PDA

View Full Version : "Wrong Sub-Forum/Mini-Mod" Guidelines

Bruce Wayne
12-19-2015, 11:45 PM
I have no authority, I know. I also know I will never become a mod if I even wanted too (I don't).

But, tons of people say "wrong sub-forum" and never tell them where to put it. I decided to make some guidelines if you wanna say it.*

- Do not say "wrong sub-forum" if a Growtopia thread is in the RTsoft Tavern. The Tavern is a place for anything.

- Do not say "wrong sub-forum" without stating where it should go and why. This is so you are not just saying it to raise your post count.

- Do not try to hunt down threads that are in the wrong sub-forum to point out to them that it is in the wrong place. This is annoying and counted as "spam."

- If someone is saying they got scammed in the Bugs/Reports section, do not say "this is in the wrong sub-forum," because it really dosent belong anywhere. Tell them to email support, or get over it.

* I am not being a mini mod over this, it just gets me annoyed to see people say this to raise their own post count.

|Mini Mod Section|

- If a person is just trying to help and is not being a SUPER-DUPER MINI-MODDER, then don't say anything.

- A SUPER-DUPER MINI-MODDER (SDMM) is a person who hunts down rule breakers, don't do that.

- If someone is a SDMM, don't hunt them down and tell them they are a mini-mod on every single chance you get.

- If you are saying some one is a mini mod, don't say it to a former mod. That's kinda mean.

|End|

- Both of these statements, mini mod and "wrong sub-forum," are both really spam.

|Endy End. End.|

I don't expect anybody to use this guide to actually rule out whether they should post. I have no authority, this is just to say "please stop doing that" in the nicest way I can. I am not being a mini mod by posting this thread.

I know very well I will never become a mod even if I wanted to. I do not want to be a mod.

Obliderate
12-19-2015, 11:53 PM
wrong subforum

Bruce Wayne
12-19-2015, 11:55 PM
wrong subforum

nope.

dosent go in guides section.

not a growtopia guide.

Obliderate
12-19-2015, 11:56 PM
nope.

dosent go in guides section.

not a growtopia guide.

wrong thread
wrong quote
wrong reply
wrong sentence
wrong word
wrong letter

Bruce Wayne
12-19-2015, 11:57 PM
wrong thread
wrong quote
wrong reply
wrong sentence
wrong word
wrong letter

wrong post

Obliderate
12-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Wrong person.

wrong name.
Fawful is not lord. He smiles to much
Hakma is lord

PolarisHD
12-20-2015, 12:06 AM
- Do not say "wrong sub-forum" if a Growtopia thread is in the RTsoft Tavern. The Tavern is a place for anything.

It is in the wrong sub-forum. There is a Growtopia forum for a reason.

- Saying some one is a mini mod makes you a mini mod, since being a mini mod is being a "person who tells someone they are breaking rules." It is frowned upon to be a mini mod, and telling them they are is being a mini mod.

That logic is flawed. Being a mini-mod isn't against the rules. Also, that definition of mini-mod is wrong. If I see a new forumer spamming rolleyes on a thread and said "What you're doing is spamming and spamming is against the rules" does that make me a mini-mod?

- If you are saying some one is a mini mod, don't say it to a former mod. That's kinda mean.

So, it is perfectly fine if you tell a normal forumer that he is a mini-mod, but if you say it to a former mod, then that'd be mean? Error 404: Equality not found.

Indicative
12-20-2015, 12:07 AM

It's better to post it in Everything Else sub forum rather than Tavern if you're discussing about Growtopia.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:15 AM
It is in the wrong sub-forum. There is a Growtopia forum for a reason.
- Yes, but the tavern is STILL a place for everything.

That logic is flawed. Being a mini-mod isn't against the rules. Also, that definition of mini-mod is wrong. If I see a new forumer spamming rolleyes on a thread and said "What you're doing is spamming and spamming is against the rules" does that make me a mini-mod?
- Yes.

So, it is perfectly fine if you tell a normal forumer that he is a mini-mod, but if you say it to a former mod, then that'd be mean? Error 404: Equality not found.
- A former mod dosent want to be reminded they were once a mod and got demoted.

What I mean, is that you should research before you post "mini mod."

answers in quote

- - - Updated - - -

It's better to post it in Everything Else sub forum rather than Tavern if you're discussing about Growtopia.

Still is a place for everything.

Typical
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
By your logic Growtopia subforums, Tanked! subforum, Game Development, and every other subforum is useless since Tavern "is a place for everything."

_CM
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
answers in quote

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. So now we're allowed to post anything in the RTsoft Tavern? Even if it's related to Growtopia, Tanked, Dinduck, Proton, etc? So why not go bash Seth in removing their respective forum? After all, you pointed out that you can post anything in the Tavern.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Ok. So now we're allowed to post anything in the RTsoft Tavern? Even if it's related to Growtopia, Tanked, Dinduck, Proton, etc? So why not go bash Seth in removing their respective forum? After all, you pointed out that you can post anything in the Tavern.

I am saying if you wanted too.

