PDA

View Full Version : Urmm.. is my family normal..?

Punch
12-17-2015, 03:03 AM
Since nobody knows me irl I'll just release some stress.

I was foruming, just started about 10 minutes ago.
Dad : [Name] come here.
Me : Ok.
So I came there, just to know it was chess, again, he was teaching me the same trick like yesterday, it is also the 7-9th time he told me that in a week.
Me : Dad, I mastered this one, k.
Dad : cat poop, go away u idiot <- Be warned that this is in a spoiler.
Left without debating, was chatting with my mom when my dad popped out and slapped me. Then I left again, and went to take a nice bath. And when I was eating..
Dad : [Mom's name], did you see our son? I saw him crying like a poor baby upstairs.
Me : Wot.
Dad : I called you [things in spoiler] for a reason, my intentions is good, to teach you, idiot.
Takes food and gone upstairs to my bedroom, and locked it for safety purposes [past experience].
*dad leaves to work, came down after he did*

I'm just wondering if every family is like this, because I'm feeling kinda depressed, he compared me to everybody that's good at what their doing, like [name] is a basketball champion at school, dad says I'm horrible cause I'm not the champion in everything, even when I can't play basket, when my friends get an 100 I get scolded for getting a 95, when I get a 100 he didn't say a thing. Argh. What should I do? If he comes back home I can't lock myself in my room again, I'll get scolded even worse,If I don't, I have a 99% chance of getting another slap.

Indicative
12-17-2015, 03:10 AM
Depends on the definition of "normal" in your perspective.

For me, I think your dad is emotional and is currently facing a problem that makes him released his stress by swearing to you.

Trolled
12-17-2015, 03:13 AM
Or he has Schizophrenia and have hallucination of you as someone else. (Take it as someone who is Extremely high on drugs.)

Don't worry. All Dads are like that. They want their child to do their best...

Wait a minute, if you're watching Bok* No Pic* while not locking your door, You're in deep trouble I suppose.

|ThyLuigi|
12-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Sounds like an ass.

peck
12-17-2015, 03:24 AM
If you can't handle it then cps.

SpeedFreakz
12-17-2015, 03:31 AM
your parents don't love you

I'm orphan ;-;

misascool
12-17-2015, 03:34 AM
I think your dad a bit emotional.
Maybe you can discuss with your mom, and ask her to told your father that youre hurt with what he did?
I always got hit by a belt when i was little. But never get slap.

ElectroDream
12-17-2015, 03:36 AM
Your dad probably has anger issues. My dad also says anything bad about me in front of me and my mom to embarrass me, but that never works.

Punch
12-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Depends on the definition of "normal" in your perspective.

For me, I think your dad is emotional and is currently facing a problem that makes him released his stress by swearing to you.

I mean like, similar to most families out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Or he has Schizophrenia and have hallucination of you as someone else. (Take it as someone who is Extremely high on drugs.)

Don't worry. All Dads are like that. They want their child to do their best...

Wait a minute, if you're watching Bok* No Pic* while not locking your door, You're in deep trouble I suppose.

He doesn't have Schizophrenia, he's a doctor and he does medical checkups on himself in a commercial labotarium monthly.

No, I only watched the first 10 seconds of the anime, and never watched animes ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an ass.

I don't know what to say. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I cri everytiem

- - - Updated - - -

I think your dad a bit emotional.
Maybe you can discuss with your mom, and ask her to told your father that youre hurt with what he did?
I always got hit by a belt when i was little. But never get slap.

Did it, what happened is my bathroom door, which is partly glass gets a huge crack.

- - - Updated - - -

Your dad probably has anger issues. My dad also says anything bad about me in front of me and my mom to embarrass me, but that never works.

Y u so patient :cry:

BioTestificate
12-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Maybe he needs some "family tiem." Try to understand the situation first.

Well, if he does that for no apparent reason, well, I am not here to give you advice about it.

XDCorez
12-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Ask your mom,

To have a "conversation" with daddy

if you know what i mean

Alyz
12-17-2015, 12:49 PM
My mom abuses me, and she lives a happy life, has a good salary, and a loving family. Sometimes i just reflect if she's normal. She hits me with her bag, she slaps me and she bumps my head on the wall, and many other things. I assess she's bipolar. She gets all lovey-dovey the next day or the next few hours. My dad works abroad and he doesn't know about the abuse. She's usually like that when I get low grades. We're on the same boat, I guess.

Unluckiest
12-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Ask your mom,

if you know what i mean

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Punch
12-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Maybe he needs some "family tiem." Try to understand the situation first.

Well, if he does that for no apparent reason, well, I am not here to give you advice about it.

Maybe he does.. he works every single day so we rarely meet.. :nope:

WAQKY
12-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Tell your mom to talk some sense into him.

Punch
12-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Ask your mom,

if you know what i mean

I-I don't get it, considering your location it must be something related to sexual things.

- - - Updated - - -

My mom abuses me, and she lives a happy life, has a good salary, and a loving family. Sometimes i just reflect if she's normal. She hits me with her bag, she slaps me and she bumps my head on the wall, and many other things. I assess she's bipolar. She gets all lovey-dovey the next day or the next few hours. My dad works abroad and he doesn't know about the abuse. She's usually like that when I get low grades. We're on the same boat, I guess.

I don't get abused THAT severe. But well, the lowest score in my life was 68, and that only happened once, so I guess I'm safe. And yes, we are on the same boat, just in a different seat location.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell your mom to talk some sense into him.

I won't, last time, my dad just destroys the bathroom door which is partly glass till it gets a huge, huge crack.

