PDA

View Full Version : Are there more than 2 genders?

Christopher
12-23-2015, 11:51 PM
105813 Youtube comment section

So... I Thought there were only males and females. Is transgender a gender? I've heard wouldn't they prefer to be called male and female instead of being singled as a transgender? I'm so lost

Liammagoo
12-23-2015, 11:52 PM
There are three genders in existence:
Male
Female
And Xenomorph

Metalwire
12-23-2015, 11:52 PM

So... I Thoth there were only males, and females. Is transgender a gender? I've heard wouldn't they prefer to be called male and female instead of being singled as a transgender? I'm so lost

Transgender isn't an actual gender since it incorporates male/female

Obliderate
12-23-2015, 11:54 PM
No. People who "change" their gender are still either boy or girl.
Then they get called brave and win a huge award instead of someone who lost both legs, but still runs marathons

hammerkraz
12-23-2015, 11:54 PM
I think its possible to be both Lady C was I think

MyLegGuy
12-23-2015, 11:55 PM
No.
10 charactersz

Kurisumasu
12-23-2015, 11:56 PM
No, im pretty sure there's two offical genders- male, female

Christopher
12-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Transgender isn't an actual gender since it incorporates male/female

No. People who "change" their gender are still either boy or girl.
Then they get called brave and win a huge award instead of someone who lost both legs, but still runs marathons

No.
10 charactersz

Thanks for clarifying, but what the hell is pansexual? Isn't it Bisexual?

Kurisumasu
12-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Thanks for clarifying, but what the hell is pansexual? Isn't it Bisexual?

Pansexual is falling in love with anyone like falling in love with bisexuals or gays,lesbians,staight,transgender doesnt really matter who they fall for

Edit: Bisexual people are attracted towards male and female only( i think)

Frank Horrigan
12-23-2015, 11:59 PM
The comment is saying that there are two genders (male and female).
By mental, he is talking about sexual preference (gay, lesbian, bisexual)

Christopher
12-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Pansexual is falling in love with anyone like falling in love with bisexuals or gays,lesbians,staight,transgender doesnt really matter who they fall for

So..... It means bisexual then?

- - - Updated - - -

The comment is saying that there are two genders (male and female).
By mental, he is talking about sexual preference (gay, lesbian, bisexual)
But the guy that replied didn't say that

Metalwire
So..... It means bisexual then?

Yes bio and pansexual have the same preference

Kurisumasu
All in wiki looloolol

Liammagoo
12-24-2015, 12:02 AM

In all honesty seeing how he talked about mental gender, he probably was going to say something cliche and harsh like 'Autistic' being a gender, etc. It is a YouTube comment.

Christopher
12-24-2015, 12:03 AM
So pansexual is being attracted to all genders, even though there are 2 .-. Uhhh.

I think that term was made for mushrooms, I heard they had over a hundred genders

Edit: Mushrooms have 36,000 genders, tf?!

Metalwire
12-24-2015, 12:04 AM
So pansexual is being attracted to all genders, even though there are 2 .-. Uhhh.

I think that term was made for mushrooms, I heard they had over a hundred genders

Yes exactly In a mental way it could be considered as a gender because of its difference of liking both sex's instead of just one

Frank Horrigan
12-24-2015, 12:04 AM

What else does "mentally" imply? You guys are already discussing different forms of it.

KKcupcake
12-24-2015, 12:05 AM
omsksksk
bisexual - attracted to 2 genders
pansexual - attracted to all genders
pansexual is NOT equal to bisexual!

Kurisumasu
12-24-2015, 12:05 AM

Edit: Mushrooms have 36,000 genders, tf?!