Yes, it is a good thing to post there, but it still us a place for everything.

Indicative
12-20-2015, 12:22 AM

So what's the point of the Growtopia sub forum in the first place?

_CM
12-20-2015, 12:22 AM
I am saying if you wanted too.

Yes, it is a good thing to post there, but it still us a place for everything.

So why would you even say that it's alright to post anything in the Tavern if you'll say it's better to post it in it's right forum? Contradicting your own statement.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:23 AM
By your logic Growtopia subforums, Tanked! subforum, Game Development, and every other subforum is useless since Tavern "is a place for everything."

Basically.

The sub-forums are a place for those topics, and it is a good idea to post there. Although, the tavern is a place for all topics.

Typical
12-20-2015, 12:24 AM
Basically.

The sub-forums are a place for those topics, and it is a good idea to post there. Although, the tavern is a place for all topics.

Should I start a petition to remove all other sub forums except tavern? You can be the first to sign.

Indicative
12-20-2015, 12:25 AM
Basically.

For example, you want to ask about math subject. There are 2 teachers: math teacher and course teacher. The course teacher can do math and other subjects. If you want a more detailed answer, you should ask the specific teacher, the math teacher.

It's the same like choosing the better sub forum. Both subforum are suitable for the topic but it's better to chose the more specific one.

_CM
12-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Should I start a petition to remove all other sub forums except tavern? You can be the first to sign.

I would sign as well if Bruce can give a concrete reason why RTsoft Tavern is a place for everything.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:26 AM
So what's the point of the Growtopia sub forum in the first place?

It's to organize it.

The Grow sub forum is a place for Growtopia.

Hmm.

Look at this:

>Tavern is for everything.
>Grow is for Grow topics.
<If tavern is for everything, Grow can go there.
<Grow can go in Grow also.

Kurisumasu
12-20-2015, 12:28 AM
wrong subforum

Don't kill me :rolleyes:

Typical
I would sign as well if Bruce can give a concrete reason why RTsoft Tavern is a place for everything.

Most likely due to tavern's description:

Forum: RTsoft Tavern
Help yourself to a free drink at the RTsoft tavern, kick back, and discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya.

The "discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya" can be interpreted in a lot of ways. The argument is flawed but I feel a part of the reasoning came from that description.

_CM
It's to organize it.

The Grow sub forum is a place for Growtopia.

Hmm.

Look at this:

>Tavern is for everything.
>Grow is for Grow topics.
<If tavern is for everything, Grow can go there.
<Grow can go in Grow also.

So I'll start posting in the RTsoft Tavern whatever I want. If I get an infraction, I'll put all the blame in the world on you. Kay? Kay.

Indicative
12-20-2015, 12:30 AM
It's to organize it.

Duh. You know the answer alr. You're basically contradicting with your own statement.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:33 AM
So I'll start posting in the RTsoft Tavern whatever I want. If I get an infraction, I'll put all the blame in the world on you. Kay? Kay.

You shouldn't get an infraction, since in reality, it isn't against the rules.

I am saying the tavern can be a place for all topics. It is a good idea to post the topic in the topics place.

Also, Game Dev and Proton SDK are dead sub forums, more people post here than there.

- - - Updated - - -

Duh. You know the answer alr. You're basically contradicting with your own statement.
I am saying the tavern is a place for all topics. There is no rule against it.

You can put Grow in tavern, and grow in Grow.

It just is a better idea to put it in Grow than the tavern but is still not illegal or bad.

PolarisHD
12-20-2015, 12:37 AM
- Yes, but the tavern is STILL a place for everything.

Why do you think Seth added a Growtopia forum? I mean, you might as well remove the Growtopia forum because posting Growtopia-related threads in the Tavern is fine, right?

Edit: Dammit. It took a long time for me to write this reply so someone mentioned it before me lol.

I'd also like to add something, the RTSoft Tavern's description said "Discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya", so technically, the Tavern isn't a place for everything.

- Yes.

No. That is just reminding the forumer that he/she is doing something wrong. Yes, the definition of a mini-mod is someone who enforces the rules on people when they can just leave it up to the moderators. Let's be honest here, the moderators would rather give you an infraction rather than posting on the thread/PM-ing you and saying that you are doing something wrong.

Besides, like I said before, being a mini-mod isn't against the rules, so calling someone a mini-mod doesn't make you a mini-mod.

- A former mod dosent want to be reminded they were once a mod and got demoted.

Yeah, sure. I mean, it's not mean if you call a normal forumer a mini-mod and even if a former mod is mini-modding, you shouldn't call him a mini-mod because that's just mean amiryte?

What I mean, is that you should research before you post "mini mod."

No idea what you're trying to say there.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:46 AM
Why do you think Seth added a Growtopia forum? I mean, you might as well remove the Growtopia forum because posting Growtopia-related threads in the Tavern is fine, right?

Edit: Dammit. It took a long time for me to write this reply so someone mentioned it before me lol.

I'd also like to add something, the RTSoft Tavern's description said "Discuss (almost) whatever pleases ya", so technically, the Tavern isn't a place for everything.

