PDA

View Full Version : What is DDOS?

YellowPepper
12-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Title says it all.

Morph
12-24-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't know either, but I bet it is like hacking a website. But someone else have a better explanation.

Colons
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+ddos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhA9PAfkJ10

MrNid
PS: Stop repeating threads! Read the forums first!

DDOS Has already been mentioned a ton of times in the forums in the past hour. Not only this... but there is something called the World Wide Web. Sorry if I'm being too bossy... I just want the forums to jump out of this matter.

Phyric
12-24-2015, 04:52 PM

DDOS Has already been mentioned a ton of times in the forums in the past hour. Not only this... but there is something called the World Wide Web. Sorry if I'm being too bossy... I just want the forums to jump out of this matter.

Trying to act mature in the hopes of being a mod ^^^

YellowPepper
12-24-2015, 04:54 PM

Huheuhuehuehue, thanks you for calming me down. :rolleyes:

MrNid
12-24-2015, 04:58 PM

Dude... How many times do you think I have seen the post " What is DDOS? " in the last hour. The answer is ALOT. By the way, I would prefer to be playing Growtopia without being a mod :)

ParkourDevil
12-24-2015, 05:04 PM

That doesn't mean he wants to become a mod, i'm annoyed too that people spam this forum with this DDoS crap. I'd say the same thing tbh

Viso
12-24-2015, 05:05 PM
"ddossing" can be used as hacking someones router/internet connection, sending packets to it to overload it which shuts down your internet for a certian time, Shutting down peoples wifi is illigal and ddossing a server/business interrupts the flow of business which prevents the owners from making money which can get the doser in jail, a popular way to ddoss someone is by simply checking there IP.

Runo
12-24-2015, 05:10 PM

You say that Ddos is mentioned a lot of time on the forums. Then why don't you just tell us what DDOS is? Don't make a thread if you don't have an answer to the question the poster is asking!

ezereal
12-24-2015, 05:11 PM
It's basically like choking loads of data to overload something (that's all u need to know)

MrNid
12-24-2015, 05:17 PM
You say that Ddos is mentioned a lot of time on the forums. Then why don't you just tell us what DDOS is? Don't make a thread if you don't have an answer to the question the poster is asking!

Why can't you just look it up??? If you really want to know what DDOS is then click this. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDoS_attack.html)

Uzyctnky
12-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Can We Get Hacked If We Try To Log On GT?

MrNid
12-24-2015, 05:19 PM

No! You will definitely not get hacked. DDOS Just affects the server.

Viso
12-24-2015, 05:20 PM

Hamumu said that are passwords are encrypted in so much protection THEY cant even figure it out so im going to guess, No you cant.

- - - Updated - - -

No! You will definitely not get hacked. DDOS Just affects the server.

Calm down, the server ising getting dosed.

MrNid
12-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Hamumu said that are passwords are encrypted in so much protection THEY cant even figure it out so im going to guess, No you cant.

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down, the server ising getting dosed.

Huh? What are you trying to say?

_CM
12-24-2015, 05:23 PM

At lease he's doing something that helps rather than you, harassing a helpful guy.

Viso
12-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Huh? What are you trying to say?

Im trying to say that NOBODY is getting hacked, hamumu says are accounts are unhackable as long as we follow these steps, heres the link. Hamumus post (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?285220-Stop-the-drama)

MrNid
12-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Im trying to say that NOBODY is getting hacked, hamumu says are accounts are unhackable as long as we follow these steps, heres the link. Hamumus post (http://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?285220-Stop-the-drama)

I know you said that... But why did you reply to my quote? What did I do wrong?

XDCorez
12-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Why can't you just look it up??? If you really want to know what DDOS is then click this. (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DDoS_attack.html)

What if I say

I don't want to look for it

Bob Will
12-24-2015, 08:43 PM
"ddossing" can be used as hacking someones router/internet connection, sending packets to it to overload it which shuts down your internet for a certian time, Shutting down peoples wifi is illigal and ddossing a server/business interrupts the flow of business which prevents the owners from making money which can get the doser in jail, a popular way to ddoss someone is by simply checking there IP.

Illegal if it causes 5,000$ or more in damages

Viso
12-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Illegal if it causes 5,000$ or more in damages

This is not true.

Cranium
12-24-2015, 10:11 PM
DDoS is an attack on a targeted attack to an IP address that takes down the internet connection for a certain amount of time.

(Disconnecting and being unable to connect afterwards)

Hans
12-24-2015, 10:29 PM
DDOS is child's play which is a method often used by under-aged posers. That is all.

|ThyLuigi|
12-24-2015, 10:32 PM
DDOS is child's play which is a method often used by under-aged posers. That is all.

"Look Mom, I'm a Hax0r!"

"No you aren't Timmy, you're just a poser"

Chocolatte
12-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Does anyone else remember the DDoS drama that happened over the summer? Or is that just me?

Hans
12-24-2015, 10:37 PM
"Look Mom, I'm a Hax0r!"

"No you aren't Timmy, you're just a poser"

WELL WOULD YA' LOOK AT THAT? YA' DUN EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL OL' JIMMY THE RIGHT WAY, EH? WUSS ME DOWN AND CALL ME JIMMY, Y'ALL GOTTA SEE THIS.

peck
12-24-2015, 11:03 PM
1. Ddos != hacking
2. Ddos is multiple sources, dos is just a single one
3. You can't get in legal trouble for dosing someone, people like to say "we'll if it's over x dollars in loss-" but it can't work like that for several reasons, money lost is only measured by "possible revenue lost", there are many viruses that install programs to make you a part of a hive (so you really can claim it's just a virus), and some other reasoning behind ddosing being a joint effort and no one alone did x amount of damage. However if you incriminate yourself, you likely will get into trouble.

Personally,
I don't boot people to feel like a "l33t h4x3r" or to feed any hunger for power. I boot the "I'm gonna find u, I tracked ur ip (thts Internet protocol if u didn't know x), I'm gonna do ur mom rite after xD I'm a part of anonymous I bet u don't have a mac as good as mine" because of reasons you can think of. Their Internet goes out for a couple hours, the kids parents get mad and try to contact me, give screenies to them, never talk to them again. Still I understand it's dumb to boot anyone for any reason, but it's always tempting, and people literally ask for it.

Hans
12-24-2015, 11:12 PM
1. Ddos != hacking
2. Ddos is multiple sources, dos is just a single one
3. You can't get in legal trouble for dosing someone, people like to say "we'll if it's over x dollars in loss-" but it can't work like that for several reasons, money lost is only measured by "possible revenue lost", there are many viruses that install programs to make you a part of a hive (so you really can claim it's just a virus), and some other reasoning behind ddosing being a joint effort and no one alone did x amount of damage. However if you incriminate yourself, you likely will get into trouble.

Personally,
I don't boot people to feel like a "l33t h4x3r" or to feed any hunger for power. I boot the "I'm gonna find u, I tracked ur ip (thts Internet protocol if u didn't know x), I'm gonna do ur mom rite after xD I'm a part of anonymous I bet u don't have a mac as good as mine" because of reasons you can think of. Their Internet goes out for a couple hours, the kids parents get mad and try to contact me, give screenies to them, never talk to them again. Still I understand it's dumb to boot anyone for any reason, but it's always tempting, and people literally ask for it.

YEAH MAN, "I'M GONNA DO YOUR MOM".

THICKE.
12-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Instead of bashing him. You could just answer the question...he may not find the other threads.