PDA

View Full Version : iPod not Recognised

AlvDarmawan
12-20-2015, 12:30 PM
I need help from you guys (again) *sigh* I know I'm sorry. So I have an iPod Shuffle, I want to put the songs in my PC to it using iTunes, usually upon connecting, there is my iPod listed in the "Devices" tab. But just now I tried to connect it (with a USB cable ofc), it didn't even show the "Devices" tab, moreover my iPod Device. Anyone experienced with Apple products? If so, can you tell me how to fix this kind of problem? I have read some of the tips that Apple officially gave but none of that worked, all programs were installed correctly, none missing. Thank you :hat:

iStolen
12-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Try contacting Apple's support.

TIMTAM
12-20-2015, 12:39 PM
First just try the normal protocol for solving Apple problems.

Try a different USB cable (That one could be damaged. I once had a problem like this that I found out was due to the cable)
Force restart the device
Restart iTunes
Reinstall iTunes

If none of that works (I assume you have tried most of that) then you should go to an Apple store. Apple is really good at customer service, if they can't solve a problem, they will just replace it. I have had heaps of phones with tiny problems and they just replaced it free of charge because they didn't know what was wrong.

If you need it fixed urgently and/or can't go to an apple store, you can force clear the device to factory settings. On an iPhone you can do that by holding the home button and turn of button until the 'Connect to iTunes' icon comes up. Then you can either just back it up from the last back up or re download all your music and stuff (You won't have to pay if you log into the same iTunes account).

Hope I helped, I've had so many problems with apple devices and now whenever my things don't work I just take them to the apple store and let them deal with it as it's their job and they can't just say, "I don't know " and leave you stranded. I've spent way too much time trying to fix devices myself, so I would recommend just taking it to a store.

TIMTAM
12-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Also when you connect it to the PC or Mac does it make a sound or say device installed or device failed whatnot? If it doesn't make a sound or say anything, I would say it is a problem with the cord. Generally if the device is still working, it will atleast make a sound when connected to a computer.

AlvDarmawan
12-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Also when you connect it to the PC or Mac does it make a sound or say device installed or device failed whatnot? If it doesn't make a sound or say anything, I would say it is a problem with the cord. Generally if the device is still working, it will atleast make a sound when connected to a computer.

It does make that sound when you connect USB devices, the "There's a problem with this device" also pops up. Tried re-installing iTunes, nothing changed. I remember that I had 3 USB cables, I'll try to look for 'em, maybe something's wrong with the cable, thanks anyway :hat:

- - - Updated - - -

It's either your cable or your computer. (I've seen failed ports before.)

I guess so, still trying to figure it out, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Try contacting Apple's support.

I will, if the other cables don't work