PDA

View Full Version : Should I get fallout4?

YellowPepper
12-19-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure I want it for Christmas. if you want explain why you clicked yes/no.
It will HELLLPPPPPPP!!!

DropeTD
12-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Fallout 4 is probably the best game of 2015. Its an RPG but has excelent fights. The story is magnificemt and so are the mini-stories (Vault stories etc.). There is a ton of terrain to explore and find epic loot.

Unluckiest
12-19-2015, 01:23 PM
I bet gummibear's gonna spam yes all over this thread.

|ThyLuigi|
12-19-2015, 06:53 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

thegamer381
12-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Yes because if you say no then Gummibear64 will bash!

Obliderate
12-19-2015, 07:45 PM
And now we slowly wait for gummibear...
If you do get it, dont do this

thegamer381
12-19-2015, 09:49 PM
And now we slowly wait for gummibear...
If you do get it, dont do this

OMG YOU WASTED 85 DOLLARS!!!

Indicative
12-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Yes, you should. ;)

GummiBear64
12-20-2015, 12:26 AM
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

is this even a genuine question

thegamer381
12-20-2015, 04:32 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

is this even a genuine question

Wow i cant believe you did not freak out over the broken fallout 4 disc!

Dinobones62
12-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes, i sunk about 50-60 hours in the game i am loving it, however i am slightly biased as i have played all the fallout games, if you have any questions about fallout message me about it

CodeSky
12-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Before scrolling down let me bet 100$ that Gummibear answered YES.

Yep he did yay

I think you should buy it. Cause it is awesome

thegamer381
12-20-2015, 04:43 PM

Yep he did yay

I think you should buy it.

:rolleyes:

Heavygun
12-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Where are you going to play it? Pc, Xbox one or PS4?

Rockytop
12-20-2015, 05:56 PM
I have a bad feeling that this game will be overrated in a few months. :rolleyes:

thegamer381
12-20-2015, 09:55 PM
I have a bad feeling that this game will be overrated in a few months. :rolleyes:

I have a bad feeling that you are having too many bad feelings...

DropeTD
12-20-2015, 10:13 PM
If you decide not to get it, your judging skills are -10000

syrup
12-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Legit question, should I get the Fallout Anthology or Fallout 4

GummiBear64
12-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Wow i cant believe you did not freak out over the broken fallout 4 disc!
He has already shown me it therefore I was not shocked.
I had also seen it prior but you know, whatever.

Yes, i sunk about 50-60 hours in the game i am loving it, however i am slightly biased as i have played all the fallout games, if you have any questions about fallout message me about it
50-60 hours? You bloody pleb. I'm sitting here at like 80 hours but that was to be expected...

Yep he did yay

I think you should buy it. Cause it is awesome
IM NOT THAT PREDICTABLE AM I?

not while I'm here it won't be.

Legit question, should I get the Fallout Anthology or Fallout 4
That's actually tough. I've only played 3, 4 and new Vegas and they were all good...

Christopher
12-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Eww no, dafuq

GummiBear64
12-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Eww no, dafuq

DONT YOU SPEAK BAD STUFF ABOUT MY BAE!!

|ThyLuigi|
12-21-2015, 02:52 AM
DONT YOU SPEAK BAD STUFF ABOUT MY BAE!!

i thot everyone was bae

GummiBear64
12-21-2015, 03:00 AM
i thot everyone was bae

yes but my real baes are bethesda, skyrim, square enix and final fantasy

IC Growtopia
12-21-2015, 03:01 AM

And me bby

Defuse
12-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Bad things about fallout 4

Number 5
The introduction for Fallout 4 falls way short of the incredibly high bar set by Fallout 3. By the time I left vault 101 in Fallout 3, Bethesda had already taken me on a magic carpet ride of emotions. From birth, my birthday party, my first crush, dealing with bullies, and ultimately leaving the shelter, by the time the intro was over, I had already established the fundamentals of my character’s identity. Fallout 4 takes that level of character building and attachment to narrative and flushes it down the toilet. I found myself completely unmoved by the elimination of specific main characters, and change of circumstances because I had not been given a reason to care. In Fallout 3 I wanted so badly for my girlfriend to follow me into the wasteland, and felt so sad that she didn’t want to leave with me. In Fallout 4 when I lost characters I was supposed to care about… I just looted the bodies and moved forward.