Attracted to all sexuality is your answer

Liammagoo
12-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Yes exactly In a mental way it could be considered as a gender because of its difference of liking both sex's instead of just one

Being Pansexual usually means you have a sexual attraction to anything, whereas being Bisexual means you're sexually attracted to all things human. I know this as there's a rumour someone at my school is Pansexual, yet to ask her (And probably never will :whistling:)

Christopher
12-24-2015, 12:06 AM
In all honesty seeing how he talked about mental gender, he probably was going to say something cliche and harsh like 'Autistic' being a gender, etc. It is a YouTube comment.

Actually the OP started calling the guy autistic

KKcupcake
12-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Being Pansexual usually means you have a sexual attraction to anything, whereas being Bisexual means you're sexually attracted to all things human. I know this as there's a rumour someone at my school is Pansexual, yet to ask her (And probably never will :whistling:)

ohmygod
pansexual - attracted to ALL GENDERS
bisexual - attracted to 2 or MORE GENDERS
and there's polysexual too - attracted to multiple/many (NOT ALL) genders

Christopher
omsksksk
bisexual - attracted to 2 genders
pansexual - attracted to all genders
pansexual is NOT equal to bisexual!

If we are talking about Humans, then it is. :prophet:

Liammagoo
Actually the OP started calling the guy autistic

This is why people like me find it hard to fit in the Internet :sweatdrop:
But still, there are 2 genders, Bi is all things human while Pan is anything.

Kurisumasu
12-24-2015, 12:09 AM
Internet/Wikipedia is where you answers is my dear friend

Search anything up and your answer pops up

Christopher
12-24-2015, 12:09 AM
ohmygod

2 or MORE? Honey, the prefix Bi means 2

KKcupcake
12-24-2015, 12:11 AM
2 or MORE? Honey, the prefix Bi means 2

yes, i know, but for some reason bisexual is classified sometimes as being attracted to 2 or more genders.

buut thats more of polysexual. so idk.

Liammagoo
12-24-2015, 12:11 AM
ohmygod

Yeah thanks Sherlock, funny how you missed the part where I didn't get them confused with each other and instead wanted to try to correct me...

Bruce Wayne
12-24-2015, 12:12 AM
yep.
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/future_tense/2014/02/13/facebook_gender_options_male_female_and_custom_plu s_preferred_pronouns/facebook_gender_2.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

custom.

how can u have a custom gender.

Liammagoo
12-24-2015, 12:13 AM
custom.

how can u have a custom gender.

You could be Transexual.
Or a Xenomorph.

Christopher
12-24-2015, 12:16 AM
yes, i know, but for some reason bisexual is classified as being attracted 2 or more genders.

Google disagrees with you

Omg, battery percentage!!!

- - - Updated - - -

yes, i know, but for some reason bisexual is classified sometimes as being attracted to 2 or more genders.

buut thats more of polysexual. so idk.

So many sexual preference terms, I can't even keep up anymore

KKcupcake
12-24-2015, 12:16 AM

Google disagrees with you

Omg, battery percentage!!!

oh god idk sexualities are confusing
there's hundreds of them and half don't even make sense.

bagel124
12-24-2015, 12:19 AM
There is a difference between gender and sex.

Gender is what you identify as mentally - what you prefer to be called or recognized as. There may be more than 2, it's really what you identify as.

Sex is basically your 'gender' but it depends on the chromosomes and human functions that separate the 2 sexes. There are only 2 of these.

And no - transgender is not a gender (identity), it is a gender expression.

Metalwire
12-24-2015, 12:22 AM
oh god idk sexualities are confusing
there's hundreds of them and half don't even make sense.
We are consisted of males and females each sex with different parts there comes a time when people are born differently physically they may be male or femal but mentally their hormones are either towards the same gender physically or both genders either way it doesn't matter who is who we are all people and nobody shouldn't be treated based on their preferences for that won't matter hair the type of people we are and how we respect each other.

