View Full Version : If you could be any Greek god who would you be

Update
08-29-2013, 04:25 AM
I would be Hades god of Rich's and King of the Underworld

Fuzzy Peach
08-29-2013, 04:32 AM
I want to be Apollo, God of...

Source: Wikipedia

God of light, music, arts, knowledge, healing, plague and darkness, prophecy, poetry, purity, athletism, manly beauty, and enlightenment. He is the son of Zeus and Leto, and the twin brother of Artemis. As brother and sister, they were identified with the sun and moon; both use a bow and arrow. In the earliest myths, Apollo contends with his half-brother Hermes. In sculpture, Apollo was depicted as a very handsome, beardless young man with long hair and an ideal physique. As the embodiment of perfectionism, he could be cruel and destructive, and his love affairs were rarely happy. His attributes include the laurel wreath and lyre. He often appears in the company of the Muses. Animals sacred to Apollo include roe deer, swans, cicadas, hawks, ravens, crows, foxes, mice, and snakes.

Cade83
08-29-2013, 05:27 AM
If this is like a similarity thing, then I guess I'd be Athena. Athena is the goddess of wisdom.

Ilikecats
08-29-2013, 05:34 AM
aphrodite the godiest of love I think or is it butie

SlaSHadow
08-29-2013, 05:42 AM
If this is like a similarity thing, then I guess I'd be Athena. Athena is the goddess of wisdom.

Getting griefed several times is not "wise" on your part.

Anyways, I pick Apollo, God of: light, music, arts, knowledge, healing, plague and darkness, prophecy, poetry, purity, athletism, manly beauty, and enlightenment.

Mostly for the Music, Arts, Knowledge, and Healing parts. Controlling Light and Dark would be interesting. Also to control both Healing and Plague. He is the definition of perfectionism. I am not perfect, but I am a perfectionist. He's not all about power, he is about knowledge, so, in a way he is about power. Knowledge is power, after all. He seems to be the God taking steps forward, not staying in the same endless hell that is War, Famine, Natural disasters, and destruction. He can create plagues, but can stop them as he so pleases. By far, the most advanced and modern Greek Divine Being.

EDIT:

aphrodite the godiest of love I think or is it butie
Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love, Beauty, Desire, and Pleasure. Not booty.

minha1234
08-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Athena or Artemis, I guess.

Sources: Me

Athena

Athena is the Greek goddess of battle, wisdom, and crafts/skill. The city Athens (in Greece) is named after her. She was the patron of many heroes in Greek mythology, some such as Jason, Hercules(Heracles for the Greek form), Oddysseus, and more.

She was born from Zeus's head, fully armed for battle, and the (sort of) daughter of Metis and Zeus.

Although she is a goddess of battle, unlike Ares (the god of war), she does not wish to fight without proper reason to.

Her Roman counterpart was Minerva.

She sided with the Greeks in the Trojan War.

The owl and the olive tree are sacred to her.

Artemis

Artemis is the Greek goddess of the moon, hunting, maidens, and the wilderness. She is shown as a huntress and a leader of a group of huntresses, who swore loyalty to the goddess and that they would never fall in love.

Artemis swore that she would remain a maiden and never marry, although many men tried for her heart. The only one who really interested her was Orion, her hunting partner, who was tragically accidentally killed by Artemis or Gaia.

She was born as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and her twin brother was Apollo.

Her Roman counterpart was Diana.

Unlike the other Olympians, she did not take much part in the Trojan War, nor showed any interest; but rumors say she sided with the Trojans, as Apollo did.

The deer and the cypress are sacred to her.

Okay, I would write a full essay about them two, but I guess that would be pretty boring. Anyway, I realized you said a Greek god, so... If I had to pick a god, it would be either Apollo or Hermes.

Sources: Me

Apollo

Apollo is the Greek god of the sun, prophecies, music, healing, poems, and more. Although he is associated with medicine and healing, he was also known to be able to bring deadly plagues (as shown in the Trojan War).

He was the son of Zeus and Leto, and his twin sister was Artemis.

His Roman counterpart was just Apollo, or Apollon, as the Romans did not give him a new name.

He sided with the Trojans in the Trojan War.

The lyre and the laurel are sacred to him.

Hermes

Hermes is the Greek god of boundaries, travelers, messengers, and thieves. He is shown to be very clever and witty, and sometimes shown as a trickster.

When he was just a baby, he stole Apollo's cattle and pretended that he didn't do it. Apollo found out and took Hermes straight to Zeus, but instead of punishing Hermes, Zeus just laughed. He later made up for it, by creating the lyre and giving it to Apollo.

He was the son of Maia and Zeus.

His Roman counterpart was Mercury.

He sided with the Greeks in the Trojan War.

The caduceus and winged sandals symbolized/were sacred to him.

I apologize for the rumblings above, as I have mentioned earlier on another post, I am sort of a Greek mythology, nerd, you could say. ^^;

EDIT: Um, the reason I find I admire them, is, well:

Athena: She is wise, and does not like to fight recklessly like Ares. She is also highly intellectual, and unlike some of the other Olympians, she is logical and doesn't let her feelings guide her.

Artemis: She doesn't really participate in wars and huge conflict, and usually stays neutral and does her own thing. She is intelligent, as well.