Number 4
One thing I love about Bethesda games is that nobody is safe from death. Companions, quest carriers, and pretty much everyone else (other than children) in games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim were fair game to meet the reaper, even if it means sabotaging the very fabric that holds your quests together! It seems like in Fallout 4 most of the NPCs are totally untouchable. If your companions take too much damage they go prone for a little while and then come back. While I understand that they must have done this so that the companion dies because of their stupid AI, your primary quests aren’t scrapped. If you liked travelling with Fawkes from Fallout 3 because he would hold your hand and kill everything for you, you might enjoy the companion system in Fallout 4.

Number 3
War… War never changes… and neither does Fallout’s inventory management system. They did make changes to how the armor works in Fallout 4. Now you wear a base costume, and then equip pieces of armor over each limb. This means that if you are particular about having your best armor and weapons equipped at all times, be prepared to spend a lot of time in your pip-boy. There is a sorting feature that allows you to sort by damage, weight, or value and this helps out a lot, but I feel like other games have taken care of this problem much better.

Number 2
Bethesda games are so ambitious and the complexity of their games is one thing that makes them so popular among RPG fans. Another thing Bethesda is known for is random bugs and glitches. Upside down Mammoths in Skyrim, random Brahmin spawns in your house, companions that will often just disappear for hours only to be found swimming in an irradiated river for days at a time. The thing is that Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are so massive that they inevitably have strange bugs. Fallout 4 is no different, so as long as you are quick saving and quick saving often, you will save yourself many potential headaches from some weird game breaking glitches.

Number 1
My biggest complaint about Fallout 4 in general was the removal of the Karma system. The karma system was exchanged for a faction system in New Vegas. Many of us hoped that maybe it was just an Obsidian thing and that as soon as Bethesda made a new Fallout that the Karma system would make its triumphant return. Unfortunately this was not the case. In fact when trying to just be evil in Fallout 4 there were absolutely no repercussions other than angry NPCs. In the main quest, it is impossible to be a bad guy. No matter what you say the plot moves forward the same way with little to no difference had you chose the ‘nice guy’ dialogue options. I’m not saying that this is a deal breaker for me, but I believe it’s a big talking point for those who really loved the ‘play your own way’ aspects of Bethesda games.

I swore before playing Fallout 4 that it was a sure win for Game of the Year. Unfortunately I think that is not a guarantee anymore. Games like Witcher 3 were phenomenal, and Metal Gear received near perfect scores from major gaming news outlets. While Fallout 4 is an amazing game that’s definitely worth your hard-earned bottle caps, you should keep your expectations realistic.

GummiBear64
12-21-2015, 04:07 AM
Bad things about fallout 4
Number 5
The introduction for Fallout 4 falls way short of the incredibly high bar set by Fallout 3. By the time I left vault 101 in Fallout 3, Bethesda had already taken me on a magic carpet ride of emotions. From birth, my birthday party, my first crush, dealing with bullies, and ultimately leaving the shelter, by the time the intro was over, I had already established the fundamentals of my character’s identity. Fallout 4 takes that level of character building and attachment to narrative and flushes it down the toilet. I found myself completely unmoved by the elimination of specific main characters, and change of circumstances because I had not been given a reason to care. In Fallout 3 I wanted so badly for my girlfriend to follow me into the wasteland, and felt so sad that she didn’t want to leave with me. In Fallout 4 when I lost characters I was supposed to care about… I just looted the bodies and moved forward.

In my honest opinion, I feel as if both introductions were superior in their own way.
Sure, Fallout 3 was better in the terms of character development as you were essentially with your character since birth but they didn't exactly touch on the whole "prewar" aspect of the game like Fallout 4 did.
Sure, Fallout 3 did a somewhat better job telling the story but I felt as if it was always the exact same when it came to being attached to characters. I felt very emotional when that scene occurred in the Vault, when I left my house to head towards the Vault, I genuinely did not want to leave Codsworth behind, maybe that's just because I like robots, I don't know. Towards the end of the Silver Shroud quest, I abused the quicksave and load button because I didn't get the ending I desired, if you know what I mean.