- - - Updated - - -

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's a suspicious lenny. :rolleyes:

Hans
12-17-2015, 01:16 PM
A lot of people have gone through worse, so yes. Even if your perspective of "normal" is different, it is generally normal most of the time due to lack of pluralism.

Danne Uriel Boiser
12-17-2015, 01:58 PM
That's how family works, it happens all the time;

Our dads are very stressful in work, so that kind of anger issues can be solved easily.
If your dad is always busy all the time, maybe call him and tell him a story what did
you do today, or make him calm always by talking to him frequently, but don't disturb
him if he's very busy.

Show some good attitudes to him and try to understand his situations in life;

Exactly! If he have his free time already, why don't you try to ask him what are the
problems is he encountering now? Don't make him stress, okay? And try to show
respect to them, even they are already swearing at your front. Do your tasks in your
house like doing assignments, that's it! Do your best in school as much as you can
make your dad happier.

Have some family bonding if possible;

Try to have some family bonding once like going to park and take a picnic or go to
somewhere that all of your family members desires. This is the best way to have
some memories to remember in your life. If you don't like outside activities, try to
have a happy bonding or reunion with your family.

I hope this reply can help you, but read it first! :wave:
---- end ----

(I might add some if possible. I'm thinking more.)

Boomer
12-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Tell him calmly the next time he hits/insults you you'll leave the house. If he does, grab some stuff, stick it in your backpack, and leave right in front of his face. If he cares at all, he would try to make up.

If he doesn't care, well, just give him the cold shoulder. No matter what he says to you, ignore him. He doesn't exist at all. Only set the table for 2 (you and your mom, unless you have a sibling(s), which then set the table for them, too). When your mom brings him up, tell her how you feel and what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's how family works, it happens all the time;

Our dads are very stressful in work, so that kind of anger issues can be solved easily.
If your dad is always busy all the time, maybe call him and tell him a story what did
you do today, or make him calm always by talking to him frequently, but don't disturb
him if he's very busy.

No. My dad is pretty busy and gets stressed out, but he's never acted like this.

Danne Uriel Boiser
12-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Tell him calmly the next time he hits/insults you you'll leave the house. If he does, grab some stuff, stick it in your backpack, and leave right in front of his face. If he cares at all, he would try to make up.

If he doesn't care, well, just give him the cold shoulder. No matter what he says to you, ignore him. He doesn't exist at all. Only set the table for 2 (you and your mom, unless you have a sibling(s), which then set the table for them, too). When your mom brings him up, tell her how you feel and what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

No. My dad is pretty busy and gets stressed out, but he's never acted like this.

Hmmmm... okay! :)

Romai Mori
12-17-2015, 03:05 PM
I had that too.

But he kept doing that to me for years. I started getting used to it. My Shame and my Sadness nerve is gone.

xJess
12-17-2015, 03:49 PM

D0GE, that isn't really nice to say...
You're dad is probably scitzoprheric or going through a tough time or either has anger issues. Spend more time with him, If you dislike that then tell your mum about the issue. I'm pretty sure she'd listen, but if she's a threat to you too then you should most likely go see a care worker or something.
They could sort the issue out depending on how you'd explain about your parents and why you think your parents are a threat to you.

I'm really sorry to hear this and your parents do love you, they must be going through something bad right now.

24elijah24
12-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Since nobody knows me irl I'll just release some stress.

I was foruming, just started about 10 minutes ago.
Dad : [Name] come here.
Me : Ok.
So I came there, just to know it was chess, again, he was teaching me the same trick like yesterday, it is also the 7-9th time he told me that in a week.
Me : Dad, I mastered this one, k.
Dad : cat poop, go away u idiot <- Be warned that this is in a spoiler.
Left without debating, was chatting with my mom when my dad popped out and slapped me. Then I left again, and went to take a nice bath. And when I was eating..
Dad : [Mom's name], did you see our son? I saw him crying like a poor baby upstairs.
Me : Wot.
Dad : I called you [things in spoiler] for a reason, my intentions is good, to teach you, idiot.
Takes food and gone upstairs to my bedroom, and locked it for safety purposes [past experience].
*dad leaves to work, came down after he did*

I'm just wondering if every family is like this, because I'm feeling kinda depressed, he compared me to everybody that's good at what their doing, like [name] is a basketball champion at school, dad says I'm horrible cause I'm not the champion in everything, even when I can't play basket, when my friends get an 100 I get scolded for getting a 95, when I get a 100 he didn't say a thing. Argh. What should I do? If he comes back home I can't lock myself in my room again, I'll get scolded even worse,If I don't, I have a 99% chance of getting another slap.

My dad was emotional at times and just needed someone to give him attention, all dads that go through stress are like this eventually just give your dad attention and he might change.

Tempting
12-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Normal itself is an opinion. Anything that is based off an opinion has no real way of telling if its something or something else.

michaelhans10
12-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Normal :) mate :)

- - - Updated - - -

Normal itself is an opinion. Anything that is based off an opinion has no real way of telling if its something or something else.

True and true bro :)

26FtW26
12-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Honest answer, no. But, I do not know how to help you, since my family has the "you do you" type of thing going on.

ALEXOVER
12-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Alot of people do things because they care maybe you or your dad dont know how to express it. But deep down I think your dad expects alot out of you because he sees the potential in you. Try talking to him about it talking never hurts just be truthfull and sincere about how you feel. ;)
Good luck matee
~Rockefeller

PolarisHD
12-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Plot twist: OP's dad is a tsundere

laylaj
12-17-2015, 06:31 PM
your parents dont love you