Apollo: He is calm, and does what he thinks is the best choice is. And as Slash mentioned, he is the god of the Light and the Dark (according to Wikipedia....), as well as Healing and the ability to cause plagues.

Hermes: Well, he is clever, witty, and sneaky, so that's pretty cool. He is also very creative, and talented. And he is a troublemaker.. :p

maplepro
08-29-2013, 06:08 AM
For me, it would be Poseidon, storm bringer, earth shaker, father of horses, the sea god.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I pick Apollo, God of: light, music, arts, knowledge, healing, plague and darkness, prophecy, poetry, purity, athletism, manly beauty, and enlightenment.

Mostly for the Music, Arts, Knowledge, and Healing parts. Controlling Light and Dark would be interesting. Also to control both Healing and Plague. He is the definition of perfectionism. I am not perfect, but I am a perfectionist. He's not all about power, he is about knowledge, so, in a way he is about power. Knowledge is power, after all. He seems to be the God taking steps forward, not staying in the same endless hell that is War, Famine, Natural disasters, and destruction. He can create plagues, but can stop them as he so pleases. By far, the most advanced and modern Greek Divine Being.

EDIT:

That didn't sound too nice. Anyways, Apollo isn't the god of light and darkness. His the god of the Sun, or you could say the Sun Chariot.

SlaSHadow
08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
For me, it would be Poseidon, storm bringer, earth shaker, father of horses, the sea god.

- - - Updated - - -

That didn't sound too nice. Anyways, Apollo isn't the god of light and darkness. His the god of the Sun, or you could say the Sun Chariot.

I don't have to be nice. I'm fair. Say something without thinking, you deserve what you have coming. This is a forum, not a brainstorming session.

Anyhow, Apollo can be referred to either the God of Light and Darkness or the God of the Sun. Both are acceptable. Read up before you attempt to correct me.

Ilikecats
08-29-2013, 06:24 AM

EDIT:

I meant beauty I don't not know how to spell it :p

BuilderBoy
08-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Poseidon or Zeus

Angrox
08-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Probably Zeus :)
Or Olympus , i just love them the most!

l0l
08-29-2013, 01:49 PM
I would be chronos:ninja: I'd rather be a titan than a god MWAHAH.

maplepro
08-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Probably Zeus :)
Or Olympus , i just love them the most!

I'm very sure Olympus isn't a god. Olympus is where the gods live, both minor and major. You may be referring to the Olympians, the 12 major god. Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Apphrodite, Dionysus, Ares, Hermes, Athena, Demeter. Hope this helps.

tom1
08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I would be Hades god of Rich's and King of the Underworld

If he is than ill be him

Btw don't post things to off topic!

trice
08-29-2013, 04:35 PM
I would be chronos:ninja: I'd rather be a titan than a god MWAHAH.

#Cronus. Spell it right. Then you may have a chance. I would be Poseidon. Why? He killed Cronus.

TheDarkWolf
08-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Wait Annabeth is the daughter of Athena right? Meh, I still prefer Poseidon though.

minha1234
08-29-2013, 10:37 PM
If he is than ill be him

Btw don't post things to off topic!

Thor is a Norse mythology god. Completely different from Greek. ಠ_ಠ

Oh, and this isn't off-topic at ALL. This is the RTSoft Tavern, and if you were wondering, you can post almost anything appropriate here. Please be sure that you are stating an actual fact in your post, before posting. ಠ_ಠ

Swertip
08-29-2013, 10:48 PM
#Cronus. Spell it right. Then you may have a chance. I would be Poseidon. Why? He killed Cronus.

#Kronos. Spell it right. Then you may have a chance.

CreaterZ
08-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Hestia.

Update
08-29-2013, 11:34 PM

EDIT:

This is not the Drama Section that's somewhere else your free to go there but no drama here just chilling

- - - Updated - - -

Hestia.
Hesitant FTW she takes care of the Fire gave someone her Spot SHE IS SO NICE

SilverMoon
08-31-2013, 03:06 PM
:yeah: Well, I'd choose Artemis cuz I love silver stuff but yeah.... For gods, I'd pick either Apollo or Zeus.. Apollo is so cool in Titan's Curse! XD Zeus, obviously, because he's the king...:rolleyes:

TheDoctor
08-31-2013, 05:39 PM
No one really gives a damn about Hephaestus, he's pretty cool except he's "ugly"

If not him
I'd choose Athena or Poseidon.

Flame_Rex
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM
I'd be Dionysus, Ares, or Hephaeustus. Cause they symbolize me?
Dionysus - Ecstasy, chaos, madness. (Excluding drugs and shtuff)
Ares - Bloodshed
Hephaeustus - FIRE

Tohru
08-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Athena.
Smart.
Cool.
Awesome.
Best. Goddess. Ever.

lolgal96
08-31-2013, 09:23 PM
I'd say Athena. I was in a school play and I was Athena, and i just think that she's most my type. Smart. Also pretty.
-Bethany:hug:

FaceplantsForFun
08-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Zeus so I could charge my phone with my bare hands :O

Surge
09-01-2013, 05:21 AM
I would be... Hapatitus. Lol jk. In all seriousness ermm... I think maybe... Zeus. I can't think of any others that much because I'm dummy dums.:sweatdrop: