PDA

View Full Version : REALISM & IDEALISM : A personal, yet general topic | Local forum debate!

Hans
12-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Yes, another stupid debate! I did adore the time and the opinions you gave to the first thread! (You know who you people are!) If you still wish to contribute to the first debate, click this! (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?285526-MORALITY-A-controversial-topic-Local-forum-debate!/page1)

This time, our topic will be more fragile and subjective than the other one. As the title concurs upon, yes — 'tis about realism and idealism. 'Tis rather self-defined, and there are no need for any guide lines. But as I suspect, guide lines are still essential for some, so I'll be adding them! But first, to elaborate.

As I would say: "Once you can accept reality, the more you can adapt to it." Notice the grammar; explaining even if you do not accept reality, there is chance to adapt to it! Is that true? Maybe. But not in any possible way, and that is where idealism applies. Being a perfectionist and just flowing with the reality of what's happening, or making a change — applying your ideals. And this is your job! To further expand this topic.

No, unlike our first thread, there will be no particular sub-topics for this topic in itself is fragile.

|ThyLuigi|
12-20-2015, 05:39 PM
I wish for ideals, but in all realism I know that no matter where I am or who I am, I'll never get them due to constraints of the existence of other humans.

Hans
12-20-2015, 05:44 PM
I wish for ideals, but in all realism I know that no matter where I am or who I am, I'll never get them due to constraints of the existence of other humans.

Now mind citing an instance where this statement of yours is applied. I have already thought of one myself, but the primary source is better than the secondary one. After all, it's filled with idiosyncrasy, no?

|ThyLuigi|
12-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Now mind citing an instance where this statement of yours is applied. I have already thought of one myself, but the primary source is better than the secondary one. After all, it's filled with idiosyncrasy, no?

For example, you just graduate college hoping to find a job, you eventually find one, then a year later your entire source of income is destroyed as you're let go due to budget shortages, making it so you have no control whether or not this or that happens because it all depends on people.

Hans
12-20-2015, 06:10 PM
For example, you just graduate college hoping to find a job, you eventually find one, then a year later your entire source of income is destroyed as you're let go due to budget shortages, making it so you have no control whether or not this or that happens because it all depends on people.

Okay, other than that here's another example:

A master-slave relationship. If a master is arrogant, he will never be proven wrong even if the slave is right in a sense where the slave's ideals grows and wishes for "justice" or righteousness in actions. Either in which he rebels, or earn his rights in a justifiable sense.

This is an example of idealism though; pros and cons, actually. I'll elaborate the "realism" part later on, it's no fun rushing it all :,)

Masqueraded
12-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Reality is finite. Contrasting with morality, reality is the bounds of which society is based upon — there is no escaping it. Ideals can influence how society perceives society, molding it into how the ideals shape it based off abstract concepts like ethics, religion, and even extrication from each. These ideals paragon whimsical daydreams wherein the world is a self-defined utopia, each person corresponding with their ideals. However, everyone knows that the world is far from a utopia.

Basically, to summarize in terse, succinct points, reality is the boundary off all personal ideals; if each individual has a set of ideals, then that can be compared to personal property. Each lives by their own ideals in their household, but is curtailed to reality's limitations in the city's bounds.

I presumed I must digress objectively by explaining each.

thegamer381
12-20-2015, 10:01 PM
You guys are all nerds...

Just like me!

Hans
12-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Reality is finite. Contrasting with morality, reality is the bounds of which society is based upon — there is no escaping it. Ideals can influence how society perceives society, molding it into how the ideals shape it based off abstract concepts like ethics, religion, and even extrication from each. These ideals paragon whimsical daydreams wherein the world is a self-defined utopia, each person corresponding with their ideals. However, everyone knows that the world is far from a utopia.

Basically, to summarize in terse, succinct points, reality is the boundary off all personal ideals; if each individual has a set of ideals, then that can be compared to personal property. Each lives by their own ideals in their household, but is curtailed to reality's limitations in the city's bounds.

I presumed I must digress objectively by explaining each.

Expected as much from you, but I'm looking for something else.

Practically, this sums up the boundaries — rather the properties of reality set for ideals. In which they co-exist, they are still relatively in the same pattern but is different to each other. Still from where it started, ideals are ideals and reality is reality. How do we define each? That question is a while different thing, actually this whole definition is a whole different thing from realism and idealism. That's one thing and this is another thing, which makes it two things in the same topic. So how many "things" are there in this lil' problem of ours?

Hans
12-21-2015, 03:51 PM
You guys are all nerds...

Just like me!

No, not in any way are we being 'nerds'. Kindly do not lump us in with the typical "social teen" standard. We are just discussing in a preferred manner ;)

Hans
12-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Rise, my friend.