KKcupcake
12-24-2015, 12:24 AM
We are consisted of males and females each sex with different parts there comes a time when people are born differently physically they may be male or femal but mentally their hormones are either towards the same gender physically or both genders either way it doesn't matter who is who we are all people and nobody shouldn't be treated based on their preferences for that won't matter hair the type of people we are and how we respect each other.
^^^ nice, summed everything up well

26FtW26
12-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Physically, there are 3 different genders. This is actually a study conducted by the WTO (World Twitch Organization) and released just yesterday, so it's hot :poop: at the moment!

The 3 genders of the human race (humani generis) is:

Male
Female
Attack Helicopter

Liammagoo
12-24-2015, 01:04 AM
If boys are XY chromosomes
And girls are XX chromosomes

What would happen if someone had YY?

That's impossible, as one parent only has the Y genetic while the other has both X and Y.

Areodax
12-24-2015, 01:22 AM
So no one mentions gender-fluid or whatever terms tumblr has obtained from the toilet?

Thank the Lord Hakma.

Tre
12-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Pansexuals are NOT attracted to ANYTHING, lol. I don't know where you heard that from Liam but it isn't true.

Bisexual- Attracted to both Genders.
Pansexual- More fluid, they are capable of being attracted to anyone, which means those who are transgender, male, female, etc.

Transgenders believe that they were born in the wrong body. It may be hard to understand but they're still people.

There are two physical genders, male and female, but I believe some people may mentally not have a gender. They prefer to be called they/them/their, I've heard.

LyveWyre
12-24-2015, 02:41 AM

So... I Thought there were only males and females. Is transgender a gender? I've heard wouldn't they prefer to be called male and female instead of being singled as a transgender? I'm so lost

The person is the comments is absolutely correct. The physical genders are male and female...or supposedly there is a third where it is a mix? But either way that include both male and female. The mental "genders", as explained to you, is the idea of being gay, or bisexual, etc.

Spotlight
12-24-2015, 07:50 AM
There are only two genders, male and female.

But I still identify as a vending machine.

Christopher
12-25-2015, 12:22 AM
So no one mentions gender-fluid or whatever terms tumblr has obtained from the toilet?

Thank the Lord Hakma.

Please don't mention him, he's banned. Nothing to talk about

26FtW26
12-25-2015, 01:11 AM
Please don't mention him, he's banned. Nothing to talk about

Fight me, Lord Hakma is the one and only god, and I will fight for his legacy!

Aquarious
12-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Uhm, I might not be right-on-the-dollar with this info, but it's what I have observed from being on tumblr a lot the past year... (lol)

Male (uses he/him pronouns)

Female (uses she/her pronouns)

Agender- (no gender? uses they/them pronouns- still a male or female when it comes to reproductive anatomy)

Gender-fluid/Bigender (is fine with any pronoun: he/him/she/her ?? still a male or female when it comes to reproductive anatomy) This one I'm really unsure of lol...

Intersex- (someone who is neither female nor male when it comes to reproductive anatomy- pronouns probably vary based on preference)

Transgender/transsexual(someone male/female but feel like they were born in the "wrong body"- pronoun becomes whatever they have changed their gender to.)

---

Their gender usually determines what pronouns you use for them. Uhh still, no matter what you use to refer to them- their sex is still either female or male (Unless they're an intersexual) But I think it would be more polite by referring to them according to their "gender" rather than sex.

Christopher
12-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Fight me, Lord Hakma is the one and only god, and I will fight for his legacy!

You people have the weirdest sense of humor... I don't understand it, and I don't want to.

Gusto
12-25-2015, 09:53 AM
There are 2 sexes and many genders.
Gender is what you identify as, while sex is what you physically are. Transgender is an umbrella term, gender is a spectrum.

Gender is between your ears, Sex is between your legs

AtomicMariO
12-25-2015, 09:54 AM

Hermaphrodites?

Dinobones62
12-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Well on websites which ask for gender there's 4 options Male, Female, "other", perfer not to say

GTLighty
12-25-2015, 09:59 AM
I've always wondered why sometimes when you sign up for things it says -

Male / Female / Other