 PM
First game I played ever was PvZ...
my father liked it too so we hacked the game. Good ol times

Sk8ter
12-14-2015, 11:52 PM
I pressed Play.

The first game I ever played was 007 on the Nintendo 64 when I was about...5 years old? I don't remember. Then I got a Playstation and started playing Spyro, Twisted Metal, Crash, some weird skating game, and Reel Fishing. From there I went to Nintendo DS. I binge played New Super Mario Bros, then went back to Playstation (wooo Diablo.)

I play Playstation 4 games now cuz Playstation is lyfe.

Obliderate
12-15-2015, 12:00 AM
I was really young. My parents got me this console called a v-smile, which had toddler games. I was so interested in it, and I played it all day long.
Then we took a huge step up and got a gamecube. I played kirby air ride and some other games on it, then one christmas we got a wii. We also played that a ton. Mainly SSBB. Then we got an xbox. At the time I was really into minecraft, and played the pe a ton. I used hex editor to put tnt into it and I blew up everything. I got minecraft for the xbox and was really entertained. Then I got a laptop and came absorbed into it. I was watching twitch and saw splatoon on it... So now I have a Wii U.

KKcupcake
12-15-2015, 12:04 AM
got a wii when i was seven and played it every weekend, usually played wii sports/games/super smash bros melee.

TorPlaya
12-15-2015, 12:23 AM
i found out about pogo.com, flyordie.com and habbo.com when I was 3/4/5 years old

just gonna say that that computer was very crappy until I got another one at 9 years old I am using and very happy with now and couldn't run anything else much.

not even growtopia, it runs at less 0.5fps

wew that fps is so low

Boy255
12-15-2015, 12:24 AM
From somewhere in the range of 6-8,i got a NDS.I got quite a number of pirated by my dadgames,included...nvm.Too much..

ALEXOVER
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Found it!
I had this little football game my grandmother gave almost 15 Years ago. I'll try and find a picture HaHa:)
~Rock

LolDawn
12-15-2015, 01:34 AM

Here's mine.

played sbbm when i was a youngin, bought a gamecube, started pc gaming, end of story