PDA

View Full Version : Is This Good Gaming PC?

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 05:31 PM
I just want to run all the games at high ( not too high). Here's the setup:

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
BUMP. I need help. I'm not good at those thimgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys please. I want to buy PC

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:03 PM
BUMP FOR LIFE

MBG090
12-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Dang, I'm no computer nerd, but that looks absolutely freakin' insane. If you wanted to superpower your computer you could upgrade that i5 processor to an i7.

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Dang, I'm no computer nerd, but that looks absolutely freakin' insane. If you wanted to superpower your computer you could upgrade that i5 processor to an i7.

Well, not 'superpower' but atleast I should run games at high . I'll think about i7

MBG090
12-18-2015, 06:20 PM
It's pretty expensive. Average £250.

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:21 PM
It's pretty expensive. Average £250.

What expensive? With i7?

MBG090
12-18-2015, 06:22 PM
What expensive? With i7?

The i7 processor itself is £250.

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:23 PM
The i7 processor itself is £250.

Well, if the set-up is enough to what I want, no need i7

Joshcat
12-18-2015, 06:25 PM
The PC is pretty good. Maybe think about getting an Intel i7 processor, if you want a better experience. And also you could think about getting more SSD space.

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:26 PM
The PC is pretty good. Maybe think about getting an Intel i7 processor, if you want a better experience. And also you could think about getting more SSD space.

Mhm. Ok, I'm open for moar toughts!

CodeSky
12-18-2015, 06:33 PM
I am a computer/tech nerd and I can guarantee that this setup will run 90% of games on max quality without AA enabled so yeah.... dont buy an I7 processor unless you wanna be a hardcore editor or streamer. This PC is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

He does not need an I7 at all , for gaming I3 is good already , I5 is better , I7 is best but unless you wanna hardcore edit/stream then I7 is useless *From own experience* , he has 1TB of DS , why does he need more? :D Unless you wanna download a lot of things tho.. then yes you need more space...

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:34 PM
I am a computer/tech nerd and I can guarantee that this setup will run 90% of games on max quality without AA enabled so yeah.... dont buy an I7 processor unless you wanna be a hardcore editor or streamer. This PC is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

He does not need an I7 at all , for gaming I3 is good already , I5 is better , I7 is best but unless you wanna hardcore edit/stream then I7 is useless *From own experience* , he has 1TB of DS , why does he need more? :D Unless you wanna download a lot of things tho.. then yes you need more space...

Yay. Finally. Nah I won't stream/record. I just want to play.

CodeSky
12-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Yay. Finally. Nah I won't stream/record. I just want to play.

Okay , then the PC parts you choosed are perfect for you.

Glad I could help you! :hat:

peck
12-18-2015, 06:43 PM
A reminder that i7 or i5 is really just a rating and you shouldn't determine performance off it.
Getting a new expensive cpu would be pointless for games as it would likely be capped by the 960, the current build is fine.

Itl run all the games you likely want to play beautifully.

Joshcat
12-18-2015, 06:44 PM

1TB of HHD makes opening applications more slow and vulnerable to lag. He already has 128GB of SSD which is okay, but more would be better. And also, i7 would make it so the games have better responce times. Unless it's based on internet.

Hypnoid
12-18-2015, 06:46 PM
1TB of HHD makes opening applications more slow and vulnerable to lag. He already has 128GB of SSD which is okay, but more would be better. And also, i7 would make it so the games have better responce times. Unless it's based on internet.

%90 of my games won't be online games.

peck
12-29-2015, 07:06 AM

>"Any i7 would make the game have "better response times""
>"hdd means extra seconds of bootup/loading causing lag"
>"unless game uses internet then cpu doesn't matter"
Do you ever forget how to breathe?

craft3d
12-29-2015, 07:35 AM
>"Any i7 would make the game have "better response times""
>"hdd means extra seconds of bootup/loading causing lag"
>"unless game uses internet then cpu doesn't matter"
Do you ever forget how to breathe?

^^^^im dying here^^^^^^

In all seriousness, that build will be fine, although that graphics card would be better as a R9 270X, because of the GTX 960's low memory buffer and it's low FLOPs, Texture Fillrate, and much more. However, it'll be fine for what you want, I'm just trying to get you the most bang-for-your-buck. Anyways, I have a few points that may keep your price down, however, like:
-Will you overclock?
-Will you upgrade this build
-Do you use CDs?
-Are you a musician or audiophile?
-Do you have an operating system?

Hypnoid
01-01-2016, 02:47 PM
^^^^im dying here^^^^^^

In all seriousness, that build will be fine, although that graphics card would be better as a R9 270X, because of the GTX 960's low memory buffer and it's low FLOPs, Texture Fillrate, and much more. However, it'll be fine for what you want, I'm just trying to get you the most bang-for-your-buck. Anyways, I have a few points that may keep your price down, however, like:
-Will you overclock?
-Will you upgrade this build
-Do you use CDs?
-Are you a musician or audiophile?
-Do you have an operating system?

-idk what is overclock

-maybe, in future

-dont think so

-no

-Windows 7

dorie2739
01-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm no pro, but I'd say that it's very good/above average.
Enough for average gaming.