- The "almost" dosent really tell you what "almost" is.

No. That is just reminding the forumer that he/she is doing something wrong. Yes, the definition of a mini-mod is someone who enforces the rules on people when they can just leave it up to the moderators. Let's be honest here, the moderators would rather give you an infraction rather than posting on the thread/PM-ing you and saying that you are doing something wrong.

Besides, like I said before, being a mini-mod isn't against the rules, so calling someone a mini-mod doesn't make you a mini-mod.

- Ok, I'll accept that.

Yeah, sure. I mean, it's not mean if you call a normal forumer a mini-mod and even if a former mod is mini-modding, you shouldn't call him a mini-mod because that's just mean amiryte?

- You are ryte!

No idea what you're trying to say there.

- My definition of mini mod is "a person who keeps on saying people are doing things wrong," you should research before saying someone is a mini mod.

Answers in quote

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Noob typing the first letter of every word in caps -> Minimod
Noob who has better grammar -> Backseat Moderation, even more annoying

Uh.

I put at the bottom I didn't expect anybody to actually use this guide. ._.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 12:57 AM
:rolleyes:

I don't get it.

What are you trying to say?

PolarisHD
12-20-2015, 12:58 AM
- The "almost" dosent really tell you what "almost" is.

Probably inappropriate threads, threads that should be in their respective sub-forums, etc.

- You are ryte!

If that's the case, then that's just unfair.

- My definition of mini mod is "a person who keeps on saying people are doing things wrong," you should research before saying someone is a mini mod.

Oh, then I'd agree with you on there. You should definitely should search what mini-mod means before calling someone a mini-mod.

Noob typing the first letter of every word in caps -> Minimod
Noob who has better grammar -> Backseat Moderation, even more annoying

Please tell me you're joking...

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Probably inappropriate threads, threads that should be in their respective sub-forums, etc.

I do think they should collaborate more on what "almost" means.

If that's the case, then that's just unfair.

Imagine you were a mod, you don't want people jokingly or seriously saying "mini mod," when you were once a mod yourself. It's mean. The former mods can't punish you for mocking them since they were demodded.

Oh, then I'd agree with you on there. You should definitely should search what mini-mod means before calling someone a mini-mod.

I don't wanna take that as a sarcastic answer. I is scared of u.

Please tell me you're joking...

answers in quote.

PolarisHD
12-20-2015, 01:14 AM
I do think they should collaborate more on what "almost" means.

I agree, to avoid further confusions and such.

Imagine you were a mod, you don't want people jokingly or seriously saying "mini mod," when you were once a mod yourself. It's mean. The former mods can't punish you for mocking them since they were demodded.

Yes. That might be true. What I'm trying to say is that I think it's unfair that you can't call a former mod a mini-mod, but it's okay if you say it to a normal forumer.

I don't wanna take that as a sarcastic answer. I is scared of u.

Nono. I wasn't being sarcastic there. I don't really like seeing people using the term "mini-mod" wrong just like the person who posted the #28 post.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 01:17 AM
I agree, to avoid further confusions and such.

Yes. That might be true. What I'm trying to say is that I think it's unfair that you can't call a former mod a mini-mod, but it's okay if you say it to a normal forumer.

Nono. I wasn't being sarcastic there. I don't really like seeing people using the term "mini-mod" wrong just like the person who posted the #28 post.

I have an off-topic question, is your sig-pic a .gif?

PolarisHD
12-20-2015, 01:18 AM
I have an off-topic question, is your sig-pic a .gif?

Yes.

Edit: That question just reminded me of this thread. (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?219761-Only-3-private-messages-at-a-time) Good times.

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 01:51 AM
lel wrong subforum u supr dupe minimod

Don't take this ^ seriously.

lol.

noob 10chas

Megazork
12-20-2015, 05:02 AM
RTSoft tavern has a broad and vague description of what threads should go in it and but you'd have to make some deductive inferences to realize that just because it says "anything", doesn't mean a person should go on a whim and start posting their selling threads on the forum. Other subforums were made for a reason for controlling the flow of the amount of threads and a person using a pretext of RTSoft's vague description is laaaame. They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of creating subordinate forums just for it all to go pile up in the superordinate forum(Aka RTSoft).

Bruce Wayne
12-20-2015, 05:13 AM
RTSoft tavern has a broad and vague description of what threads should go in it and but you'd have to make some deductive inferences to realize that just because it says "anything", doesn't mean a person should go on a whim and start posting their selling threads on the forum. Other subforums were made for a reason for controlling the flow of the amount of threads and a person using a pretext of RTSoft's vague description is laaaame. They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of creating subordinate forums just for it all to go pile up in the superordinate forum(Aka RTSoft).

This is this forum.

People don't have inferences.

Invest
12-20-2015, 05:26 AM
wrong subforum

Obliderate 1 - Bruce Wayne 0

Will the R3KTING continue?

Megazork
12-20-2015, 06:23 AM
This is this forum.

People don't have inferences.

Whatever you say, little buddy.