Number 4
One thing I love about Bethesda games is that nobody is safe from death. Companions, quest carriers, and pretty much everyone else (other than children) in games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim were fair game to meet the reaper, even if it means sabotaging the very fabric that holds your quests together! It seems like in Fallout 4 most of the NPCs are totally untouchable. If your companions take too much damage they go prone for a little while and then come back. While I understand that they must have done this so that the companion dies because of their stupid AI, your primary quests aren’t scrapped. If you liked travelling with Fawkes from Fallout 3 because he would hold your hand and kill everything for you, you might enjoy the companion system in Fallout 4.

Nobody is safe from death? Good lord, heaps of people were tagged essential in Skyrim and Fallout 3 — more so in Skyrim than Fallout 3.
I understand Fallout 4 isn't very good if you decided to role play a mass murderer but there are always mods and console commands you can use. I enjoyed travelling with Fawkes not because he was OP but because he was the only good companion I could have with my good karma — Star Paladin Cross was flipping awful. Sure, I could've used Charon - which I did end up using - but Fawkes was my main one until I ended up actually finding Charon.

With companions in Fallout 4, I feel as if they are setup perfect. They have their own individual karma system which I shall get into later, some have their own quests, they have a perk you can get and to top it off, they aren't even OP in the sense that they have limited ammo on items you give them, unlike Fallout 3, and they are unconscious until the coast is clear, so to speak.

Number 2
Bethesda games are so ambitious and the complexity of their games is one thing that makes them so popular among RPG fans. Another thing Bethesda is known for is random bugs and glitches. Upside down Mammoths in Skyrim, random Brahmin spawns in your house, companions that will often just disappear for hours only to be found swimming in an irradiated river for days at a time. The thing is that Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are so massive that they inevitably have strange bugs. Fallout 4 is no different, so as long as you are quick saving and quick saving often, you will save yourself many potential headaches from some weird game breaking glitches.
A game is not a game without a few bugs on launch. That much cannot be changed. I understand Bethesda are infamous for their game breaking bugs but they do really well getting it fixed rather soon.

Number 1
My biggest complaint about Fallout 4 in general was the removal of the Karma system. The karma system was exchanged for a faction system in New Vegas. Many of us hoped that maybe it was just an Obsidian thing and that as soon as Bethesda made a new Fallout that the Karma system would make its triumphant return. Unfortunately this was not the case. In fact when trying to just be evil in Fallout 4 there were absolutely no repercussions other than angry NPCs. In the main quest, it is impossible to be a bad guy. No matter what you say the plot moves forward the same way with little to no difference had you chose the ‘nice guy’ dialogue options. I’m not saying that this is a deal breaker for me, but I believe it’s a big talking point for those who really loved the ‘play your own way’ aspects of Bethesda games.

I swore before playing Fallout 4 that it was a sure win for Game of the Year. Unfortunately I think that is not a guarantee anymore. Games like Witcher 3 were phenomenal, and Metal Gear received near perfect scores from major gaming news outlets. While Fallout 4 is an amazing game that’s definitely worth your hard-earned bottle caps, you should keep your expectations realistic.

I agree, the removal of the karma system was a big disappointment however they did amend it somewhat by adding a karma system for each companion so they all have their individual likes and dislikes. If I recall correctly, which I do seeing as the last time I played New Vegas was a little shy of a month ago, the karma system was still there along with the faction system you mentioned.
Just because it isn't a perfect game, it doesn't mean it has no chance of winning Game of the Year as I feel it has done many things better than games such as Witcher 3 and Metal Gear.

YellowPepper
12-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Where are you going to play it? Pc, Xbox one or PS4?

PS4 or Xbox 1

- - - Updated - - -

Even if everyone said no, I'll still get the game. :rolleyes:

Hans
12-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Anything created by Bethesda is bae.

I had fun breaking my Skyrim to hell with the mods, killed children, killed everyone. All the quests were a bunch of sabotage, I never got to complete because I had to kill everyone. (Except the main story)

Noisia
12-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes
Yes
. Yes
. yes
. yes